Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

Hey, look just behind Slingshot. It looks like a concrete slab was made that goes from Delirium all the way over behind the fence. Could this be an observation area? or maybe a queue overflow? or walk through graveyard? or what?

• Like 4

From Kings Island Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/visitkingsisland

In this photo, a train plummets down the 150-foot curved first drop of the new record-breaking Banshee roller coaster during a test run. The world's longest inverted steel roller coaster at 4,124 feet makes its highly-anticipated public debut April 18 when Kings Island opens for the 2014 season.

BxHqQfB.jpg

• Like 22

Am i seeing things or have the removed a section of railing on The Bat!?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes. I think before the removed it, The rail was rusted.

Boooooooo for rusty rails!

• Like 3

I'm telling you...after riding the B&M coasters that Universal has to offer over and again this week, Banshee is going to be a world beater. I cannot wait to ride it, though, since I have to slouch to ride RipRide Rocket, the 78" height limit may make my posture poor.

• Like 2

Im hoping it can beat out my current favorite invert, Montu!! The one thing that Banshee doesnt have that Montu does is Montu spends darn near half of the ride close to or underground, which for me heightens the sense of speed. The one thing that Banshee has Montu doesnt is size and speed. The both have an incredible theme!

• Like 2

^^Pretty often, when Corkscrew got repainted and during off season NDT, a few whole supports were replace/welded/sand blasted. brake run even got some new platforming..bright new and shiny with a fresh coat of paint.

Older steel coasters show their age..Like Maggie my year had alot of rail work done on the final hills, pulled the whole rail off of the cross ties .

• Like 7

I wanna become a PR just like Don Helbig! :)

Hoping one day you do bud! Will you allow fans to take legal photos from outside the park and not make an unnecessary uproar on fansites?

Did he do this with Diamondback?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

This might be better suited under the "People say the darnest things Outside the Park" thread, but since it relates to Banshee... I just showed my son the Banshee cam and he said that they had trashed the place. I said how is that, he said look at all that mess and trash on the ground and then I realized he saw all the vehicles and other big things that looked little on the cam on the ground in the path ways and thought they were just throwing stuff on the ground and making it all messy. I then told him those were trucks and workers tools and some of the landscape boxes that he was seeing, and that the camera was up on the ET, and everything on the ground looked really small. I assured him they would have it all cleaned up before the park opened. His response was OK they better. HA!

I guess CF has done an excellent job to set the standards high for him on how he remembers the park being clean and clear of mess and trash! :)

• Like 14

I wanna become a PR just like Don Helbig! :)

Hoping one day you do bud! Will you allow fans to take legal photos from outside the park and not make an unnecessary uproar on fansites?

There are no issues whatsoever with taking photos and videos of the ride testing from off-property locations. Soon the passenger pickup area will open up for you to take photos and videos of the ride testing once the work that is being done with the marquee has been completed and the trucks and cranes are gone. We'll let you know what that opportunity becomes available.

We have asked that unauthorized photos and videos of the ride testing not be embedded on the site at this time.

In the interim, we have shared photos of the ride testing on our social media platforms for you to enjoy.

• Like 32

Good afternoon Don, I totally understand and respect your request. I am just happy that you have the time to share pics and talk with us at all. I am sure you are a pretty busy guy...especially with just such a short time till opening day.

Wow, I just noticed the fog around Banshee looking at the webcam right now.....this would be a real cool time to take a ride on it......with all that fog...cool effect. Don any chance you could go take a quick ride on her with the fog so thick and give us a review?

• Like 9

Where is the orange track been removed? Also, are there ANY inverted coasters that DONT have a curved first drop? I like straight drops myself....but it seems like all the inverts don't go that way...must be a reason.

Raptor's drop is somewhat straight, at least after the 90 degree left turn.

Edit: Also, it appears that Jubilee Odyssey, a Vekoma SLC in the U.K., also has a semi-straight drop. But Semi-straight is about as close as you're going to get with and invert.

• Like 2