Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

Just to give you guys the kind of confidence behind the minds at B&M, when Nemesis opened at Alton Towers, John Wardley, a major concept designer in the industry and the creative mind behind AT's more infamous rides, infamously asked Walter Bolliger up front "What if the ride stalls? How will we get trains back to the station?" and Walter replied "Our coasters never stall. They always work perfectly the first time."

Please have them explain the Raptor stall then.

• Like 7

This is an enthusiast built website correct? If King's Island wants an official forum with rules to follow they should make one.

Anyway I just want media day to be here. All of the going back and forth about capitalization, linking, and legal photos is getting pretty old and I've only been on here maybe two months. But hey, its traffic and new posts right?

You may want Media Day, but you may not enter if you don't follow Kings Island's rules or requests. Remember, they don't have to let anybody but the Media in. They are gracious enough to let card holding coaster enthusiasts into Media Day. Just some something to think about. ;)

• Like 5

I was not aware of that fact lol but yeah that seems creepy hahaha

Oh, just wait until all the 13-year-old boys start cracking jokes about riding a female coaster come Opening Day.

All of them? I think ohiocolts is a tad more mature than that.... :)

Thank you!!!

• Like 9

There's some things I want to say about sucking up to the park like some members are...but will not since this is s family site...so instead I will say Banshee looks gracious in flight and I am super jealous of club members going to media day. I can wait til opening day though, I will get a few rides in! Follow rules and discuss the topic and we will all enjoy the site more (yes I know some rules are dumb).

• Like 5

Raptor is still a great ride after all these years. I have never been through an Immelman before on an inverted coaster. Should be a sight to see and feel.

You will not go through an Immelmann on Banshee.

Banshee has a dive loop. An Immelmann is a dive loop that is traveled in the opposite direction.

The train on Banshee would need to be traveling the opposite direction in order to call this an Immelmann.

Immelmann is an areal maneuver that was created by a WW1 pilot named Max Immelmann.

Had photos ready to go, but apparently that is not an option anymore.

• Like 1

There's some things I want to say about sucking up to the park like some members are...

I am not sucking up to the park. I actually understand why the rule is in place and agree with it. Seriously, is it really THAT big of a deal to be required to press the shift key an extra time or copy and past the link to the source of a photo or video? It amazes me how people have a problem with simple things like that. They just spent 25 million plus more money on a huge new coaster plus other changes like The Bat, and some people can't follow a simple request from the park without complaining about it. Would you rather have the freedom of not capitalizing Trademarks, or Banshee? Not capitalizing Trademarks or Media Day? Seriously...

• Like 3

Just curious.... is there a difference between an Inverted Coaster and an Invert Coaster?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

"Invert" is sort of the informal name used by a lot of the public... err, enthusiasts. The public probably refer to them as "ones that hang under the track"

• Like 10

Just curious.... is there a difference between an Inverted Coaster and an Invert Coaster?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

People want to enforce the proper usage of certain things but not others.

So I just pointed it out, that B&M calls Banshee an "Inverted Coaster", and calls Leviathan a "Hyper Coaster". B&M does not produce Giga Coasters.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com/

Click the "Roller Coasters" link on their website.

• Like 6

There's some things I want to say about sucking up to the park like some members are...

I am not sucking up to the park. I actually understand why the rule is in place and agree with it. Seriously, is it really THAT big of a deal to be required to press the shift key an extra time or copy and past the link to the source of a photo or video? It amazes me how people have a problem with simple things like that. They just spent 25 million plus more money on a huge new coaster plus other changes like The Bat, and some people can't follow a simple request from the park without complaining about it. Would you rather have the freedom of not capitalizing Trademarks, or Banshee? Not capitalizing Trademarks or Media Day? Seriously...
Absolutely none of that is what I was referring to...

A lot of manufacturers have unique names for their coaster elements, just like their coaster types. For example:

Vekoma calls their (full circuit) Inverts "Suspended Looping Coasters".

B&M also calls their Corkscrews "Flat Spins".

Technically, a Batwing consists of a Reverse Side winder followed by a Sidewinder. The "Batwing" on Banshee is not a true Batwing (in my opinion) because its a Batwing is actually a Reverse Sidewinder into an Immelmann. But it is accepted as a Batwing because B&M and KI are calling that, which is perfectly ok because its so close to an actual Batwing. (I call it a Batwing as well since it's unique and there's not an official enthusiast name for it). Also, Arrow Dynamics called their Batwings "Boomerangs" (although their first ever they called it a "Kamikaze Curve").

Although, everyone calling it a Pretzel Knot are also correct. A Pretzel Knot is an enlarged version of the Batwing. So technically, the Batwing on Banshee is actually a Pretzel Knot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roller_coaster_elements#Pretzel_knot

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roller_coaster_elements#Batwing

http://vekoma.com/index.php/experience-thrill-coasters/suspended-looping-coaster

Note: Element names are not completely agreed upon by all enthusiasts, so if you don't agree with that definition that is fine.

• Like 2