Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

It's been a while since I posted last, but seriously is it time yet? I have been waiting to see Banshee in action! :)

Welcome back.

Please post in a font we can read in mobile. The one you selected isn't one.

But it looks so cool on the computer!!!

You're missin' out!

*Not really.

Sorry guys! I'll stick with Arial, can everyone read now? :)

Much better. Thanks!

Terp...ironically:

A. a font enthusiast

B. a fount enthusiast

and

C. However good a metaphorical seer he may be, a dramatically poor physical seer.

Thanks again!

• Like 7

That announcement was such a rip off. I think the Banshee Twist ice cream is worth it though!

We have guests that are more excited about our live shows than our roller coasters, that visit the park specifically for the shows. For these guests, the Cirque Imagine announcement was as exciting as the news was to others that we were building Banshee.

Ok sorry. I'm just saying that's my opinion.

• Like 1

As for the person in one of the above posts, I actually think Kings Islands Live Shows are great! It just adds to your great day at KI. Theirs nothing wrong with them announcing a show instead of a new attraction. Were already getting Banshee And The Bat ( I know The Bat is not a new ride, but the GP will think it is). So enjoy Kings Island. Dont get mad at them cause they announced a new show instead of a new ride.

• Like 5

That announcement was such a rip off. I think the Banshee Twist ice cream is worth it though!

We have guests that are more excited about our live shows than our roller coasters, that visit the park specifically for the shows. For these guests, the Cirque Imagine announcement was as exciting as the news was to others that we were building Banshee.

OK, sorry. I am now seeing everyone's point now though. I bet my Memaw and Papaw would love Kings Island shows. They could probably ride the flat rides too. I am seeing the point that everyone has been saying though. Actually their was one show that my dad wanted to see at Kings Island, it was outdoors. It did look cool though.

• Like 1

As for the person in one of the above posts, I actually think Kings Islands Live Shows are great! It just adds to your great day at KI. Theirs nothing wrong with them announcing a show instead of a new attraction. Were already getting Banshee And The Bat ( I know The Bat is not a new ride, but the GP will think it is). So enjoy Kings Island. Dont get mad at them cause they announced a new show instead of a new ride.

I've never been mad at Kings Island over any announcements.

• Like 2

I've never been mad at Kings Island over any announcements.

You Said "That Announcement Was Such a Rip-off!". Thats kinda being mad. :mellow:

• Like 5

Are all of the fences for the lockout zones of Banshee up yet? If they aren't my guess would be that they will not test Banshee until the perimeter fences are set up at the low points. Doesn't seem safe to test a ride without the lockout zones finished.

• Like 4

I think the biggest issue with this new show is the added anticippointment factor. Many people here were getting hyped up for a huge reveal of the Action Zone circle, but then they were let down by the news.

Honestly, then that's on you. Its not like KI did something to miss lead you, they announced their new show on facebook, people shouldn't have been expecting something "big". I think Don recognizes the love of the Eagles in these parts, if something like that was coming back, I'm sure he would have played it up a lot more. Its one thing to hope that a seemingly small announcement is going to be something that you really, really love, but you have to prepare yourself that its going to be something more "standard"

• Like 4

The only thing more annoying than the people saying they were disappointed by the announcement are the people who have a problem with people who were disappointed by the announcement. Everyone has their own opinion, just let them be. That's kind of what a message board is for, believe it or not.

• Like 2

So you're saying people are allowed to have their opinion, but nobody can opine upon said opinion? Now that is what I thought message boards were really for; otherwise it would just be a lot of 1 message threads.

Sure, but countless posts riding a 13 year old girl because she said she was disappointed that the announcement was about a show? Come on.

• Like 1

The only thing more annoying than the people saying they were disappointed by the announcement are the people who have a problem with people who were disappointed by the announcement. Everyone has their own opinion, just let them be. That's kind of what a message board is for, believe it or not.

I agree with this and all opinions regarding the announcement. This park is not only about roller coasters and flat rides. That being said, Kings Island also knows what its doing when it phrases their announcement for the announcement for a new "attraction" vs a new "show", and I can't blame them for doing so either. The amount of anticipation and traffic would decline greatly if you switched those two words, but that's what you need to do to get the word out there to the masses.

• Like 1