Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

The Earth is the proper name of a planet, and thus should always be capitalized.

The Earth is the proper name of a planet, and thus should always be capitalized.

Yes, Banshee may be among the best roller coasters on Earth.

They sure have moved a lot of earth in the construction of Banshee.

The whole earth rejoiced at the announcement of Banshee.

Riders on Banshee will fall to earth at a whopping 68 miles per hour.

• Like 20

They will for sure get caught. That is an incredibly selfish move! To post that when we are just 3 1/2 days from Media Day and 4 1/2 days from Opening Day. Im quite sure that the park will release a POV of their own with much higher quality and actually show the entire ride. This was just a very selfish move. Not only will he be fire, he may also be charge for unauthorized filming while riding. Not only that, some of the other employees may suffer from his actions.

• Like 2

Who ever posted that video is losing their job if they get caught

If an employee (or anyone) filmed on the ride, he/she would likely be criminally cited as well. It's a misdemeanor in Ohio for a rider to fail to abide by posted rules/instructions.

Legal and safety issues aside, I certainly don't want to see any POV of Banshee before riding it.

• Like 13

^^^^^ nice pic but.... If it is legit and not officially released by the park it should not be posted on here. If it is officially released by the park, the source needs to be cited. If it is an official park released image that has been altered in Photoshop or another photo editing program, that should be mentioned and the source of the original image cited...

Just sayin'.... let's not forget the rules here when we are this close to media day.

I do believe that photo has NOT been released by Kings Island. Whoever posted it may see some serious consequences.

The park has rules. We should respect and follow those rules. When it's opening day, feel free to post whatever the heck you want. But until then, keep everything private.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Just another notice as for some reason some people still ignored my post this morning..

For those taking illegal POVs or posting pictures inside the park against the parks permission, you are causing a nightmare for yourself.

They will find you, and soon you will find yourself without a KI ID or uniform and kicked out of the park, possibly worse. For the one posting the POV, you actually possibly have caused a lawsuit for yourself violating ORC.

I have seen this stuff happen myself first hand. Some fools wanted to leak Dinos Alive before the park announced it, some wanted to make a scene, guess what, the next week I never saw them again except through Facebook. This stuff does matter to the park, and it is very real. They're a large corporation, and they are keen on protecting their interests, and they are keen on what they want out there and what they don't. To see an employee hold a camera and sneak it out at the top of a hill and hide as soon as on the brake run, you know already you're in the wrong. Then on top of it, there are safety signs, there are ride instructions prior to boarding, and I know more than likely you were all briefed. Plus again, this is all in ORC.

Mess with the park the wrong way, they will boot you out the gate, and guess what happens if any future employer contacts KI regarding your employment, you're not setting up a bright future for yourself.

I understand the desire to show and leak stuff early to the coaster community, trust me I've been there. I knew about Dinos about mid June and they didn't announce till somewhere in August. Trust me did you not know how bad I wanted to spread that we were going to be losing PWX to get your last rides in and just to get that awesome info out there and be the one who did it. Oh you bet, however, I was not the parks PR dept, nor was I privileged to give that info to the public. Lastly I valued my job as a ride sup, and I valued my connection to the company.

If you don't want to have a bright future with the company and have a great reference and possible future employment, and risk future employers finding out about your termination, so be it, keep on the weary path. Just understand you're causing this problem for yourself only, and here as well. Your actions violate your terms of employment, and this websites terms of service.

From here on out, keep the media you do not have the privilege of sharing with the public off of KIC, of face the consequences, last warning kids.

• Like 15

Those fools know who they are too. As a KI employee, I respect Kings Island, Cedar Fair, Mr. Helbig, Mr. Scheid, and everything they have done. And I do wanna share things that I know and others don't, but I cannot do that. I love my job and I don't want to lose my job over posting a picture or video. If employees wanna act cowardly and do stuff like that, let 'em. They won't be happy when they get fired and possibly kicked out of Kings Island.

Edit: Just do what the park says. It's really simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 11

To the one who has posted the youtube video and pictures inside the park, let it be known, I already know who you are. Your name, age, social media accounts, etc. and even have a picture of yourself. If I can find everything about you in about ten minutes, you don't think the parks PR/IT department can't..You were warned

• Like 9

Your life was never in their hands thankfully. I won't post more as I'm not one to put someones identity out in the public. The park now will deal with the employees fate as they have discovered his identity as well. Again reading above the two posts I posted today with a fair warning, and now this, lets all move on problem free. Opening day is only a few more days away folks.

Now that the leak is over and done with, let us please move on and rid ourselves of this issue. I don't want to again have issues with the KIC/KI relationship because some users here wish to not abide by the rules of their employment and this websites terms of service.

What has been done is done, time to move on, and hopefully some of you learn from this persons mistakes.

• Like 6

Im an architectural designer and model builder....and have done all sorts of projects for clients that insist on absolute secrecy...some of the things I have worked on have been for theme parks.....and I have been offered rather large bribes from various "interested parties" in the past. Of course I was never even tempted........I mean it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure.....lets see...you wanna give me 10K for a copy or a peek of these plans that will cost me my job......at the time 70k a year.....and being blackballed from the industry and have lawsuits brought up against me? Take a hike buddy........I mean who would be that stupid? Then again im 50 years old and know better...but even if I were a junior/senior in h.s. I still wouldn't do it. But that's just me......

• Like 11

Yeah, I don't think it would take a whole lot for the park to figure out just who it was.......there haven't been all that many people that have ridden it.....and going by what day and the time..........somebody is more than likely going to be asked to find employment elsewhere.......if some of there friends don't spill the beans first on accident.

• Like 1

Again lets move on please. I know there really isn't anything to discuss about Banshee at the moment this late at night, however, lets distance ourselves from the stupid decisions of a kid.

The park already has all the info they need on the employee, they will determine what to do with the employee, it's in their hands now.

• Like 6