Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

Guest KingsIslandPR

So it has been very quiet on the Banshee construction for a while.

Figure that they have off till end of year? Seems odd but possible.

It's far from quiet around the Banshee construction site. Not all the work being done is visible from the webcam.

• Like 21

Guest KingsIslandPR

Happy Holidays Don!

I am curious. Does KI still shut down for a holiday break Christmas - New Years? If so, will construction also halt?

(I apologize if this has been covered previously.)

Happy Holidays to you, too!

The construction will not come to a halt for a holiday break for Chistmas to New Years.

• Like 13

Banshee track progress has been at a standstill for the past week, delayed probably for thanksgiving. The Bat is starting to show its orange at the beginning of the lift hill, its faint if you look at the webcam..

Guest KingsIslandPR

Banshee track progress has been at a standstill for the past week, delayed probably for thanksgiving. The Bat is starting to show its orange at the beginning of the lift hill, its faint if you look at the webcam..

There have not been any delays. The construction crews spent last week moving supports and pieces of track into the next area where track will be installed.

• Like 14

I know it has been said before but we all really appreciate you taking the time to update a few enthusiasts Don! It shows that you enjoy your job. I think we sure ask a lot of him, and he delivers. On more on topic note will they start electric work while construction is still going on or is that the last step? I had to edit this before I posted so my question did not get Terped ,,, i know someone knows. : )

• Like 13

Don, I have a few curious questions- and maybe this has been asked before, so my apologies if it has been. This is in regards to the former Son of Beast roller coaster; remember him?

1) when was the last time a person rode the coaster? did anyone physically ride it after the last time it was publicly shut down for ride "experience" purposes?

2) when was the last time a coaster train ran the course?

3) when was the decision made to demolish? My guess is late '10.

Just happened to wonder the above. My guess is that the timeline for a coaster from initial concept to first ride is in the 30-36 month range.

• Like 6

This is a bad picture but what you don't see is the employee entrance and security post 3 was completely removed. We all know how bad the main lot is but for those who work at the park we defiantly know how bad the employee lot is and how outdated much of the offices are in the associate area. I'm glad the park is investing into its workers from all levels along with the guests.

• Like 15

Back on the subject of Banshee, I'm not sure if these numbers are correct (excluding the 126ft Dive Loop which was posted on KI's Facebook) but it appears as if these are the heights of what I'm guessing to be the lift hill loop (110ft) and either the batwing or the drop from the zero-g roll (139ft). The article also says that 6/7 inversions will be over 100ft tall which seems very reasonable. Check it out!

Back on the subject of Banshee, I'm not sure if these numbers are correct (excluding the 126ft Dive Loop which was posted on KI's Facebook) but it appears as if these are the heights of what I'm guessing to be the lift hill loop (110ft) and either the batwing or the drop from the zero-g roll (139ft). The article also says that 6/7 inversions will be over 100ft tall which seems very reasonable. Check it out!

well then thank you for that. and i agree that the 139ft will be the second dive loop because it looks huge in the animation vids.

• Like 1

Don, I have a few curious questions- and maybe this has been asked before, so my apologies if it has been. This is in regards to the former Son of Beast roller coaster; remember him?

1) when was the last time a person rode the coaster? did anyone physically ride it after the last time it was publicly shut down for ride "experience" purposes?

Just happened to wonder the above. My guess is that the timeline for a coaster from initial concept to first ride is in the 30-36 month range.

I'm not Don but I believe I know the answer to #1. I believe that Don previously said that park executives were the last people to ride the ride, but I may be wrong.

• Like 2

I'm not Don but I believe I know the answer to #1. I believe that Don previously said that park executives were the last people to ride the ride, but I may be wrong.

I remember him saying that also.

• Like 1