Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

First...you're not driving anything..you're controlling something though, I never understood why calling it a drive box, or driver, it's just..stupid IMO..

Think what you want, but they're identified as drivers at Kings Island.

:o *picks jaw up off floor* ok that coaster just looks like a world of hurt.... I'll stick to watching the YouTube video of it... It looks awesome but my experience with giant wooden coasters has always been pain. I'll stick to The Beast.

As others have echoed, Rocky Mountain Construction makes world-class, smooth wooden roller coasters. Don't let past experiences on monstrosities like Son of Beast negatively affect your opinion on newer coasters like Goliath.

3. Mean Streak. And it has been improved recently. It's really not very rough at all anymore as long as you choose an odd-numbered row.

It may not be rough anymore, but it's still not exciting or noteworthy - in my opinion, Mean Streak is a massive snooze. I am crossing my fingers and hoping RMC will step in within the next few years and refurbish it.

• Like 8

Great information, but how much less could you in fact care?

If you are/were talking to me...ehh...a bit. I've learned the only real reason to really look at polls like this would be out of curiosity, to see where you agree/disagree with the majority, and to perhaps see what coasters & parks to try next (as I have only been to 3 parks so far- Indiana Beach in 1999, Kings Island, and Holiday World I still have LOTS of coasters to ride even the USA alone) though there are other factors (how a ride looks like it runs, how the park is run, distance & location of said ride, etc etc).

• Like 1

El Toro is at Six Flags Great Adventure. RMC is Rocky Mountain Coaster Company. And the giant woodie at Cedar Point is Mean Streak. RMC brought us Iron Rattler,Outlaw Run, and New Texas Giant. They are also the ones who constructed El Toro.

El Toro is an Intamin Pre-fab woodie like Colossos at Heide Park

I was thinking it was a Intamin as well, and not RMC. I have never ridden it, but hear it is a great one. Unreal had me doubting my knowledge of this coaster. Plus, I doubt RMC wants to be associated with an Intamin coaster.

Sure enough, Intamin Prefab... http://rcdb.com/3183.htm

• Like 5

El Toro is at Six Flags Great Adventure. RMC is Rocky Mountain Coaster Company. And the giant woodie at Cedar Point is Mean Streak. RMC brought us Iron Rattler,Outlaw Run, and New Texas Giant. They are also the ones who constructed El Toro.

I was thinking it was a Intamin as well, and not RMC. I have never ridden it, but hear it is a great one. Unreal had me doubting my knowledge of this coaster. Plus, I doubt RMC wants to be associated with an Intamin coaster.

RMC did work with the actual construction of El Toro, however, from what I have heard at least. (Quickly checks their web site) Yeah, why would a picture of El Toro show up on their page if they had NOTHING to do with it... :P

Here is their wikipedia page which has a full list of everything RMC has done so far:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocky_Mountain_Construction

I'm starting to think Delirium is gonna get a new entrance heading toward Banshee instead of into a congested area of tables and groups deciding if they want to ride Delirium.

Hmmm..

7376fe97b343017cd8fe5e2db87c39f7.png

Are you thinking of that area right off to the right of Delirium? (From the Camera) cause If so, I'd believe you. it doesn't look fenced off.

• Like 1

going back to the Banshee restraints, if i could squeeze on Diamondback would i be fine on Banshee or any wingrider? ive never been on a wingrider so i dont know what area of the body the restraint focuses on...

Hard to say. The restraints are totally different. Keep in mind, however, that Banshee will have a longer seat belt (allowing for larger riders) in row 4. On Gatekeeper, it's a difference of about an inch. I'd say that if you fit on other Inverts, Banshee seems like it will actually be a bit more accommodating than many other inverts. But this is totally speculation.

• Like 5

And I said constructed. I never said they designed it.

• Like 1

going back to the Banshee restraints, if i could squeeze on Diamondback would i be fine on Banshee or any wingrider? ive never been on a wingrider so i dont know what area of the body the restraint focuses on...

Hard to say. The restraints are totally different. Keep in mind, however, that Banshee will have a longer seat belt (allowing for larger riders) in row 4. On Gatekeeper, it's a difference of about an inch. I'd say that if you fit on other Inverts, Banshee seems like it will actually be a bit more accommodating than many other inverts. But this is totally speculation.

im aware of the fourth row having longer seat belts. im generally asking whoever has ridden a wingrider, where on the body, (chest, stomach, or thighs) does the restraints focus on to get a slight idea of how Banshee will be like since her restraints are similar to wingriders.

Personally, I would not mind somewhat chilly temperatures and perhaps a light drizzle somewhere in the day as it would help keep the crowds away that day- though Banshee would still have a long line regardless as it is brand-new.

If it is warm and sunny all day, it's going to be VERY crowded...as past opening days have been under good conditions. Then again, it is a Friday, not a Saturday...so I really cannot be sure on crowds.

• Like 1

Personally, I would not mind somewhat chilly temperatures and perhaps a light drizzle somewhere in the day as it would help keep the crowds away that day- though Banshee would still have a long line regardless as it is brand-new.

If it is warm and sunny all day, it's going to be VERY crowded...as past opening days have been under good conditions. Then again, it is a Friday, not a Saturday...so I really cannot be sure on crowds.

I agree opening day in 2012 was rainy and cold. Although it was quite annoying I did not complain. Most of the lines were under 30 minutes! During the last hour most of the rides were walk ons! That opening day has been my favorite so far.
  • Like 1

I agree opening day in 2012 was rainy and cold. Although it was quite annoying I did not complain. Most of the lines were under 30 minutes! During the last hour most of the rides were walk ons! That opening day has been my favorite so far.

Well then, you will like this video (from the always-awesome Coasterbob62)...

:P

• Like 1

Well then, you will like this video (from the always-awesome Coasterbob62)...

:P

Oh trust me I watch his videos every day I have seen that one a couple hundred times. Sadly I am not in it.
  • Like 1

From my experience with Gatekeeper, your butt needs to squeeze into the seat (its a big seat), then it all comes down to where the lap restraint hits your thighs! On Gatekeeper media day i was 6'4" about 270lbs 38" waist, i have a big frame and carry it well :), i could sit wherever with a little slack in the belt!

I'm starting to think Delirium is gonna get a new entrance heading toward Banshee instead of into a congested area of tables and groups deciding if they want to ride Delirium.

Hmmm..

7376fe97b343017cd8fe5e2db87c39f7.png

Are you thinking of that area right off to the right of Delirium? (From the Camera) cause If so, I'd believe you. it doesn't look fenced off.

I thought I remember reading in this topic of some kind of equipment that will be used to unload a train stuck on the lift hill. I wonder if this new concrete pad area will be where the equipment will be stored/used.

[...]

-The Gringott's Bank Coaster, if well themed (which it should be), will also be hard to beat simply since Universal Studios is such a strong park in the GTA's for Harry Potter stuff. They beat Intimidator 305 & Intimidator for best new ride in 2010, if you guys recall, and those are huge giga & hyper coasters.

[...]

It's less of the fact that they have Harry Potter "stuff" and more of the fact that that "stuff" is some pretty groundbreaking technology being used to deliver a one-of-a-kind experience unlike anything anyone has ever seen before. From what I understand, it's taking and mixing in elements of Forbidden Journey , Revenge of the Mummy , Transformers 3D, Busch Gardens' Verbo lten, and even a gag from Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters.

But in all honesty, and even I forgot about it almost completely, Gringotts might be overshadowed by the other new attraction Universal is building for the new Harry Potter expansion - The Hogwarts Express. A simple thematic concept (a train going from London to the Scottish countryside where Hogwarts lies), with its own set of technical achievements (actual carriage interiors and windows to look out of), and logistical nightmares (the train has to go through the backstage areas between the two parks).

• Like 3