Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

Where is El Toro? What is an RMC, and what is the giant woodie in the back of the park at CP? I didn't ride it and was warned not to because it's rough.

Sorry for so many questions :)

The Earth is the proper name of a planet, and thus should always be capitalized.

Where is El Toro? What is an RMC, and what is the giant woodie in the back of the park at CP? I didn't ride it and was warned not to because it's rough.

Sorry for so many questions :)

The Earth is the proper name of a planet, and thus should always be capitalized.

1. Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson, NJ

2. Rocky Mountain Construction, makers of the New Texas Giant, Outlaw Run, Etc.

3. Mean Streak. And it has been improved recently. It's really not very rough at all anymore as long as you choose an odd-numbered row.

• Like 4

I enjoyed my three night runs on Gatekeeper last fall. Its not a white knuckler...but few are. But man was it enjoyable. Probably my second favorite at the park aside from Maverick. Raptor would be...but man that lift and ending brake run kills all enjoyment.

• Like 4

It doesn't even look as good as Outlaw Run and I rode Outlaw Run last year. Goliath looks like it would hurt a lot.

How can you tell that a coaster is going to be rough based on an animated picture? The only thing you have to go off of is the manufacture. And to that I would say that RMC and RCCA could not be on more opposite ends of the scale.

• Like 2

First post...long-time stalker.

Speaking of the Golden Ticket Awards, where do you predict Banshee will land in the 2014 top 50 steel, compared to other inverts? The 2013 GT Awards had:

#18 - Montu

#20 - Nemesis

#25 - Alpengeist

#30 - Raptor

#34 - Black Mamba

#35 - Afterburn

#39 - Volcano, The Blast Coaster

BTW, I'm not a huge fan of the GT awards. I think they are skewed in their awards, but they are the staple in the amusement industry.

• Like 7

Looking at stats alone, I think it has a shot at topping Montu (faster, taller, larger elements). My only concern is the whole debate of recent-model B&M's being "forceless" compared to older B&M's. To me it'll be all about the pacing and how it goes through those huge elements. There's potential for it to float through the elements, due to their size. If it feels out of control despite its hugeness...best invert in the world. Can't wait to compare it!

If Banshee is anything like Montu we are in for a treat!

I love Montu!

Also, you guys are talking coasters for best new ride... I think Falcon's Fury (Busch Gardens Tampa) might be a contender for this title.

As much as I dislike Intamin, I have to say that I am as excited about FF as much as Banshee.

• Like 6

^^you mean the one security guard who takes down the yellow rope in the morning? Good luck is all I have to say to whoever attempts it!

Get there for ERT and there shouldnt be nearly as many bulls running for it as there will be at park open.

• Like 2

First post...long-time stalker.

Speaking of the Golden Ticket Awards, where do you predict Banshee will land in the 2014 top 50 steel, compared to other inverts? The 2013 GT Awards had:

#18 - Montu

#20 - Nemesis

#25 - Alpengeist

#30 - Raptor

#34 - Black Mamba

#35 - Afterburn

#39 - Volcano, The Blast Coaster

BTW, I'm not a huge fan of the GT awards. I think they are skewed in their awards, but they are the staple in the amusement industry.

I'm sure it will beat out Raptor. Raptor is fun, but Banshee just looks more fun.

El Toro is at Six Flags Great Adventure. RMC is Rocky Mountain Coaster Company. And the giant woodie at Cedar Point is Mean Streak. RMC brought us Iron Rattler,Outlaw Run, and New Texas Giant. They are also the ones who constructed El Toro.

El Toro is an Intamin Pre-fab woodie like Colossos at Heide Park

And I agree but most enthusiasts wont agree with us. My point was this is the GTA's we're talking about. To say Goliath doesn't stand a chance is pretty naive.

Banshee has a shot at the GTA Awards, but there is some stuff that needs to be pointed out...

-RMC (builders of Goliath) have, so far, kicked butt and taken names with every ride they have built. New Texas Giant, Iron Rattler, and Outlaw Run have all opened to rave reviews and done very well in both the GTA's and Mitch Hawker coaster polls. They will beat tough to beat.

-And the GTA's tend to perfer wood versus steel for their "best new ride" voting. Prowler at Worlds of Fun, for example, crushed the much-hyped Diamondback in 2009 and Diamondback was getting rave reviews.

-The Gringott's Bank Coaster, if well themed (which it should be), will also be hard to beat simply since Universal Studios is such a strong park in the GTA's for Harry Potter stuff. They beat Intimidator 305 & Intimidator for best new ride in 2010, if you guys recall, and those are huge giga & hyper coasters.

-Inverted coasters tend to not do THAT great in the GTA's...the Top 10 steel coasters usually consist of big, smooth hyper and giga coasters with few sharp transitions, and nothing in the Top 10 recently has had inversions. Texas Giant (steel/wood hybrid), Magnum XL200 (old and a bit jerky), and TTD (rocket coaster) seem to be the exceptions and they don't have inversions either.

-The coasters mentioned in Europe, however, have little shot- European coasters rarely get many votes in the GTA's because it's an American-based and biased poll. So Helix and the like are kinda ALREADY screwed.

And I could care less if Banshee wins a GTA ticket or not- I'd honestly rather see how it fares in the less-biased and more enthusiast based Mitch Hawker poll, TBH, where Inverts if done right can do awesome- Katun, a Invert in Europe, ranked 9th and Montu is as high as 17th out of 365 coasters. A top 30 showing for Banshee, which is very possible, if kind of what I expect so far. And even then I don't care too much because I already know there are some cases where I disagree with "the masses" and even the results of that poll...

• Like 6