Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

OK I just looked at the time lapse captures and I do not see any tarps like BB1 mentioned. Can someone help me out here? Am I missing it??

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Gah, Davidw's site has stopped caching webcam pics. I usually don't get home till after dark, so I've been using it as a way to keep up. Anyone else caching them out there?

Shameles plug time :D

http://Vortex.beansisland.com/pics/KI/Banshee

Thanks!

On a somewhat related note, has anyone seen the coaster valleyed at any point on any of the webcam shots? I'd assume that, at some point, they'd want to test the procedures for evacuating a valleyed train and then getting it unvalleyed. Just wondered if they actually have done it.

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but on the topic of Banshee being valley'd... since this coaster has no mid course brake run, and since there is always a nonzero risk of it becoming valley'd... will standard procedure be that two trains will never be allowed onto the circuit at the same time, even if the brake run before the station is open?

• Like 1

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but on the topic of Banshee being valley'd... since this coaster has no mid course brake run, and since there is always a nonzero risk of it becoming valley'd... will standard procedure be that two trains will never be allowed onto the circuit at the same time, even if the brake run before the station is open?

Absolutely. A train will not be allowed to crest the lift hill unless The previous train has passed the next set of brakes.

There will be space before the station for two trains. Imagine the first of these as acting as the MCBR.

• Like 5

Absolutely. A train will not be allowed to crest the lift hill unless The previous train has passed the next set of brakes.

There will be space before the station for two trains. Imagine the first of these as acting as the MCBR.

Thanks - that makes sense and that is how I expected it to run. I just wanted a sanity check :)

• Like 1

^ you got me :lol: though today there does appear to be a lot more landscaping near the station as well as a tarp over the little planter shelter thingy area in the middle of AZ so it's more like you kinda predicted the future :P proof that I'm gullible hahaha

Edit to avoid double posting:

she's testing again, even on this gloomy day :)

244qhow.jpg

Image captured from Kings Island's live Banshee cam, which can be found here

• Like 11

I haven't posted anything since speculation of Banshee, but I'm back! And I want to say Action Zone is looking better than ever and I cant wait until Kings Island opens there gates for the 2014 season!! Banshee is going to be a great ride and ill be there waiting for it! :) And what exactly is beneath the tarp?

• Like 7

I'll be curious as to when the ride will be dispatched and control's view of the ride. I anticipate a few cameras through the ride, I'm not sure that back half will be visible but we shall see.

But yes as some people put it will dispatch at the earliest time safely possible that allows the train to hit the B set proxies about 2/3 or so up the lift by the time the previous train is cleared the end of the safety brake on the brake run (first brake post ride)

Also I don't expect them to purposely valley a coaster, that's the last thing. However they will practice evacing a coaster, especially on the lift using the evac mechanism at the base of the lift hill and probably other points on the ride (brake run, etc.)

• Like 1

I'll be curious as to when the ride will be dispatched and control's view of the ride. I anticipate a few cameras through the ride, I'm not sure that back half will be visible but we shall see.

But yes as some people put it will dispatch at the earliest time safely possible that allows the train to hit the B set proxies about 2/3 or so up the lift by the time the previous train is cleared the end of the safety brake on the brake run (first brake post ride)

Also I don't expect them to purposely valley a coaster, that's the last thing. However they will practice evacing a coaster, especially on the lift using the evac mechanism at the base of the lift hill and probably other points on the ride (brake run, etc.)

I thought that we decided we were going to refer to them as the driver. :D:P

• Like 2

First...you're not driving anything..you're controlling something though, I never understood why calling it a drive box, or driver, it's just..stupid IMO..

The brake run isn't really that long...there are much longer ones :P

Here's how I see the blocking done.

Station is it's own block as per usual.

End of station (dispatch side) going to 2/3rd up the lift hill will be the A Block

From 2/3rds up the lift to the safety brake (first full stop set of brakes on the brake run) makes B Block

From she safety brake through the ready brake (holding brake right before the station, pre dispatch side) is the last block

However in the last block you have I would guess a trim brake between the safety and the transfer entrance brake to trim the train normally, or close to prevent a train from passing into the transfer entrance if a train is occupying that brake

There also is the ready brake pre station to stop a train from entering the station if a train is present, and to slow down the train before entering and stopping inside of the station.

B&C overlap at the safety brake, they could have separation however, it wouldn't matter, each brake on the block will stop a train if needed to prevent it from advancing into the next brake, or stay closed to prevent any movement past it. If not being used for this purpose they may set them to trim the train.

So in essence:

In A the train can be stopped before, or anywhere on the lift hill.

In B the train can be stopped at lift crest or right at the end of the brake run at the safety brake

In C the train can be stopped anywhere from the safety brake to the ready brake. Brakes in between to be used to trim or stop the train if needed, and prepare a train to transfer on/off the track.

Until I actually see a full picture or diagram of the brake run I can't say for certain.

• Like 3

^I read a post somewhere on KIC that mentioned the same setup on Beast will most likely be used on Banshee, with the extra-long break run acting as MCBR.

The Beast's brake run is as long as it is because the ride was built to run four trains. I don't know if it ever opened with four trains, but at very least I believe that it ran with four at some point while it was testing. While The Beast lacks an MCBR, it has its second lift which can be used to serve the same purpose.

• Like 3

^I read a post somewhere on KIC that mentioned the same setup on Beast will most likely be used on Banshee, with the extra-long break run acting as MCBR.

The Beast's brake run is as long as it is because the ride was built to run four trains. I don't know if it ever opened with four trains, but at very least I believe that it ran with four at some point while it was testing. While The Beast lacks an MCBR, it has its second lift which can be used to serve the same purpose.

I believe the brake shed between the "airtime" hill and the second tunnel used to be a set of block brakes. Of course, they're just trims now.

• Like 1