Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

I'm not trying to be a party pooper or negative Nancy, but must we post every time Banshee or another ride is testing? The park opens in a week, so rides will be cycling. I think the multitudes of previous "(insert ride name here) is testing" posts has conveyed the point that the park is ramping up for the operating season. ;)

I will have you know I don't post every time Banshee or DT is testing. I spend a lot of my time at work so that's rather impossible :lol: It's awesome to see her testing and figure out where she is and such, but if it bugs you that much I won't do it anymore. Spoilsport :P

Edit: the top of Delirium now seems orange-ish as well.... this appears to have changed within the last hour as the image I took last hour didn't appear to look like it does now. I'm not going to bother posting a pic this time though. Y'all know the link, y'all can look for yourselves.

*tries to limit the amount of time she spends off topic*

Maybe we should make a thread about Delirium? *will search and do that*

Does anyone else think The Bat might not make Opening Day?

Nope it was testing yesterday morning, a pic was caught from the webcams. The piece of track has been replaced it just has not been painted orange to match the rest of the coaster. Hopefully they will get that done in the next 7 days. :)

• Like 3

It's becoming a Giant Pumpkin Frisbee.

Wow, I didn't expect it to come out this way......There hasn't even been an official announcement but I guess I'll break it to you guys.....

The decision has been made to rename Delirium to The Great Pumpkin Frisbee for the 2014 season to compliment one of the park's most popular attractions known as, The Great Pumpkin Coaster, located in Planet Snoopy.

New for 2014 : The Great Pumpkin Frisbee

Duration: 2 minutes, 30 seconds

Height Requirement: 52 inches

Manufacturer: Huss

Realism of this post: Not much

• Like 22

Does anyone else feel like there's some weird forced perspective (or whatever the appropriate term is... do I look like an artist to you?!) thing going on with Eve? No matter what direction pictures are aimed at it, it always seems like the eyes are looking towards the camera and the claw is opened towards it.

• Like 6

I'm not trying to be a party pooper or negative Nancy, but must we post every time Banshee or another ride is testing? The park opens in a week, so rides will be cycling. I think the multitudes of previous "(insert ride name here) is testing" posts has conveyed the point that the park is ramping up for the operating season. ;)

I will have you know I don't post every time Banshee or DT is testing. I spend a lot of my time at work so that's rather impossible :lol: It's awesome to see her testing and figure out where she is and such, but if it bugs you that much I won't do it anymore. Spoilsport :P

Edit: the top of Delirium now seems orange-ish as well.... this appears to have changed within the last hour as the image I took last hour didn't appear to look like it does now. I'm not going to bother posting a pic this time though. Y'all know the link, y'all can look for yourselves.

Sorry, I wasn't directing it at you. Just in general. Seems like every time an update showed up on my app, it was always that "a ride was running". Maybe it came off as a little harsh; and I apologize for that. :(

• Like 4

Does anyone else feel like there's some weird forced perspective (or whatever the appropriate term is... do I look like an artist to you?!) thing going on with Eve? No matter what direction pictures are aimed at it, it always seems like the eyes are looking towards the camera and the claw is opened towards it.

That is pretty creepy!

You're close! Forced perspective is using miniatures and real-life objects in the same shot to create the illusion of exaggerated scale in motion pictures. What you're describing is Linear perspective, which is applying the science how the eye perceives depth in a 2D image which, when done as masterfully as they've done with Eve, allows for the eye-contact-from-any-angle illusion.

EDIT:

Photo of Geddy Lee withdrawn pending permission for use..

• Like 4

Sorry, I wasn't directing it at you. Just in general. Seems like every time an update showed up on my app, it was always that "a ride was running". Maybe it came off as a little harsh; and I apologize for that. :(

It's all good I wasn't upset or anything :) I figured it was directed at me since every morning I post about it but like I said I wasn't upset. It's all good. We are just super excited to see her testing!

The Earth is the proper name of a planet, and thus should always be capitalized.

• Like 2

It appears the area between Delirium has been converted into a patio like area (judging by Greg's last tweets).

https://twitter.com/kigmgreg/status/454599696753774592

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The new patio(s) look great. Very nice addition and this part of the park is going to fee very revitalized because of Banshee and the surround work that has been done.

• Like 3

In regards to my last post, i was in a meeting when i posted it so i did not get a very good look at the photo and just assumed it was behind Delirium. It is actually the area just outside Festhaus. I apologize for the confusion.

• Like 3

With all the new upgrades, paintings, and our record-breaking Banshee, I feel like I'm going to a different park.

This is going to be a great year.

Come to think of it, I realized I'm slightly more excited about the theming of Banshee than the ride itself. I'm excited for both; it just seems like we have VERY limited rides with great theming, so with Banshee coming in with amazing theming, I find myself being more excited.

This is going to be a great year, though.

• Like 10

Of course she's mad..you see her hair? I'd be ticked too if I got out of the salon looking like that :P

And then she asked "Does this rollercoaster make my butt look fat?", and based on her expression, and demeanor we can figure out the answer was "yes",...

• Like 13

Maybe I am seeing things, but it looks like they have added grass on the hill going back into the valley... It looks nice :)

2vbwgeb.jpg

Image captured from Kings Island's live Banshee webcam, found here

• Like 6