Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

I'm kinda excited to see if it tests soon, but I want it to be past the 15th..Have a bet with this kid that's just stupid..so if it's past the 15th I can neener neener neener :P

You said first week of April back in February, Mr. Ride Op Expert Guy.

• Like 7

Curious, does anyone have a number of hours that they must test before they can open it?

I know they have multiple phases of testing but just curious a possible number of hours and conditions they must test.

I heard somewhere they will test each train at least 100 times.
  • Like 1

I don't use this site that often so if people don't normally ask questions like this here, I apologize. Anyway, I am going to be driving to Kings Island for my first time on media day. I'm a new driver (just got my license in October) and I'm not sure I'm ready to make a highway drive through Dayton to KI. Does anybody have any tips in terms of shortcuts that don't use the highways?

Also, which motels are an easy drive to the park? Sorry, this is my first time doing a media day like this.

I'm really excited, though! I love Skyflyer's new paint job, wonder if they'll do any placemaking around the Skyflyer/Banshee/Bat area other than the retheme.

• Like 3

Where at from Dayton? I'm coming from WPAFB easiest way for me is 675-S to 35-E to 42-S and 48-S to 71-S. GPS is easiest guide. Another way is to take 675 S to 48-S and hit 71-S for a quick minute.Last way is more highway but quite easy. Take 675-S till it merges to 75-S, continue through that and get off at Tylersville, make a left follow local traffic until you pop up next to Kings Island.

Cheap Hotels, right next to the Beach there's a Microtel Inn, I stayed once with the Chickens, it was pretty nice, def worth the price, pillows were the BOMB. Depending on what ammenities you want depends on where you stay. Some are even staying at KI Inn across the street, a bed is a bed.

Have fun, cya in a few weeks, any other questions just ask

• Like 2

check out hotels.com, expedia.com, or Travelocity.com for hotel info. It'll list info for hotels in the area, along with amenities and prices. You can usually get a better deal online anyways. I don't blame you one bit on the freeway!!! I've been driving for 13 years and STILL will take back roads over freeway if I'm not in a hurry. Too much construction and idiots on the freeways.

• Like 1

I don't use this site that often so if people don't normally ask questions like this here, I apologize. Anyway, I am going to be driving to Kings Island for my first time on media day. I'm a new driver (just got my license in October) and I'm not sure I'm ready to make a highway drive through Dayton to KI. Does anybody have any tips in terms of shortcuts that don't use the highways?

Also, which motels are an easy drive to the park? Sorry, this is my first time doing a media day like this.

I'm really excited, though! I love Skyflyer's new paint job, wonder if they'll do any placemaking around the Skyflyer/Banshee/Bat area other than the retheme.

741, All the way down to King's Island Drive. It's a nice drive. Hotels, you'll have to ask someone else.

• Like 2

I never heard if we were permitted to bring a guest with us to media day. A spouse or a child?

I apologize if already mentioned.

Only those with current memberships to the approved coaster clubs are allowed to attend.

So basically.....no guest unless they have a current membership.

• Like 2