Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

^ I'll add to that and say that there are only a finite number of possibilities as far as how the operations will go.

I think we can safely assume that the train on the lift hill won't be able to be released onto the course until the train ahead of it has safely passed through the first set of brakes at the end of the ride. We also know that the train isn't being sent up the lift by launching it - either by LIMs, LSMs, cannon or by a band of circus elephants. There is going to be a point on the ride - be it once the train is released from the lift, the first vertical loop, etc. where the next train can be released in the station. Those are all pretty strict parameters so there are only so many different solutions.

Sure, we (as the general public) don't know exactly how operations will function but I haven't seen anyone definitively stating that they do know either. Some of us have offered some ideas as to how we think that it may work, but that's it. We'll all likely know for sure - at the latest - once testing starts, at which point we'll all have our spirits lifted a bit (no pun intended).

• Like 2

Thanks for the photo update! Everytime I see updates I get more excitement for the attraction, and now with certain investigations, I notice that this may be one of the most "highly themed" B&M attractions in the CF chain.

@thedevariouseffect, here's a few pics of the final break run i took during a construction tour on closing day if it help! IMG_4528.jpg

IMG_4527.jpg

IMG_4563.jpg

IMG_4568.jpg

either your camera is really good or the sun has effects on the track because it appears to be glowing purple almost a tad pinkish and i havent seen any pics with the color popping out like this.

What caught my attention in Ohiocoasterman's awesome album was picture 27. It showed a close-up of the most recent piece of track to be installed, at the end of the zero-g roll. There are 4 brackets between the last two ties on that track element. Looks like a prime location for a trim break to be installed.

With most B&Ms I've seen, trim brake locations have two cylindrical holes cut through the spine of the track which are perpendicular to the rails. These holes are where the solenoids for the trim brakes fit.

What has me confused is the fact that these holes are not present at the same location as the brackets in the picture. Maybe it's something similar to Millennium Force where the brackets are on the track for trims but the brakes have not actually been installed.

...Until I see you post your knowledge here to help us decode and figure stuff out and contribute to discussion, not ridicule myself or others with assinine comments I don't really care what you have to say..

How does the saying go? Those who talk, don't know and those who don't talk. know? Something like that?

• Like 1

Two questions just because. 1. Why is CP (as in Cedar Point) Rundown at KI :P 2. When will the video interview be released.

Also I'm still wondering if we won't dig a bit out, that ride is right on clearance haha. Great shots, I wish I could have been there to see all that but ah well, I'll get my chance before I go hopefully

Also quick edit, lots of wires, proxies, and a few OP panels are already in place, pretty nifty. Also the chain isn't on yet, darn. That's always a cool thing to see happen.

Who is doing all the electrical btw? On site electrical controls techs, Adena, or another company. That's alot of wiring to get done, just darn.

So you're saying that you know and aren't willing to talk but are also ridiculing people for not knowing information that you know but aren't willing to share said information.

OR you're saying Devon has no understanding of what he is saying (which is the opposite of the truth) and is just talking to talk or stir the pot.

Yes on all accounts but one. I call out people for not knowing what they are talking about and try to play it off like they do.

• Like 1

@thedevariouseffect, here's a few pics of the final break run i took during a construction tour on closing day if it help! Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

either your camera is really good or the sun has effects on the track because it appears to be glowing purple almost a tad pinkish and i havent seen any pics with the color popping out like this.
Nothing special, just an iPhone 5 camera, but thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What in this post did I talk about that I stated as a fact. I guessed how operations were on this ride...Guessed...

What the hell is your problem, you still aren't contributing anything to this discussion...For your whole people speak don't know quote. It's a forum, the whole idea is to talk. I don't understand how you don't visualize this point. Secondly that quote was mainly used in discussion on KI's 2014 details when practically everything was speculation. Anyways...

Again as I've said several times. Several things you put me down on I was right (footer style per manufacturer, arrow operations, park ride operations, and now possibly this), and still you do and say nothing to contribute basically anything to the discussions. I may not know everything, I've admitted to that before. Would I love to know everything, hell yes, I'm wanting to be a doc or an engineer depending on how my AF career goes lol, it's just a part of who I am. Do I have a great bit of operational knowledge about the parks in 2 years of being associated with it, at CP, and a gf who next year is getting a possible promotion and is affiliated with it's operations for three years, and several of her friends and a few of my own, several cp maint ties still, a few area managers there, and a common enthusiast interest in this stuff? The answer is yes. I have knowledge, what I do have I spread, what I don't know I troubleshoot and brainstorm, and figure out the answer when possible.

If all you're going to do is just be a negative prick towards myself for basically no reason (I mean what I post is helping us brainstorm and work stuff out that we're interested in), then just gtfo the page and go back to something that I guess suits your I'm better than everyone else mentality.

Seriously dude, just..it's pretty pathetic. I mean literally your posts haven't contributed really a darn thing here. If you're all knowledgeable, let it out, until then sit yourself down and just read like a good little boy...

• Like 13

So you're saying that you know and aren't willing to talk but are also ridiculing people for not knowing information that you know but aren't willing to share said information.

OR you're saying Devon has no understanding of what he is saying (which is the opposite of the truth) and is just talking to talk or stir the pot.

Yes on all accounts but one. I call out people for not knowing what they are talking about and try to play it off like they do.

I am learning a lot about various facets of coasters. I love riding them, but delving into the engineering of it all is brand new to me. If you have more knowledge on said topic, instead of busting his chops, tell me and the rest of the forum why. I love being educated on things. This is a forum of enthusiasts and I guarantee if you have knowledge, others would like to know. If you have knowledge or contrary information, share it and let it be debated. As I have seen people on this forum love a debate.

You come across that you just do not like him. I get you may not like him, because I have a feeling you aren't on his Christmas card list either. If you are going to call someone out, rise above the cattiness of a 15 year old girl and share with us your vast amounts of knowledge. I personally would like to hear what you have to say.

• Like 10

^ and to add on to that the post, the statement of his you originally quoted said that since he had been in ride operations, he had an intrest in knowing how it worked. I, nor has anyone else seen him refer to himself as "an expert". Let's all act our age and maybe santa will bring us some presets this year.

• Like 4

I "get it." Don "gets it." I don't understand why some of you other folks don't get it. Oh well. Have fun "speculating" on how operations are gonna go.

Operations Pro Tip: guests board the ride, restrains will come down and be checked, ride will be dispatched.

What makes you an apparent expert? Do you work at or for a park? Engineer? Work for a manufacturer? Educated about roller coasters? I know nothing about you at all, so this is asked out of a serious inquiry, not a slam to dis you.

• Like 3

Alright can we quit playing the "I know more than you" game and focus on the fact that the ride envelope touches the ground.

Speaking of which, would a shovel actually fix the problem, or will there be concrete there now? It seems like dirt would re-settle if you just dug some out.

Also, I second LoraX's request to know AZ Kinda Guy's credentials. Not because I'm slamming him, either, but because he seems to be a knowledgeable (albeit grumpy ;) ) guy, and I've never heard why.

• Like 4

I "get it." Don "gets it." I don't understand why some of you other folks don't get it. Oh well. Have fun "speculating" on how operations are gonna go.

Operations Pro Tip: guests board the ride, restrains will come down and be checked, ride will be dispatched.

Saying that is quite the insult to anyone who has ever operated a ride ever. The great amount of things that goes into a safe and efficient ride are insultingly simplified in your "Pro Tip". Unless you have operated a ride what you said has no credibility. But if you have operated a ride before and that's just your opinion on how to operate a ride and I'll respect that.

• Like 5

.....I don't see restraints come down at the waterpark...... BB1, a waterpark "wizard".

If I remember long ago, I think I know what they were, but I'd rather hear from the source.

So right now we have the basic under-side gift shop up from what it looks like. We still have the pallets stacked near Drop Tower, though if they are for the Banshee, I would expect those to go on for the gift shop and the station in the upcoming month.