Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

I think we get it, follow the rules. Still doesn't explain why KI hasn't had the video removed or if they even will, I mean there are illegal ride pov's all over Youtube.

They probably can't take it down. The park would have to own the copyright for the video to do so. The person holding the camera owns the copyright, even if shot illegally, unless it was shot as a normal part of his work duties, which it was not.

Transmitted from Wild Space via my datapad's DROID brain

• Like 4

I know there is a roll call thread over in the meetup section but for the people going to media day are all the KICentral members going to do anything? Just wondering. Would like to put some real names and faces with screen names.

C'mon Thursday, man thats going to suck to leave my house at 2:30am, lol.

• Like 3

I hope riding won't be required Media Day. I injured my wrist, and might not be able to ride. My boyfriend will though, so I'll at least be able to hold his stuff.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

If your injury does not require a hard fiberglass cast then you should be able to ride.

• Like 1

To answer that question, the video IS removed.

...most likely by the person who posted it, albeit possibly under pressure from the park. As I said a minute ago, it's unlikely the park could have taken it down directly.

Transmitted from Wild Space via my datapad's DROID brain

• Like 3

Well I'm off to bed for the night folks, watch the webcams to see if anything cool happens, never know what the park is doing the last few days before lol

Also, KIC..don't do anything stupid tonight please..heed the warnings, take the parks requests into consideration, and be nice to eachother :P

We have just a few more short days till we all see eachother again and ride a new amazing ride and then experience the rest of the park (FINALLY)

But ah well, sleep, blues in the morning, report to work, just to get leave authorized for this week, yay..Hopefully be back in bed by 0800

• Like 6

CoasterOhio,

When old as me you are, on Opening Day you take off work to go.

Hey I'm only 29 and requested two days off work for media day and opening day and rescheduled my second wedding dress fitting because it was set for the 18th at noon and that just was not cool with me lol

The Earth is the proper name of a planet, and thus should always be capitalized.

• Like 3

Hey getting a couple of days off work is nothing compared to getting your teenage daughter out of school for 2 weeks before the Easter vacation......talk about having to pull some strings......but it was totally cool with her......of course...... Well, she thought it was until I started making her do the work the teachers gave me to have her do at night...........the look she gave me was priceless!!!!!!! Kind of like the look she is giving me right now in the hotel room...... I just said...only a few days til Banshee...and she smiled....briefly...

• Like 16

I have nothing to back this up, other than my gut, but I think that POV video was "released" on purpose, just as I believe the "Bat website" right before the Banshee announcement that was live for an hour or so was released on purpose to gauge the interest in bringing back The Bat theme, just as I believe all of those blueprints that were shown on the one guy's youtube sight were released on purpose. I believe them all to be various forms of viral media/advertising intended to build hype for the things they are doing/have done over the last year or so. Considering their instance of limiting the amount of videos/pictures that pop up on this site outside of officially released KI videos, I find if hard to all measures weren't taken to ensure that an employee couldn't "sneak" a recording device and take a decent POV of Banshee w/o the park knowing about it.

• Like 2

I have nothing to back this up, other than my gut, but I think that POV video was "released" on purpose, just as I believe the "Bat website" right before the Banshee announcement that was live for an hour or so was released on purpose to gauge the interest in bringing back The Bat theme, just as I believe all of those blueprints that were shown on the one guy's youtube sight were released on purpose. I believe them all to be various forms of viral media/advertising intended to build hype for the things they are doing/have done over the last year or so. Considering their instance of limiting the amount of videos/pictures that pop up on this site outside of officially released KI videos, I find if hard to all measures weren't taken to ensure that an employee couldn't "sneak" a recording device and take a decent POV of Banshee w/o the park knowing about it.

Nope, there was normal levels of security. A reminder would've helped maybe before letting people ride. I'm not surprised it happened.

I wasn't given a memo not to take videos yesterday before riding. But a park employee technically shouldn't have to receive one since we agree upon hire not to take and post photos or videos that would be unseen by the general public.

It was very gracious of the park to do this for the little-workers at the park. I hope this instance doesn't change their choice of having a fun kick-start to the season like this the next time a big ride comes within the next 10 years. And even if it still happens, an employee event, hopefully a verbal reminder given from supervisors will be all that's necessary.

Either way though, the fact of the matter is, the majority of people that visit the park did NOT see the video.. either video. It could've been worse.

• Like 5

Nope, there was normal levels of security. A reminder would've helped maybe before letting people ride. I'm not surprised it happened.

I wasn't given a memo not to take videos yesterday before riding. But a park employee technically shouldn't have to receive one since we agree upon hire not to take and post photos or videos that would be unseen by the general public.

It was very gracious of the park to do this for the little-workers at the park. I hope this instance doesn't change their choice of having a fun kick-start to the season like this the next time a big ride comes within the next 10 years. And even if it still happens, an employee event, hopefully a verbal reminder given from supervisors will be all that's necessary.

Either way though, the fact of the matter is, the majority of people that visit the park did NOT see the video.. either video. It could've been worse.

i don't even think there are any videos out there anymore of it....at least uploaded online.

I think it's stupid. The park provided us with a POV simulation video so if you're that desperate to know what the POV is going to be like go watch that. The design of the coaster did not change at all so the video is pretty darn accurate. If I want to know what the real life POV is like instead of the video I will know on Thursday :) I can wait til then.

The Earth is the proper name of a planet, and thus should always be capitalized.

• Like 3

In just four days this ride will be jam packed with excited guests, I can't wait to see the lines.. and not be the line.

Someone mentioned before that the Wolfpack queue could be utilized. I think that'd be a good use of space without blocking too many other things, only the bathrooms. Have the line feed from the exit and soon, people will walk the old SOB queue to get in line for Banshee.

If that's not enough.. then all I have to say is geezle petes

• Like 6

In just four days this ride will be jam packed with excited guests, I can't wait to see the lines.. and not be the line.

Someone mentioned before that the Wolfpack queue could be utilized. I think that'd be a good use of space without blocking too many other things, only the bathrooms. Have the line feed from the exit and soon, people will walk the old SOB queue to get in line for Banshee.

If that's not enough.. then all I have to say is geezle petes

Either that would be a walk of shame since SOB is gone, or would it be a walk down memory lane, or would it just entice Eve even more since she is built on his gravesite?

• Like 1

It's all bittersweet for me; I can't be there for Media Day, Opening Day, or even any day prior to Memorial Day. I think my "45,040th Rider" shirt might actually be too low a number by the time I give Banshee a first whirl, the way things are going. Sheesh. :unsure:

• Like 9