Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

Something that hasn't had a lot of mention is the new trains. I wonder if these restraints will be more forgiving for larger riders than other B&M inverts. I know many folks who are not overweight but have large shoulders or chest who have struggled with standard B&M inverts. Wondering how the vest system will compare.

• Like 2

With Gatekeeper, its how well your butt fits in the seat and how far the lap restraint comes down on your thighs for the belt to buckle. The vest is very comfy after they released the locking/tightening mechanism. Im 6'4" with broad shoulders and never had issues on Gatekeeper, however, Raptor can be very snug at times because of my shoulders.

• Like 4

^I read a post somewhere on KIC that mentioned the same setup on Beast will most likely be used on Banshee, with the extra-long break run acting as MCBR.

The Beast's brake run is as long as it is because the ride was built to run four trains. I don't know if it ever opened with four trains, but at very least I believe that it ran with four at some point while it was testing. While The Beast lacks an MCBR, it has its second lift which can be used to serve the same purpose.

The Beast's brake run is as long as it is because of the original skid brakes, which required a longer section of track to bring the trains to a complete stop than the magnetic brakes that are on the ride today. That's also the reason the brake shed before the second tunnel is as long as it is. As far as your reason, that could possibly be true as well, I don't know.

With the final brake run only being able to hold two trains and The Beast already having a tendency to stack when people want to not clear out of the station quickly or large people attempting to cram themselves in when they know they won't fit, to me it seems adding a fourth train would only cause problems.

The way this is worded seems to imply that you think all large people who are forced to take a Walk of Shame on The Beast know that they won't fit. This is hardly the case. There is no test seat for The Beast, so there's no way for many larger people to know until they try in the actual train. On behalf of large people everywhere, let me apologize for ruining optimum ride capacity.

Based on your history of previous posts, I believe that this was not your intention, but was just improperly worded.

-Gator, who is a "large person" but has never had a Walk of Shame on The Beast

• Like 10

I certainly didn't mean it that way and am sorry it came across that way. What I meant is they find out they don't fit, are told such, yet insist on having two ride ops jump up and down on the lap bar hoping to get that one extra click lol. If you fit you are not ruining optimum ride capacity. It's those who DO NOT fit and yet insist the ride ops attempt to stuff them in anyways for 5 minutes before doing the walk of shame that ruin it lol.

The Earth is the proper name of a planet, and thus should always be capitalized.

• Like 3

I've been on a full stop and a stop on the second lift hill. I'll go into the details I see later on improvement..it really goes down to sending a train at proper interval..

I can talk about it because I see the crew and I see how it's run. It's nothing special..I watch the crews cycle and run more than anything because I enjoy it..

• Like 1

I understand you have been a ride operator in the past and what not but DO NOT talk about a crew that works hard every single day in order to keep the ride capacity up. IF you have worked Beast, then maybe I would consider this a valid point. But you haven't… So you have no idea what your talking about. Not trying to come across as rude or anything, but I just figured a former operator would know and appreciate the work that these kids go through...

If a 4th train were to be added the possibility of a train setting up on Lift 2 is VERY high. If you worked at Beast you would know that the Lift 2 motor is a bit weak and could potentially cause a fault if it were to set up. Thus defeating the entire purpose of having a 4th train. Its not a major fault, but it requires time to re-set.

Not knocking you down or anything, just sharing my knowledge here. Kings Island has fantastic crews of ride operators that work very hard to keep capacity up at the highest level possible. They know what they are doing.

1. Just because you don't work a ride doesn't mean you can't tell how a ride blocking system works..There are so many little processes I see on plat that could free up time, some even just a few small seconds, but that adds up over an hour hindering your capacity.

2. I do see the crew busting ass..at times..Thats my largest problem is inconsistency. Some days or cycles I'll see them dispatch perfectly, other times, stack trains on brake run and lift gets held up (we were there closing day for about two minutes while the block setup)

3. I appreciate the work they do, I did just the same thing as you practically, I know the long grueling hours out in humidity with stupid guests, I've been there and done that. However, again, I'm all about efficiency and process improvement, and consistency, I don't see that at times. If I see an area to improve that isn't utilized, it's upsetting. For instance the five-ten seconds from station clear, to all clear, to actual release of the dispatch brakes, thats a few seconds earlier that train could be clear the station and let the next train bump up a few seconds earlier.

Also, I'm surprised you take the side of the park on every matter lately. Last I checked, you were the one who told people to head to the park and look at things after hours leading to someone trespassing and putting this site and it's members in between a rock and a hard place. I also believe you faced some disciplinary issues as well.

• Like 7

The tarps are great, unless its brutally humid out. I was at Cedar Point last year it was a steamer. As soon as the sun went down I thought it would cool off, nope, not one bit. Then as we were standing in line for MF the tarps were keeping all of the humidity under them and it was like a sauna. Again, not complaining just stating the obvious.

• Like 1

With Gatekeeper, its how well your butt fits in the seat and how far the lap restraint comes down on your thighs for the belt to buckle. The vest is very comfy after they released the locking/tightening mechanism. Im 6'4" with broad shoulders and never had issues on Gatekeeper, however, Raptor can be very snug at times because of my shoulders.

This is what I was curious about. I haven't experienced the new B&M vest system so I was unsure of what to expect. Some inverts kill my shoulders so I was hoping this one to be much more comfortable. A cross between the Diamondback seat and Firehawk vest is what I am hoping for.

• Like 2

^^Nice bit of sarcasm..

But when you spend 80 hours a week on several rides through the whole park you tend to learn alot, especially if you're an enthusiast like me..

Again blocking systems aren't hard at all..literally at all. Each block has a point a train can be safely stopped at the beginning and end, simple as that. Look at the ride, it'll tell you right there where they all are.

hey, this is new... *points to tent frame structure outlined by neon green circle* what do we suppose that is? I'm going with the classic guess of a locker area.... though it seems small... or one of those cool misting tents... or one of those age weight birth month games, though it seems too close to the one in Oktoberfest.

23jg3d4.jpg

Image captured from Kings Island's live Banshee webcam, found here

• Like 7

I can't make out what the metal arch above the entrance ---

What you said ^^

I can't make it out.

---

There also appears to be a huge stone-like pillar the the left of the entrance of the first loop, and to the right of the queue entrance walkway, beyond the queue entrance arch..

I can't be more specific.

No one answered my question as to what that thing next to On Location is going to be or guesses as to what it will be....

Also, I must say this ride is going to look absolutely incredible!!!! The amount of work that has gone into this to make it stand out big time is just stunning. It looks amazing and it's not even done yet!!

• Like 1

I think they could have done a better job for providing shade, i think nature shade from some trees would have looked much Better in the que line for the theme of Banshee, in my opinion.