Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

^^It depends on weather conditions as to which rides shut down. Yes a drop will shut some rides down or they'll down before weather, some can go in light rain. Many rides will transfer off units and run with a decreased capacity in moderate weather, but will shut down in bad weather or before it hits.

KI has a vastly different policy. Being that most rides I can think of can't transfer off units, they run full trains in mild weather, but full shutdown in bad weather.

Hopefully KI will allow ride ops to transfer off trains, or at least call maint. to transfer off and run limited capacity. I'd rather run one train safely than none at all if possible. But all three trains won't run in full rain in event of a partial shutdown.

• Like 3

Yes, I remember The Beast opening, but that was 1979. This is 2014 LOTS has changed in policies/technologies since then.I have ridden The Beast in snow but not anymore. I went to the park years back on a snowy day (had a pass) and on the way out was given a Snow Day ticket for an admissi9on at a later date. I gave that to a friend to use the next year but should have held on to it as I have never seen one before.

• Like 2

From Kings Island Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/visitkingsisland

The first 5,000 guests to experience our new record-breaking roller coaster, "Banshee," on Opening Day Friday, April 18 will receive a free first rider t-shirt! The turnstiles open at 11:30 a.m. on Opening Day with rides and attractions opening at noon. Banshee will be open beginning at 11:30 a.m. for Gold and Platinum season passholders.

TZkwCDf.jpg

• Like 16

Front gate receiving a much needed face lift pic.twitter.com/mCWW0a3ixU

— Greg Scheid (@KIGMGREG) April 5, 2014

Walkway into the queue being poured this morning. No sign of Eve (our Banshee) yet. #KIBanshee pic.twitter.com/JUVkCxgBQr

— Greg Scheid (@KIGMGREG) April 5, 2014

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Wow... after 10 years working that gate and many more going through it as a guest, that's going to take some getting used to!

From Kings Island Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/visitkingsisland

The first 5,000 guests to experience our new record-breaking roller coaster, "Banshee," on Opening Day Friday, April 18 will receive a free first rider t-shirt! The turnstiles open at 11:30 a.m. on Opening Day with rides and attractions opening at noon. Banshee will be open beginning at 11:30 a.m. for Gold and Platinum season passholders.

TZkwCDf.jpg

Great looking shirts! Mrs. Gator & GatorGirl will be jealous.

• Like 5

The turnstiles open at 11:30 a.m. on Opening Day with rides and attractions opening at noon

Sooo will people only be allowed into the park once it is 11:30? Or will part of International Street be open sooner? Just thinking back to years past when you were let in earlier, then waited before being allowed back to the ride.

• Like 1

Former link Banshee actually testing

Don requested that videos and or pictures of Banshee testing please not be posted in the forum until after the ride has opened.
That's why you quote it and bring it back to everyone's attention, right? ;)

By me saying that i meant that i wasnt the one that uploaded that video on youtube, didnt realize that we werent allowed to post a link of it.

The turnstiles open at 11:30 a.m. on Opening Day with rides and attractions opening at noon

Sooo will people only be allowed into the park once it is 11:30? Or will part of International Street be open sooner? Just thinking back to years past when you were let in earlier, then waited before being allowed back to the ride.

Since Banshee opens to passholders at 11:30, I doubt anyone will be allowed into the park before then.

and on that note I need to call David's Bridal and see about rescheduling my dress fitting LOL I want a dang t-shirt.

Edit: done lol yes I seriously just rescheduled my second wedding dress fitting over a roller coaster t-shirt. I AM that crazy.... that and my guest is going to want one too lol

• Like 11

Theoretically if they ran the max capacity all day it would take a little more than 3 hours for them to run out of t-shirts.

So if you get there at the crack of dawn your guaranteed a shirt. If you arrive later in the day however, I wouldn't expect one.

• Like 2

I'm really hoping that, assuming crowds will be plentiful, there will be an obvious line for Gold and Platinum pass holders to wait to get into the park. I'm kinda worried that it might be like last year (reg. season) where everyone can enter, but will wait in front of the fountain.

I don't want to feel like I'm fighting to reach the Gold & Platinum pass gate.. or worse, have to miss the 11:30 early access, not because there's a lot of Gold and Platinum card holders, but because I'm waiting behind regular pass holders. That would be quite unfortunate. A little worried.

• Like 6

Hi guys I'm a first time poster long time reader.....I'll be coming out from Wisconsin for media day and visiting the park for opening day I was just wondering if I get to the park around 9am opening day and wait till 12 and I'm one of the first guests to Banshees entrance would I get a first rider t-shirt!? I'm worried that I'm going to end up getting there and they'll be all out from all the gold and platinum pass holders.

• Like 1

Hi guys I'm a first time poster long time reader.....I'll be coming out from Wisconsin for media day and visiting the park for opening day I was just wondering if I get to the park around 9am opening day and wait till 12 and I'm one of the first guests to Banshees entrance would I get a first rider t-shirt!? I'm worried that I'm going to end up getting there and they'll be all out from all the gold and platinum pass holders.

The way it works is you receive the shirt after your ride, WHILE SUPPLIES LAST.

• Like 3