Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

We were all new once, and I don't think there are many members here who haven't committed a minor TOS violation. Heck, sometimes the mobile site makes us break TOS without knowing it by double-posting for no reason.

*Not condoning TOS violations, mind you, but not every violation needs to be pointed out.

• Like 13

Oh give her a break! She is one of the best fans on this forum.

This was the first time I've ever said anything referring her to the TOS. I get the excitement and I spoke with sincerity and didn't make it a huge deal. Just pointed it out in a respectful way, as apparently PMs have been ignored and I kept it respectful.

Stashua123, moderators aren't always able to catch everything. I have always assisted in sharing the TOS and suggesting it be followed. I have been here through the good and bad, while doing what I just posted without being contacted by Dane or the other moderators telling me to stop. Until they do, I will continue to post as I have since joining KIC. I feel like a lot of users here don't question when Terpy posts almost exactly what I posted (but in his interpretation) but the moment someone who is careful about what they post, users jump all over them.

Dane has asked all of us in the TOS to remain respectful to each other, yet most look over that aspect. Again, I pointed out an issue for the first time with this user and kept it respectful. And again Stashua123, I respect you for telling me to leave it to the moderators, but again, I'm doing what I've been doing since before you were a member.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Banshee Cam updates for stuff happening today:

Skyflyer arch being painted (right side as viewed)

Drop Tower testing, looked to be e-stop drills judging by speed being raised/lowered while still attached to lift mechanism. Still alot of movement mid afternoon

Work continues on the circle shade/plant/relax area in the middle of Action Zone

Stuff may have happened between about 1640-1720..webcam wasn't capturing on DavidW's website.

Not too much progress today but it was quite windy, biggest thing was Drop Tower, that was cool to see it get up and move

• Like 4

I know I have been fussed at - even banned for a few days - for TOS violations. Fussed at for extreme over-use of emoticons and banned for getting an attitude with people that were getting on my nerves lol. I have since learned to behave myself. Being banned SUCKS!!!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

• Like 8

I see the TOS referenced on this forum more than all of the forums I have ever been on.... combined!

The funny thing is that whenever I actually go to click Terms of Service (TOS), I, in turn, receive a disclaimer, saying "Oops! That page can't be found."

• Like 7

I see the TOS referenced on this forum more than all of the forums I have ever been on.... combined!

The funny thing is that whenever I actually go to click Terms of Service (TOS), I, in turn, receive a disclaimer, saying "Oops! That page can't be found."

The link at the bottom of every page hasn't worked for a long time. The TOS to which we are referring can be found stickied in the "KICentral Footnotes & Small News" section of the forums.

• Like 4

So can't wait to ride Banshee and The Bat. It's going to feel awesome riding The Beast at night!

What on earth just happened to The Bat cam? Something was covering half of it up one minute, and then next it's gone. Weird

Please, don't double post! If no one has replied since you have posted and you want to add a thought, edit your post please! Catching up on this forum specifically as I haven't been on most of the day, 2 pages I scrolled through were mostly multiple posts that jumped topics.

Again, please refer to the TOS. I love your enthusiasm and your thoughts, but please make sure you follow the TOS and forum etiquette.

I know you are trying to help but please leave moderating for the Moderators.
. Umm...irony? Lol Anyways it is cool to see the park coming alive. I am not sure of the weather today but a test run on Banshee has to be fast approaching! Maybe it will be on my birthday! : )

I wonder if the entrance to the que line the mason was working on, in the photo Don posted on Twitter, is going to look like a gothic cemetery gate. Like the one pictured here:

ta9a6yra.jpg

That'd be really cool. Also the tag out fences behind him resemble cemetery fencing too.

• Like 17

I think from several sources from the park it was said that they are waiting for expansion. I think the park was trying to correct a trend at all Cedar Fair parks of poor placement of rides. Such as Son of Beast blocking the way for Action Zone growth and at Cedar Point where Millennium Force and Top Thrill Dragster, although good rides, got rid of many great views and scenic locations at the park. But currently the new outlook is rides like Gatekeeper and Banshee being strategically placed on the midway for increased aesthetics and allows for expansion.

• Like 11

I wonder what they will do with the empty space beyond Vortex and WindSeeker.

Probably sent from my iDevice without Cydia.

Are you talking Action Theater or to the left as you walk the midway to the rides? Because there are Dino's there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is room behind AE(but very varying Terrain) a lot of room behind the Dinos and Action Theater so we have a lot of expansion room About as much expansion room as the current park land usage(364 acres+). At least we are not Cedar Point that while it still has land to grow(very little land) your rides are not strategically placed so you have to remove rides to build another one.

• Like 5

Speaking of expansion, I hope that there is a little midway behind Banshee's Batzel

That inversion is a batwing - not a pretzel knot or a "batzel" - according to the ride's designer & manufacturer.

Nitpicking, perhaps, but the park has asked that we not deliberately use the wrong terminology.

• Like 6