Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

going back to the Banshee restraints, if i could squeeze on Diamondback would i be fine on Banshee or any wingrider? ive never been on a wingrider so i dont know what area of the body the restraint focuses on...

Hard to say. The restraints are totally different. Keep in mind, however, that Banshee will have a longer seat belt (allowing for larger riders) in row 4. On Gatekeeper, it's a difference of about an inch. I'd say that if you fit on other Inverts, Banshee seems like it will actually be a bit more accommodating than many other inverts. But this is totally speculation.

im aware of the fourth row having longer seat belts. im generally asking whoever has ridden a wingrider, where on the body, (chest, stomach, or thighs) does the restraints focus on to get a slight idea of how Banshee will be like since her restraints are similar to wingriders.

I am 260 and 5'11 the only ride I have not fit on so far is Drop Tower. Wicked Twister is very tight for me and I feel im very close to not fitting Diamondback but I could be wrong. I have ridden Wild Eagle and it was very comfortable for me.

I am working on the weight I plan on doing one of the runs at the park this year. Delicious food isn't worth missing out on coasters.

• Like 5

I'm starting to think Delirium is gonna get a new entrance heading toward Banshee instead of into a congested area of tables and groups deciding if they want to ride Delirium.

Hmmm..

7376fe97b343017cd8fe5e2db87c39f7.png

Are you thinking of that area right off to the right of Delirium? (From the Camera) cause If so, I'd believe you. it doesn't look fenced off.

I thought I remember reading in this topic of some kind of equipment that will be used to unload a train stuck on the lift hill. I wonder if this new concrete pad area will be where the equipment will be stored/used.

Why would they need evacuation equipment or the lift other than the stairs that run beneath the train?

Typically, B&M Inverted Coaster have little platforms that are raised by hand into place, and are moved along the train to remove people from the ride. You can see several of these evacuation platforms on Montu's lift hill. Lift hill pov starts at 1:04.

Turn the volume down if you don't want to hear to commentary.

Even B&M's most recent Inverted Coaster, OzIris has 2 evac platforms on the lift.

After looking at this photo, I believe Banshee has the same evac platforms.

1959238_10152664873958368_739455933_n.jp

Photo can be found on the Facebook page of KI. https://www.facebook.com/visitkingsisland

1509266_10202039305966355_882110908_n.jp

• Like 3

I have been very busy lately and haven't had time to stay up to date with this thread, so I have enjoyed spending my evening reading through all the new pages of this thread. Now that I'm all caught up, I have several thoughts:

1) Regarding the shades over the queue, they look great and I love that the park went with a color that compliments the ride itself. Seeing these shades makes me wish that Cedar Point will install more shades over Gatekeeper's queue. Last year it only had shades along the few rows of queue parallel to the beach, which wouldn't always be used. I thought it made no sense how the busiest part of the queue and where there were almost always people waiting had NO shade whatsoever. Just a random, sort of off topic thought but I really want this area of GK's queue to get these shades or some some of coverings. Last summer it was brutal waiting there with the hot sun beating down.

2) I'm predicting that the structure previously pointed out across from Banshee's entrance will indeed be where the lockers will be. (Not the area of the former Action Zone target, but the white structure recently in discussion.) It may look small, but keep in mind the perspective we all are getting of it right now if from a webcam on a structure far away and very high. It will look small from that vantage point, even if it is in fact a decent sized structure, which I think it is. I believe that the structure is definitely large enough for lockers, and I think it looks to be about the same same as Gatekeeper's. Plus I noticed some people saying how that structure doesn't look permanent enough. Well, look at any locker bay structure like Gatekeeper's. It looks very similar to this "mystery" structure by Banshee.

3)I believe the queue is also larger than some of you think it is. Keep in mind the perspective and vantage point of the camera that you are basing your assumptions on like I previously mentioned. Something that high up and that far away will make the queue area look smaller than it really is. And remember the picture taken of Banshee's queue a while back, the one that faced back to the valley? According to that picture alone, it looks as if that will be a pretty large area for a queue. Will Banshee's line stretch out into Action Zone? I believe this will be likely to happen especially on opening day and during Haunt, but I feel like the existing queue is very suitable to fit the crowds of normal park operation. Also keep in mind how quickly Cedar Fair's latest B&M, Gatekeeper's, line flies by. I am sure that Banshee will be just as good of a people eater as GK and that the line will be moving along very well.

4) For those of you going to Media Day, I would love it if you would be able to provide us with updates throughout the day such as ride reviews, pictures, and any other experiences or descriptions. All of us who aren't going I'm sure will greatly appreciate anything you tell us and show us!

5) Banshee is turning out to be an incredible addition, between its theming, exciting layout, and even aesthetics. Kings Island was already a great park before this addition, and now and into the future it will only be an even better family fun and thrill destination.

• Like 7

I'm starting to think Delirium is gonna get a new entrance heading toward Banshee instead of into a congested area of tables and groups deciding if they want to ride Delirium.

Hmmm..

Are you thinking of that area right off to the right of Delirium? (From the Camera) cause If so, I'd believe you. it doesn't look fenced off.

Yeah, and I meant to write, a new exit, not entrance..

• Like 2

First post...long-time stalker.

Speaking of the Golden Ticket Awards, where do you predict Banshee will land in the 2014 top 50 steel, compared to other inverts? The 2013 GT Awards had:

#18 - Montu

#20 - Nemesis

#25 - Alpengeist

#30 - Raptor

#34 - Black Mamba

#35 - Afterburn

#39 - Volcano, The Blast Coaster

BTW, I'm not a huge fan of the GT awards. I think they are skewed in their awards, but they are the staple in the amusement industry.

Welcome to KIC!

I'm not used to getting to play welcome committee..... normally someone (usually Terp or BB1) beat me to it. :)

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Past by Kings Island on Monday morning and Thursday night going to and from D.C(Which BTW was awesome I will post a Trip Report about it later) and Banshee really dominates the skyline. Also passing by it on Thursday night they made some very welcome changes to the Kings Island sign so it is now colored!It still has the same design as it used to be except for the new screen You can see it from far away! It was showing stuff like The Beast 35th Anniversary and Social Media stuff. I'm glad to be back!

• Like 4

Hmmm..

I thought I remember reading in this topic of some kind of equipment that will be used to unload a train stuck on the lift hill. I wonder if this new concrete pad area will be where the equipment will be stored/used.

Why would they need evacuation equipment or the lift other than the stairs that run beneath the train?

Typically, B&M Inverted Coaster have little platforms that are raised by hand into place, and are moved along the train to remove people from the ride. You can see several of these evacuation platforms on Montu's lift hill.

Thanks Sheikra, this makes perfect sense. I was looking at photos of Banshee and didn't see the platforms. I must've been looking at older photos.

By the way, Montu and Oziris are both great looking coasters. The theming on both appear to be great as well. Do you guys expect Banshee to be just as good?

Hmmm..

I'm not entirely shure, I mean. what's with the trees off to the right of the path for decoration? And why that one little area?

Glad that I got to renew my pass online. Major PITA to drive all the way over to KI just to get my pass processed from Indy.

Things are really starting to come together though. It's the little details that make a coaster IMO. Getting pretty excited to ride it, is it media day yet?

• Like 5

Glad that I got to renew my pass online. Major PITA to drive all the way over to KI just to get my pass processed from Indy.

I get my passes through a friend on a certain weekend towards the end of the year when they are offered at a much lower price. The only bad thing is we have to go get them processed every year.

• Like 1