Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

Wow Banshee is looking great, been awhile since I've been on I don't think the zero g roll was even completed. Time flies when u have a newborn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the baby! How old? Boy or girl? Name? (yes, I really am that bored with this current topic that resulted from boredom)

For Diamondback, we got in the park at about 10:30, and then directly got in line about where the approach to the splash-down hill crosses the midway in front of The Beast-area Arcade. It was about a 4-hour wait for us. I think it will be somewhat similar for Banshee, so prepare accordingly -- (This post brought to you by the letter 'P' ;)).

• Like 7

Opening day 2009 I saw Diamondback's line almost wrapped around itself. When the park opened the end of the line was where the Reds Hall of Fame Grille is and heading towards The Beast. I got in line when it got down to Chick-fil-A and waited about 2 hours I think.

I'm guessing the line will be long all day. With it being on a Friday you'll have the people that are off work there when they open, then once the line begins to get shorter, the people that had to work will show up. Then the people who were there when the park opened will be back in line for the night ride coupled with the off work crowd and it will be the longest it has been all day.

Did you get all that? Yes, it will be a mess.

• Like 6

Now that we have driven completely off topic, let me bring it back around. What is your guess on the wait time for Banshee on opening day. I.e. - what is the longest wait time throughout the day?

I'm going to guess 3 hours, maybe 4.

• Like 4

I wonder how long it will be on media day. Is anyone going to the event that night? I want to but I don't think I will be able to. You have to raise $100 and if I don't I'd have to come up with the money myself or be out the $25 registration money and issue refunds lol I'll think about it though. I may just see about taking the 17th and 18th off (PTO and floating holiday)

• Like 1

I'm gonna wait until early-mid June to ride Banshee. WHY? Because most kids are at school and the park is sooo much more lighter in traffic.

I couldn't wait that long!!! It's hard enough waiting just until April 17th!

• Like 3

I know I asked this before, but if it was answered, I never saw it and don't have time to search back about 5 pages or so and try to find the answer....

Is Banshee going to be part of ERT this year, or do we even know that information yet?

I'm gonna wait until early-mid June to ride Banshee. WHY? Because most kids are at school and the park is sooo much more lighter in traffic.

I couldn't wait that long!!! It's hard enough waiting just until April 17th!

wont there be 1000 schools their on senior trips, music trips, physics trips and other school trips though? I always find that the most annoying time to go. Line jumping, barely clothed young teens, and not to mention getting caught in line with young teens having very loud and inappropriate conversations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

For Diamondback opening day we got in line for traffic at 5:30. Then the parking lot opened at 6 and we waited in line at the security gate (no longer around) for 2 hours and then the park plaza opened at 8. Gold Pass people where staged at the entrance at Nickelodeon Universe just behind the SDATHC entrance while the others where staged behind the Royal Fountain for 1 hour. Then at 9 the ride opened to Gold Pass holders for the first time after a quick running of the bulls to the ride's entrance. We got on quickly after a 15 minute wait and the ride was opened to the rest of the park's non-Gold Pass holders at 10.

• Like 4

I think that's a miscalculation. My kids get out of school at the end of May this year. You might show up and find the park much busier than what you expect.

• Like 4

I wonder how long it will be on media day. Is anyone going to the event that night? I want to but I don't think I will be able to. You have to raise $100 and if I don't I'd have to come up with the money myself or be out the $25 registration money and issue refunds lol I'll think about it though. I may just see about taking the 17th and 18th off (PTO and floating holiday)

I am. Raising the money is fairly easy. I'm currently sitting at just over $500. I've had several individuals donate on top of doing split the pot at work with the money going towards the fundraiser. It's my first time taking part in something lile this and I have enjoyed it so far.

• Like 3

As much as a media day extravaganza sounds great, and, as much as riding on opening day sounds wonderful, I simply abhor waiting in lines to the point that I absolutely refuse to deal with that nonsense.

To quote Van Halen, "I'll Wait". Another day or two won't kill me. Waiting in lines like that might.

• Like 5

I am. Raising the money is fairly easy. I'm currently sitting at just over $500. I've had several individuals donate on top of doing split the pot at work with the money going towards the fundraiser. It's my first time taking part in something lile this and I have enjoyed it so far.

I could ask co-workers :) after all, one co-worker that I don't know on 1st shift has the order form for GS cookies sitting out on the desk by the break room for her granddaughter LOL

• Like 1