Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

Close to go time... to show time... with mo' time... not hoe time... but yo' time... for FUN.

I finally understand why institutions of education give out homework.Yes that was a gardening reference.. This is a place of appropriateness... and rhymes.

• Like 3

Hi guys I'm a first time poster long time reader.....I'll be coming out from Wisconsin for media day and visiting the park for opening day I was just wondering if I get to the park around 9am opening day and wait till 12 and I'm one of the first guests to Banshees entrance would I get a first rider t-shirt!? I'm worried that I'm going to end up getting there and they'll be all out from all the gold and platinum pass holders.

I would say yes, I don't see any power hours happening that first day,so lets say they keep the hourly capacity around 1100 per hour. That gives you 4 hours after the park opens to the general public (if you are not a gold or Platinum pass holder) before they run out of shirts!

I want to say on DB's opening day they gave out 10,000 and I rode it a second time later in the day and could have gotten a second shirt if I wanted, but I wanted others who did not have a shirt yet get a chance at one!

• Like 6

Hi guys I'm a first time poster long time reader.....I'll be coming out from Wisconsin for media day and visiting the park for opening day I was just wondering if I get to the park around 9am opening day and wait till 12 and I'm one of the first guests to Banshees entrance would I get a first rider t-shirt!? I'm worried that I'm going to end up getting there and they'll be all out from all the gold and platinum pass holders.

I'm assuming since you are going to media day that unless you are part of the media, you are in a coaster club. While I haven't heard anything yet for 2014, in years past showing your coaster club membership (if you were part of an approved group) would get you into ERT. You'll want to check with your coaster club and/or KI to see if this will also be the case in 2014.

If someone does call KI about ERT and gets a response, please post here, as I would love to know.

ERT is 30 minutes to park opening rides to the general public. You must have a Gold or Platinum pass to enter Action Zone to enjoy. Tolls will open 90 minutes to park opening. Admission opens around 9am. Enjoy your day at the park. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Taptalk

• Like 1

Good morning KICers. Happy 9 days til Media Day and 10 days til opening day!! :D I don't see Banshee testing yet (though I didn't look super close) BUT Drop Tower is testing. I have heard it's tested before today but I haven't seen it til now.

33muag2.jpg

Image captured from Kings Island's live Banshee webcam

• Like 7

I wonder if O'Terpy will be a part of this?

I would be shocked if it wasn't. Mainly b/c they spent the time to make the prop last season, it would be wasteful not to include it amongst the tombstones for the ride (unless they just shipped it to Terpy and gifted it to him, which would be pretty cool as well)

• Like 6

I wonder if O'Terpy will be a part of this?

I would be shocked if it wasn't. Mainly b/c they spent the time to make the prop last season, it would be wasteful not to include it amongst the tombstones for the ride (unless they just shipped it to Terpy and gifted it to him, which would be pretty cool as well)
That would make one heck of a lawn ornament.
  • Like 14

If someone does call KI about ERT and gets a response, please post here, as I would love to know.

ERT is 30 minutes to park opening rides to the general public. You must have a Gold or Platinum pass to enter Action Zone to enjoy. Tolls will open 90 minutes to park opening. Admission opens around 9am. Enjoy your day at the park. :)

I'm confused why would admissions open 3 hours before the park? I thought Kings Island opened at noon on opening day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

I'm confused why would admissions open 3 hours before the park? I thought Kings Island opened at noon on opening day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Thought we we talking about normal business hours. Not opening day. If opening day then tolls should open at 10:30, admission at 11 and ERT starts at 11:30. :) go Banshee !!

• Like 3

Now she's testing :D such a beautiful sight on this beautiful day. I will be so happy when at last we can ride and not keep staring at the webcam counting down the days...

30diero.jpg

Image captured from Kings Island's live Banshee webcam

• Like 11

Wait, Bat still has a missing piece, so it wouldn't be testing today?

The track has been re-installed...it just hasn't been painted yet so it's still Silver & Black and a bit hard to see. Though I can't yet confrim/deny any testing as I have not seen any proof for or against it yet...

How would you get into Media Day? I would like to know.

You would have needed to RSVP'ed by the cut off date, which has already passed.

You would need to be a member of an approved Coaster Club with a current, non expired membership card.

Coaster Clubs:

ACE

Coaster Crew

Club TPR

GOCC

and so forth.

These coaster clubs require a PAID membership.

• Like 9