Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

she's testing again!

2mfkvh4.jpg

Image captured from Kings Island's live Banshee webcam which can be found here or here

another random thought: Will the webcam be taken down before Media Day? If not, how cool/creepy would it be to watch people riding? lol. Not that you'd be able to see them, but still... that thought popped in my head of how creepy stalkerish that would be.

We have been watching people on DB since 2009! Why is it creepy now? :ph34r:

I like to buy other people's On Ride Photos. Is that creepy?

• Like 13

she's testing again!

2mfkvh4.jpg

Image captured from Kings Island's live Banshee webcam which can be found here or here

another random thought: Will the webcam be taken down before Media Day? If not, how cool/creepy would it be to watch people riding? lol. Not that you'd be able to see them, but still... that thought popped in my head of how creepy stalkerish that would be.

We have been watching people on DB since 2009! Why is it creepy now? :ph34r:

I like to buy other people's On Ride Photos. Is that creepy?

Yes, yes it is.

• Like 13

^It depends on your definition of creepy and how you use the On Ride Photos. If you simply buy them to get a sense of humor out of the riders' expressions, I'd probably say it's not creepy, rather more on the goofy side of things.

• Like 2

I was not aware of that fact lol but yeah that seems creepy hahaha

Oh, just wait until all the 13-year-old boys start cracking jokes about riding a female coaster come Opening Day.

All of them? I think ohiocolts is a tad more mature than that.... :)

• Like 15

I wish I had the money to buy our own photos. Even just a time or two would be awesome. I have seen a few I would love to have bought due to the faces of the riders.

I wish I could find the pic my brother bought of my nephew. It is priceless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Ok,I'm a bit confused on how the cams work. I know if I see the picture captured at say 7:12 and the train is almost at the top of the lift hill. Then I refresh and the clock says 7:13 and that train is almost onto the brake run. The ride going to be that short?? Confusing me very much.

• Like 1

Ok,I'm a bit confused on how the cams work. I know if I see the picture captured at say 7:12 and the train is almost at the top of the lift hill. Then I refresh and the clock says 7:13 and that train is almost onto the brake run. The ride going to be that short?? Confusing me very much.

If you look at pov videos of Diamondback for example, the actual 'ride time' (top of the lift to break run) is about 1:10 so Banshee clocking in under that isn't surprising.

• Like 2

The total ride time being 2 minutes and 40 seconds includes every part of the ride from the moment the train is in motion leaving the station, to the moment the train returns to the station and comes to a complete stop. That time can and will vary depending on how long each train is stacked on the break run. The "actual" ride time is much short than 2:40 if you take out the the time on the lift hill and the time spent stacked on the break run.

• Like 2

Hi there,

Longtime lurker, first time poster :unsure:

I rediscovered my love for KI a couple of years ago, after being absent from the park for over a decade (Paramount years = unpleasant, IMHO). So I wasn't around for the first season of Diamondback. For those who were, can you speak to the relative reliability, or downtime, for that ride in that first year? I bought gold passes for my nieces for Christmas and we're all very excited to ride Banshee (shocker) but I feel like I should prepare them if it's likely the ride is likely to be non-operational often during the first season.

I hope I posted this in the right thread, and followed all of the rules.

Thanks!

• Like 14

B&M coasters are pretty reliable. Diamondback operated with little problem during its first year. I would expect the same with Banshee. A big problem with Paramount-era rides were a lot of them were prototype rides, thus more suspect to downtime. Banshee is a relatively tried and true design with slight tinkers here and there, shouldn't be much problem.

• Like 11

Hi there,

I rediscovered my love for KI a couple of years ago, after being absent from the park for over a decade (Paramount years = unpleasant, IMHO). So I wasn't around for the first season of Diamondback. For those who were, can you speak to the relative reliability, or downtime, for that ride in that first year? I bought gold passes for my nieces for Christmas and we're all very excited to ride Banshee (shocker) but I feel like I should prepare them if it's likely the ride is likely to be non-operational often during the first season.

Thanks!

Welcome to KIC. I have to agree about the Paramount days.

I have never seen extraordinarily lengthy delays with Diamondback ever. The only times were due to storms in the area, not due to mechanical issues. Others may have experienced issues that I have not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Hi there,

Thanks!

You shouldn't have any problems with Banshee being closed. Banshee isn't a new design or prototype; inverts have long been B&M's strong point. CF specifically chose B&M to design their coasters as of late because of B&M's reliability and safety. That being said, if Banshee were to experience down time (which I really don't see happening save for bad weather) you can sure bet that CF will flip their lid!

• Like 5

My first visit for haunt last year Diamondback seemed to be having a rough day. Every time I tried to get in line she seemed to break down. It wasn't until right before 1am that I was able to get my first ride for that day. It might have just been my luck but who knows. Other then that and the time she was closed for some time due too the footer incident I can't think of any other problems.

• Like 2

Just to give you guys the kind of confidence behind the minds at B&M, when Nemesis opened at Alton Towers, John Wardley, a major concept designer in the industry and the creative mind behind AT's more infamous rides, infamously asked Walter Bolliger up front "What if the ride stalls? How will we get trains back to the station?" and Walter replied "Our coasters never stall. They always work perfectly the first time."

• Like 13

Just to give you guys the kind of confidence behind the minds at B&M, when Nemesis opened at Alton Towers, John Wardley, a major concept designer in the industry and the creative mind behind AT's more infamous rides, infamously asked Walter Bolliger up front "What if the ride stalls? How will we get trains back to the station?" and Walter replied "Our coasters never stall. They always work perfectly the first time."

Wow. Guarantee a victory, Broadway Joe!

• Like 1