Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

They will have a Plinko board for sure. I haven't seen a wheel though.

I'm not sure if Plinko is a registered trademark so it is capitalized to avoid the plague.

Plinko is a registered trademark of FremantleMedia Operations B.V., the producer of The Price is Right.

• Like 4

Wonder if Don Helbig was there so early cause the trains have arrived??

According to the twitter feed, he posted this "@Fox19Kelly will be live this morning from the Banshee construction site."

Does anyone know what was discussed? I heard a story on the news last night about it being completed (track work) but nothing interesting beyond that.

• Like 1

I would like it if they made it look like it never existed. Like cobblestone the whole area. For a retheme. That I think is happening. Wishful thinking....

I would imagine the whole area in front of Banshee will receive new pavers in place of concrete. See Diamondback and WindSeeker for examples of the love the surrounding area will receive because of a new attraction. This is a big reason Flight Deck became The Bat. New major ride = Beautification of surrounding areas.

• Like 6

I would like it if they made it look like it never existed. Like cobblestone the whole area. For a retheme. That I think is happening. Wishful thinking....

If that were to happen, why remove only the circle? If that section were to be repaved, then that fresh concrete/ cement will stick out with the older concrete. It would look like a giant grey circle among a plaza of a slightly lighter grey. Sorry if this doesn't make much sense

One thing that just occured to me, and if this has been discussed before and I missed it, my apologies for bringing it up again....

Handicapped access....

I haven't seen any indiciation on the drawing that there is going to be a handicapped access way into the station, but I'm sure there will be, as there is with every ride... thoughts?

Also, do we know if Banshee will be part of ERT this year?

Finally.... part of a circle can be seen here, so maybe they are just re-doing it?

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/images/uploads/file/Banshee01_8x10_300dpi.jpg

Here you go, Kat! :)

I've been looking at the station renderings, but I cannot tell where the ADA ramp or elevator might end up being located. I'm certain there will be one or the other somewhere in the structure. Anyone have any ideas?

Yes. In the official renderings from the station designer site it is located next to the exit stairs, on the side closest to the back of the ride.
It will be an elevator similar to what most CP rides have

And...

There will be a gift shop and ride photo located in the station building. Not shown in the rendering is another set of doors by the staircase on the left where riders who just got off of the train will enter the ride photo area. The elevator lift for wheelchairs will be adjacent to the exit stair case.

• Like 3

Finally.... part of a circle can be seen here, so maybe they are just re-doing it?

It's a rendering. Things are seen in renderings all the time that don't appear in the final product. I have a feeling they didn't yet know what they wanted to do with the area, so just left the circle in for the rendering.

• Like 5

One thing that just occured to me, and if this has been discussed before and I missed it, my apologies for bringing it up again....

Handicapped access....

I haven't seen any indiciation on the drawing that there is going to be a handicapped access way into the station, but I'm sure there will be, as there is with every ride... thoughts?

But in the rendering The Bat was shown as Flight Deck. Like rcwizard13 said, some things displayed in the renderings are not finalized.

• Like 9

Handicapped access....

But in the rendering The Bat was shown as Flight Deck. Like rcwizard13 said, some things displayed in the renderings are not finalized.

Renderings are just that. Not a final product, just a preview. I don't understand why people are so drawn back by things not looking the same as that video.

I am curious to see where they decide to put up the lockers for the ride. The front gate ones aren't really that far away when you think about it, but it was the same deal with Gatekeeper as far as the lockers went.

• Like 2

Thanks for all the info, everyone. I'm a curious person, and don't think about things such as renderings and the inaccuracy of such :P Now I am going to spend the remainder of my break taking a virtual ride on Banshee :)

• Like 1

If there were going to, they probably would have had it featured in the original renderings.
It is, after all, the same computer model for all the videos, just different camera paths.

So I had a thought.

The park opens April 18th. at 12:00 till 22:00.
Does this basically mean since it's opening day and all that, there's a chance Banshee will still be operating well into the night? Maybe even till 00:00? Cause with the way the lines work usually, as long as you have gotten in line in time, you can ride. Only being opening day, I'd expect there to be several hours worth of a wait for Banshee.

• Like 3

If there were going to, they probably would have had it featured in the original renderings.

It is, after all, the same computer model for all the videos, just different camera paths.

So I had a thought.

The park opens April 18th. at 12:00 till 22:00.

Does this basically mean since it's opening day and all that, there's a chance Banshee will still be operating well into the night? Maybe even till 00:00? Cause with the way the lines work usually, as long as you have gotten in line in time, you can ride. Only being opening day, I'd expect there to be several hours worth of a wait for Banshee.

Banshee will most definitely tun till at least 23:00 guaranteed. I would've be surprised for it to still have a 2 to 3 hour wait at line closure.

• Like 1