Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

Who asked about pouring concrete for the queue lines? It sure as heck looks like they did. There is (what looks like) a lot of freshly poured concrete back there, and it looks like that will be quite a large queue line area :) I hope they tarp it like they have with most other queue lines so we aren't standing out in the sun baking!

fa9bn4.jpg

Image captured from Kings Island's live Banshee webcam, which can be viewed here or here

• Like 7

Now I know what I want to be when I grow up.

Expect long hours and low low pay. But the perks do add up. I got to go to many OSU sporting events, hang on the field during football games, see the Destroyers and Blue Jackets. When I was in NY, I got to meet some very interesting people and had almost set up an event to attempt to break a roller coaster record as a radio publicity event. The last one fell through due to management at the radio station not wanting to take on the liability. (A few may remember when I was on here and wanted to do something similar to a ride at KI, but the radio bosses didnt enjoy the idea of me traveling to OHIO, so I picked a NY park that paid advertising with us).

I wouldn't pursue that career because media days allows some reporters to ride first.

The chances of being those reporters are slim, being on a news station that is covering a ride that you would even like to cover is slim, and being that particular reporter to ride is again... slim.

Depends on what station etc. If you get in at a smaller station and can swing the bosses to send you (think Zanesville) then its possible.

To be a reporter, some say go to college and some say you dont need it. What you need to do is to be able to do field work, look good, speak well, and write a concise story.

• Like 4

Here is what I have to say about the max height.

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo !

Darn caps lock.

(If you get that sentence, you deserve some sort of prize that you will never get, so take a breath of air and consider that your own prize that you gave yourself instead)

I'm interested in what we will see under the tent now, yet, I have heard that we cannot camp at that region?

• Like 7

Here is what I have to say about the max height.

Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo !

(If you get that sentence, you deserve some sort of prize that you will never get, so take a breath of air and consider that your own prize that you gave yourself instead)

I'm interested in what we will see under the tent now, yet, I have heard that we cannot camp at that region?

yeah I don't get that at all but it was funny to read. I'd love an explanation of it, as my fiancé was highly entertained because he loves buffalos.

Just picture Rob Alvey "WHEEEEE!!" -ing and "Batzeling!!!" and other Media Representatives enjoying the front while the peasants are sent one row back. :D

I feel like he's going to invent some horrible screaming sound and do it repeatedly on the ride, and call it "Bansheeing".

Aside from, of course, the Banshee-like qualities of his voice that he has already demonstrated in his videos.

I have a sock and some duct tape to take care of that. Lol

• Like 7

Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo !

Please capitalize the third and seventh Buffalo, as they refer to the city.

I'm glad you know what's going on here. I still have no clue what that's about :P

Edit: Wikipedia sheds some light on the confusion: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_buffalo_Buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_Buffalo_buffalo

• Like 5