Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

The amount of detail they are putting into theming this ride is incredible. It is going to look really awesome!

The Earth is the proper name of a planet, and thus should always be capitalized.

• Like 5

A few things I noticed while there.

- Banshee obviously looks and sounds amazing.

- handicap parking has been black topped. Every space is lined in blue and they were in the process of painting the handicap signs.

-To all the Sprint customers, 4G has arrived at Kings Island. At least in the parking lot and at processing.

I also snagged a park map.

• Like 7

Ah Saturdays.... those nice days when I don't have to work and can stare at the webcam any time I want, including just in time to see this:

2uiki75.jpg

Image captured from Kings Island's live Banshee webcam, which can be found here

• Like 9

^ You caught it on the Zero-G, My prized goal shot is to get it at the top of the Dive loop :/ I've managed the bottom of the dive loop, 3 times actually. But I still can't manage the top of the Dive Loop, or going down it slightly.

• Like 1

ff3aa01e7b07a8022bc483b096ccfb59.png

In the world is going on here?

Darn pagans......

Less than 2 weeks until I get to ride my Banshee. Hmm, I wonder if I will scream on the first ride? I think not!

What I find neat is how they are doing the center piece of Action Zone, I think that is an intricate way for people to have shade and relax throughout the day.

• Like 4

^ You caught it on the Zero-G, My prized goal shot is to get it at the top of the Dive loop :/ I've managed the bottom of the dive loop, 3 times actually. But I still can't manage the top of the Dive Loop, or going down it slightly.

I think I have photos like that posted somewhere on this thread but short of going back a long way I may not find them lol

Edit:

^ That thing is HUGE!!!! Is that going to be part of the sign? Oh man I'm so glad I decided to take 2 days off work to enjoy this beautiful new coaster :D

• Like 1

Well I am finally about to take off on my 3 week amusement park trek on the way to Kings Island. Goin 400 miles out of the way first..but I just cant not go to Magic Mountain....then its towards Six Flags Texas and so on until I reach my ultimate goal of Kings Island for the 17th. See you all there....

• Like 15

Look at the Banshee Logo, the claw will be just like that, but in front of the lettering to give it a 3D sort of effect as if it is reaching out to grab you.

Just got in the car to head out on my journey and realized I didn't have Cami, my daughter with me.....sorry Bon Bon.....haha

• Like 2

^^ The blue thing appears to be "THE CLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWW". Its probably going to be added to the Banshee sign. If you notice in the picture, the sign is missing the actual Banshee herself. The big claw is probably going to be added to the front of the sign to give it a POP effect.

Banshee_4c.jpgImage can be found on Kings Island's website

EDIT: I hope they make the eyes on the sign light up at night! That'd be a nice touch!

• Like 5

Is anybody else really bothered that they didn't include the loop (the one that is part of Eve's tail) in the sign? Not that the sign doesn't look great. It looks fantastic. I love how multi-layered it is. Just, the addition of that loop would have made it at least ten times even better, IMO.

• Like 2

Wow! What a work of art! I feel like the installation of the ID sign almost marks the end of a very long, very harsh off season. The construction crews braved below zero temperatures, snow storm after snow storm, among many other elements. It's gotta be a great feeling to see Banshee turn out so beautifully after working so hard on it. Kings Island really crossed their T's and dotted their I's on this one!

• Like 7

The "Banshee" sign is up....but where is the claw going...It's still in the AZ circle.

edit: the black truck is empty and near the newly erected sign, which makes me wonder....what's the blue thing in the circle?

It looks as if it's a cherry picker that'll be used to install the rest of the shaders for the circle.
  • Like 1

u3ugusad.jpg

Does anyone know what's under the claw? It also appears that there are either lights and/or speakers at the base of the sign. Either way the queue looks AWESOME!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

• Like 4