Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

Ok it's official (IMO)...I haven't even ridden Banshee yet and already I'm saying it's the best ride in the park. The ride itself is spectacular, but the theming to go with it is phenomenal. Kings Island, I think you just hit a grand slam with this project.

• Like 9

I can't make out what the metal arch above the entrance ---

What you said ^^

I can't make it out.

---

There also appears to be a huge stone-like pillar the the left of the entrance of the first loop, and to the right of the queue entrance walkway, beyond the queue entrance arch..

I can't be more specific.

For the pillar you are talking about thats behind the queue entrance arch, Don did say that the on-ride photo camera was going between the Dive Loop and the loop surrounding the lift hill. I wonder if this pillar will house the camera. Also, i wonder if they will have to use two cameras as they do on other inverts.

• Like 2

^^Im with ya on that one! Im going to go ride Goliath at some point during the summer. It looks like a great ride, but far to short. Banshee is BY FAR the best looking new ride of 2014. It has everything you could ever want in an invert, speed, size, giant loop that seem like they pull incredible Gs, and an unbelievable theme!

• Like 3

I whole heartedly believe that Banshee will win The Golden Ticket Award for "Best New Attraction." Sorry SFGAm fans, but Goliath doesn't have a chance against Banshee IMO.

If they manage to do half of what they say they're going to do inside Gringott's Wizarding Bank, then Universal's upcoming Escape From Gringott's dark ride is poised to take top honor this year like Forbidden Journey did in 2010.

• Like 5

I think it won't be too much of an issue as long as there isn't one on each side of the track, because one will point away from the queues and the rest of Action Zone and the other one would point directly at the entrance and Action Zone.

• Like 1

Rides like Flight of the Demons, Medusa, and even Helix are reasonable competitors for Banshee. Goliath is simply the biggest competitor because it, along with Banshee, breaks world records. I do however think Banshee will almost definitely win best new ride this year.

• Like 3

I know Goliath is not Banshee's only competition. 2014 is a great year for coasters all around the world. I also realize what RMC can do. They can deliver a spectacular ride (Outlaw Run, Iron Rattler, New Texas Giant, Steel Medusa, Goliath). But IMO, Banshee is a front runner.

Doe Universal even medal in such things as the Golden Ticket Awards?

Edit: My point is I don't think Universal really cares about them. Truly the GTA's mean nothing. Millennium Force hasn't been the best steel coaster in 10 years. And Cedar Point isn't the best park. Money talks.

• Like 5

:o *picks jaw up off floor* ok that coaster just looks like a world of hurt.... I'll stick to watching the YouTube video of it... It looks awesome but my experience with giant wooden coasters has always been pain. I'll stick to The Beast.

Edit:
Ok yeah Goliath is the one I was thinking of with the zero G roll

ce8857ae70c9f330b5609ee50b43e153.jpg

Image found here