Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

But you're telling UnrealNightmare he's wrong and your taking rumors as fact too.

I said " i don't think you are". Meaning, in my opinion. those pics he posted were taken a while ago, and the person that told me this, is right more often than not.

And like what UnrealNightmare said you have to take rumors with a grain of salt around here. There are going to be people on here wanting to see evidence (myself included) to back up your claim.

• Like 2

Even if there is a trim that was put in post-install, I'm not sure it will be anything more than a decoration anyway. I can only think of two on-course, non-MCBR brakes that are ever used on any inverted coasters in the US - the trim at the top of Alpengeist lift hill and the trim just before you hit the batwing on Montu. The Montu trim isn't used frequently and doesn't affect the ride at all.

• Like 1

Even if there is a trim that was put in post-install, I'm not sure it will be anything more than a decoration anyway. I can only think of two on-course, non-MCBR brakes that are ever used on any inverted coasters in the US - the trim at the top of Alpengeist lift hill and the trim just before you hit the batwing on Montu. The Montu trim isn't used frequently and doesn't affect the ride at all.

yeah, i heard this one is right after the zero g roll on the hill dropping into the valley.

I was able to get a tour yesterday with Don. Here are the pictures we took and our video will be up soon! Thanks again Don!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.552443041515472.1073741842.349928541766924&type=3

What caught my attention in Ohiocoasterman's awesome album was picture 27. It showed a close-up of the most recent piece of track to be installed, at the end of the zero-g roll. There are 4 brackets between the last two ties on that track element. Looks like a prime location for a trim break to be installed.

With most B&Ms I've seen, trim brake locations have two cylindrical holes cut through the spine of the track which are perpendicular to the rails. These holes are where the solenoids for the trim brakes fit.

What has me confused is the fact that these holes are not present at the same location as the brackets in the picture. Maybe it's something similar to Millennium Force where the brackets are on the track for trims but the brakes have not actually been installed.

I had pointed this out a couple months ago, but I believe it's worth restating. Looking at pictures of Leviathan's trims (which are magnetic), the brackets on Banshee look similar to the way that the Leviathan trims are mounted to the track. I also doubt that these are attachment points for proxys, those are typically put straight down the middle of the track ties or attached to the inside of the rails on B&Ms.

Edit: Search 'leviathan trim brakes' images to see what Im talking about. Im on mobile, so picture posting is not as convenient as usual.

• Like 2

I would say probably so. Just because it is in a valley does not prevent anyone from walking up to it and possibly being hurt. I think it would be strange if it didn't get it.^

I hope so, but if they are going to test the trains soon, I would think it would be done before then...unless it is done but we can't see it on the webcam.

• Like 1

Out of the Huss Frisbees though, we were first..Maxair > Delirium...Skyhawk > Rest

Or any other S&S Sansei Screaming Swing for that matter

Adjustable trim as he explained, would be like Maggie or Gemini. Basically keep the ride at a consistent speed. Heavy train and running good, it'll slow down to prevent an overspeed. Too slow, it won't engage the trim to let it go through the course as well as it can.

For instance, leaving trims on Maggie with wind coming straight off of the lake and post any precip..leave the trims on and it's going to valley, no question there...Practically almost been there. The timer in controls scared the hell out of me on the first train I dispatched after rain, switchhed off trims there and called Maint to change the setting on em, could have had a valley screw that

• Like 3

There will be a brake following the zero g roll. It will automatically adjust based on the speed of the train, weather, temp, etc. Essentially, the train will go the same speed no matter what after the brake run. It's not necessarily a trim brake per se.

• Like 13

You basically repeated me :P

Haha... I just noticed that. Please imagine devarious just saying it, while I explained it in a strong He-Man style voice. :)

One thing that I want people to realize is that it's all computerized. It's not like maintenance will adjust the brake different on different days. It'll make the instantaneous calculation and adjust accordingly.

• Like 8

You basically repeated me :P

Haha... I just noticed that. Please imagine devarious just saying it, while I explained it in a strong He-Man style voice. :)

One thing that I want people to realize is that it's all computerized. It's not like maintenance will adjust the brake different on different days. It'll make the instantaneous calculation and adjust accordingly.

Thats part of what they test the ride for when they build them.

• Like 1