Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

They have made it clear that they are open, willing, and speedy to answer any questions concerning Media Day.

Hmmm....contacted the park via their website 3 days ago....still no answer.

Simple question, will lockers be available?

The park website contact form usually takes a while to get a response, and the staffers that handle messages from it may have outright discarded your question since it's an invitation-only event and they don't know who you are. I would recommend emailing Don directly with your question instead (just reply to the informational email you received a few days ago). I emailed him late in the evening the other day with a dress code question and got a very quick response even for the time of day.

EDIT: What ^^he said.

Yes i am on the list......and yes I have Mr. Helblig's contact information.

Didn't really want to reply to the original Media Day email with such a simple question. Figured they have enough of those.

No biggie...they still got time to respond.

• Like 1

... Those attending Media Day (IMO a bit of a misnomer seeing as it's more likely going to end up like some overcrowded enthusiast event) ...

Give this man a cookie. Secondly, I've been to several media days and I had the small American Eagle logo on a polo shirt and not a single **** was given.

• Like 6

The park website contact form usually takes a while to get a response, and the staffers that handle messages from it may have outright discarded your question since it's an invitation-only event and they don't know who you are.

Then that's a problem that needs fixed.

My first ride I will clear my thoughts and enjoy. Hopefully. Enjoy the new ride sensation.

Unfortunately, however...I have watched every piece constructed throughout this long winter like the rest of you. So my second ride will be of mind of dissecting each part of the ride, piece ...by piece...by piece as though I was riding it as it was being constructed. I will not allow myself to do that on the first ride.

I will only do that once. And enjoy it thereafter as long as its in the park without those thoughts.

*also...don't know why I wanted to state that. Enjoy. So short of time now to experience. Can't wait.

• Like 3

The POV of The Smiler makes me have nasuea. Not certain why. Another coaster I watched with excited enthusiasm last year. They were quite viral with it. It looks hard to ride however...not the biggest fan of multiple, multiple inversions. But then again, Banshee is just an inversion machine as well. Oh lordy my aging body. It made fun of my parents so long ago...and now it makes fun of me.

• Like 7

Give me an enjoyable up and down...

Or a smooth B&M. I have rather enjoyed my time on Diamondback, Wild Eagle and Gatekeeper the last few years. I don't feel beat up...hoping the same with our eerie female. I can't imagine otherwise though. Not at all.

Although I can't get over my Maverick.

*when he's running I might add with a frowning face.

• Like 6

The Smiler's inversions are extremely compact, while Banshee's inversions are more draw out, which i like better.

Same here. The more drawn out a flyer/invert is the better IMO.

Gracefully soaring through the air is what I look for particularly in flyers/inverts as opposed to graying out on every other inversion...

Forceful, tight inversions seem to be much better allocated on sit-downs...

• Like 5

I love tight inversions on any coaster as long as it's smooth.
I will be surprised if Banshee's easy transitions still excite me. I have a feeling that I will get a sensation of easiness for most of the elements.

EDIT: But I know I will love it regardless. Especially that ending twist!

• Like 2

It does look like Delirium is getting a paint job. The inside of the disk is beginning to look orange this morning.

The legs are definitely changing, but the orange in the disk could just be the way light is reflecting.

If you look at this photo:

Delirium_KI.jpg

You can see a hint of orange, too (at least on my monitor)

(Photo from David Morton, taken from Wikipedia at this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Delirium_KI.jpg and licensed under Creative Commons)

• Like 4

^ are you going to be able to attend media day and/or opening day? I don't recall when you said you're being deployed.

The Earth is the proper name of a planet, and thus should always be capitalized.

• Like 1

It does look like Delirium is getting a paint job. The inside of the disk is beginning to look orange this morning.

The legs are definitely changing, but the orange in the disk could just be the way light is reflecting.

If you look at this photo:

Delirium_KI.jpg

You can see a hint of orange, too (at least on my monitor)

(Photo from David Morton, taken from Wikipedia at this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Delirium_KI.jpg and licensed under Creative Commons)

I see what you mean there. But on their webcam, I still see orange. I have never saw orange on the ride before.

• Like 2

Looks great!!!! It would be cool if KI had a "buy a tombstone" for charity auction. It would be cool to play a permanent part in the ride.

This is a great idea. I can only imagine people who wished people were dead would pay for a tombstone with the name of that person on it. Can you imagine walking through the line and seeing your own name? I would find it funny, others may not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4