Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

I believe the trim brake will be mechanical. I don't know of any B&M that uses eddy current trim brakes. Plus for what I understand Magnetic brakes really don't have any control, the only thing they can do is put them in close contact slowing the train or away from the train not pulling it. To control it that precisely idk..I see an easier way to do it by adjusting the pressure a mechanical trim brake exerts on the train, say for instance Maggie. The only time I have ever seen eddy current trims are on some Intamins such as Maverick or Ka where the brakes are fixed and have to slow the train down constantly.

^I believe Leviathan at Canada's Wonderland uses magnetic trims.

Edit: Furthermore, to get more precise control, they could operate the magnetic brakes the same way as mechanical ones by compressing the magnets closer to the fins on the train without making actual contact with the fin. I believe the brakes right after the splashdown on The Backlot Stunt Coaster are a similar concept, however, I don't know if B&M has ever toyed with this and I'm not sure if the physics behind eddy currents would even allow this.

Edited by DaveWorldEmperor

It is interesting to note that the only landscaping we can see around the course are next to the queue and at the bottom of the first drop next to a nice concrete pad that is thought to be off-limits to the general public. Wonder why they would put some nice trees in a mulch bed sandwiched between a privacy fence and a high-speed part of the course.

What are speed rails?

Speed-Rail is a specific brand of queue line handrails. It's created by Hollaender and the majority of Kings Island's queue lines are Speed-Rail. Next time you're at the park, just check the joints that connect the long pieces - it has the Speed-Rail name engraved on it.

• Like 8

What are speed rails?

I'm wondering if that's what I refer to as switch backs.

Meaning the things that close or open different parts of the queue?

You would be correct, as seen here.

http://www.hollaender.com/?page=speedrail

Also, Speed-Rail is a registered trademark of Hollaender, and as such should be capitalized and spelled with a hyphen. Though since you didn't know the term, this is more of a "for future reference" post.

As an added easter egg, if you go to Hollaender's web page http://www.hollaender.com/ on a flash-enabled device, you may see something familiar in the site's header.

Looking at the site, I really like the look of the black rails. I would love to see some of those at Kings Island. Wink wink, nudge nudge.

EDIT: ^What he said. Plus, everything I said that he didn't.

• Like 6

My father always called those rails cattle corrals, therefore I have called them cattle corrals my entire life. Weird, I know.

Looking at the site, I really like the look of the black rails. I would love to see some of those at Kings Island. Wink wink, nudge nudge.

Agreed! The black ones would look excellent in the Banshee queue. However, I imagine they would get incredibly hot.

• Like 7

^ I'm just curious how we know it is from KI and not KD since KD has an Eiffel Tower as well :P *note I have never been to KD so I don't know if you could get that kind of photo from KD)

• Like 4

OH WOW new theming all across the side of Banshee! Plus the tarp is over the pillars!

I wish you had gotten a screen shot of that. I just got off work and now have to wait til morning to see all that because it's dark :(

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Agreed! The black ones would look excellent in the Banshee queue. However, I imagine they would get incredibly hot.

If they got incredibly hot, that would probably discourage people from sitting on the railings. And in turn that would save Ride Ops some time for not having to tell people to get off of them.

An excellent way, in my opinion, to use my 100th post on this wonderful site.

• Like 15