Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

I love it. I wish you could hear it outside the park but when Invertigo is running you really can't.

The Earth is the proper name of a planet, and thus should always be capitalized.

• Like 1

Lol yeah I realized that after I shot the video haha. I don't like it either :P

Steve one moment I will take a selfie

The Earth is the proper name of a planet, and thus should always be capitalized.

I get the tombstone... but what is the mysterious, toaster-looking object before the "pretzel-like" element?

Whatsit.jpg

Altered (cropped and arrow superimposed for discussion) Screen capture from

Original provider as credited: Kings Island

YouTube uploader: Theme Park Review

It's a scissor lift. For what, I'm not sure. I think it might be under the trim brake? So maybe for adjustments before it opens to the public. Other than that, I'm not sure.
  • Like 3

I get the tombstone... but what is the mysterious, toaster-looking object before the "pretzel-like" element?

Whatsit.jpg

Altered (cropped and arrow superimposed for discussion) Screen capture from youtube.com/watch?v=yOTgWr0J1Bw

Original provider as credited: Kings Island

YouTube uploader: Theme Park Review

Was wondering about that myself. It looks like it is built into the ground in the POV.

• Like 1

Thanks, milesharrison. I thought maybe some kind of night-theming instrument, but your explanation makes a lot of sense.

(I mean, I've heard of reaching for a brass ring on Carousel, but catching a free bagel on an inverted B&M would be quite a novelty! ;) )

• Like 7

I'm looking forward to see that whole section of the park.

I always hated that movie theme- it stank of elitist posing, like the film business saying, "Let's let the little people see the myth of our greatness."

Movies are about us, we're not about the movies. Movies are stories about people like us.

I'm so glad that Action Zone is gone, and especially glad that such top work has been put in it's place. I'm pretty amazed of all that themeing being built in such a short time.

I had pnuemonia literally all this crappy long winter, I can't wait to hop on a coaster and get some adrenelin going.

• Like 4

So, for anyone that was worried about the roar this ride would have, are you satisfied?

Ever since I heard it in person I've thought the roar of the ride sounds great!

You might not hear the roar, but you'll hear the Banshee scream across the park.

• Like 5

I'm looking forward to see that whole section of the park.

I always hated that movie theme- it stank of elitist posing, like the film business saying, "Let's let the little people see the myth of our greatness."

I always thought TV shows/Movies shot on soundstages/back lots looked fake and cheesy, and the backlot concept looked way out-of-place in Kings Island (very, very especially the freight-stack, LA Freeway design of BLSC, which I thought was like Action Zone creeping into the rest of the park. Ugh!). Kudos to Greg 'n Co.!

• Like 1

This was such an amazing day. I so underestimated Banshee. It's a fantastic ride. Theming is awesome. I have heard there is more theming to see tonight that was not shown today. Can't wait for tonight!

2ebuze4a.jpg

I rode Banshee 6 times, Delirium twice, The Bat once and Xtreme Skyflier once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 11

Gemini XL-200 and I both took 7 trips on Banshee and six on The Bat.

Okay. After fully collecting my thoughts, here's my review on Banshee.

This is a slam dunk for Kings Island. The ride is amazing on its own, but it brings theming to the max. The gravestones, lighting package, fog, station and ride sign are all perfect.

One thing that's special to me about the theming is the Son of Beast tribute and eternal flame at the start of the queue. I found it to be funny and also fitting, that Kings Island honors such a controversial ride that they told us nothing about for three years. It's like Banshee is here to remember the ride but bring an even better thrill factor to the park.

8e7era3y.jpg

Bravo, Kings Island. Banshee will be screaming its way into the hearts of millions for years to come.

• Like 18

This was such an amazing day. I so underestimated Banshee. It's a fantastic ride. Theming is awesome. I have heard there is more theming to see tonight that was not shown today. Can't wait for tonight!

I rode Banshee 6 times, Delirium twice, The Bat once and Xtreme Skyflier once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought only The Bat, and Banshee were supposed to be open? The more the merrier though!

• Like 2

After reading reviews and looking at footage, I'm going to have to be honest- the only thing getting my butt in a Banshee seat is knowing that the maintenance crew pores over every ride every morning.

When I'm plumetting down any first hill on a coater at KI, that's what I'm thinking.

• Like 5