Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

I am awake again. Time to get ready for a visitation service then back to Kings Island. I am so tired

The Earth is the proper name of a planet, and thus should always be capitalized.

• Like 3

Did anyone on KIC record the speech Greg Scheid gave or know somewhere I can find it on YouTube or elsewhere?

There were a bunch of people taping it. I have the first 30 seconds before my battery ran out.

I have most of the speech, all the way up to where he began introducing coaster clubs. I will post the video on YouTube and put the link on here. The video is also a photo montage, along with some B-Roll of the Banshee. I just can't think of a couple of songs to go with the video!

• Like 1

I'm happy to hear all the positive feedback on the ride, and am incredibly jealous that I'll have to wait at least a few weeks for my first ride on her. Loving all the pictures and videos you guys have posted! Sounds like this is going to be a fantastic experience.

• Like 2

I'll post the handful of pictures I took when I get home from work tonight, if I'm not too tired by then (yes, I chose not to request today off since Media Day ended at 2 and I work at 4 on Thursdays. Not sure what I was thinking :P). Overall I am very impressed with the changes the park has made, though I'm wondering who will be buying the $75 Nike Dri-FIT polo shirts they have in the gift shop...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I'm looking forward to see that whole section of the park.

I always hated that movie theme- it stank of elitist posing, like the film business saying, "Let's let the little people see the myth of our greatness."

I always thought TV shows/Movies shot on soundstages/back lots looked fake and cheesy, and the backlot concept looked way out-of-place in Kings Island (very, very especially the freight-stack, LA Freeway design of BLSC, which I thought was like Action Zone creeping into the rest of the park. Ugh!). Kudos to Greg 'n Co.!

BLSC will be a zombie apocalypse theme maybe??

• Like 2

Who was the guy in the throwback KI shirt? I saw him but he has on pants and no flashing headband.

The Earth is the proper name of a planet, and thus should always be capitalized.

It was me, but I went to the hotel and changed after I had an interview with WDTN.

s6a4.jpg

video'll be posted later.

• Like 17

We are about 30 miles out now....finally making our destination......have reservations at the Great Wolf Lodge.....I hope that's a nice place to stay. Cause we are beat.

Since this will be our first time at Kings Island, Does anyone have an order of rides we should go on? Banshee will be first of course, then we were thinking Beast, Diamondback, Vortex, etc. Is that a good order of rides?

• Like 5

We are about 30 miles out now....finally making our destination......have reservations at the Great Wolf Lodge.....I hope that's a nice place to stay. Cause we are beat.

Since this will be our first time at Kings Island, Does anyone have an order of rides we should go on? Banshee will be first of course, then we were thinking Beast, Diamondback, Vortex, etc. Is that a good order of rides?

On opening day of one of the most highly anticipated rides in park history? Your guess is as good as mine. I haven't the slightest clue what the crowds are going to do tomorrow, other than swarm Banshee. Anything is possible, really.

• Like 4

Can't forget Firehawk!

or you know The Bat... :P

• Like 3

Ride Adventure Express as many times as possible as well as the Scrambler, Monster, Zephyr, and Shake Rattle & Roll.

Sometimes the smallest rides are the best.

• Like 4