Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

I will hold back on telling the wife it's the Batwing element, when she already decided it was the 'Pretzel part' when we were there for the announcement. Not wise to argue with a 9 month pregnant woman! :P Especially when she spent watching 'us' ride while she watched last summer! She is hungry for KI and CP coaster rides this season, she has Gatekeeper and Banshee rolling in the back of her mind! She don't know but were going platinum! ;)

• Like 14

I agree completely! I didn't know what to think about the company taking over at first, adding new rides and attractions that everyone wanted is one thing, but maintaining public appeal by considering historical elements is another completely. I don't mind a business considering bottom line (which is always necessary), but every business has the opportunity to consider what is best for their customers and I believe Cedar Fair does a good job balancing the two. On a side note, it's interesting to see how public interest has exploded with attraction announcements. Most of the announcements up until to Diamondback were like corporate meetings that the public was invited to...then Banshee comes along and it's like a full blown rock concert! I see nothing but a promising future for this park!

• Like 11

Even more than the Cedar Fair transition(which I was skeptical about but have since embraced) I am very happy that we now have Don and Mr. Ouimet. I probably sound like a broken record by now but these two individuals have shown that they truly care about guest experiences (it does not hurt that Don is a fellow coaster lover!) from enthusiast to casual park goers. Thanks Mr. Helbig and please pass the message on to Mr. Ouimet!

• Like 12

I remember "KingsIslandPR" saying back in, I think July, "Keep the weekend before the Super Bowl open." For a possible winter construction tour?....

Has there been any more talks of this?.....I was just curious, as the weekend before the Super Bowl would be the 25th-26th of this month.

• Like 4

well the next track piece is attached to crane but wonder if they will wait till tomorrow to hang due to cold/wind?

As for tours, there have been quite a few and Don must do those in his sleep. I really appreciated his tour for the

ACE conference winter party. Not sure how much more they will do of tours.

• Like 1

Word on the street is, there will not be a place to put personal items on Banshee! *Round of Applause*

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If they will hold souvenir cups as they once did for Firehawk, then that's fine. Everything else I bring with me fits in my pockets.

If not, then they can expect to make a LOT less money on drinks from me. Because I'll drink water before I'll pay for a locker.

• Like 12

Word on the street is, there will not be a place to put personal items on Banshee! *Round of Applause*

If they will hold souvenir cups as they once did for Firehawk, then that's fine. Everything else I bring with me fits in my pockets.

If not, then they can expect to make a LOT less money on drinks from me. Because I'll drink water before I'll pay for a locker.

I agree. My wife and I bought a souvenir bottle last season because we liked the 99 cent refills. However, if we can't take it on Banshee or leave it in the station then we will skip it this season. By the time you factor in the price of locker rentals, that 99 cent refill becomes less and less of a bargain. That's frustrating a bit.

• Like 2

What is frustrating is waiting for people to place their hat, sunglasses, stuffed animal, basketball, and backpack in the bin before they sit down and buckle in.

If it cannot be secured to my person I do not carry it in the park or on the ride. Then again some folks approach KI as if they were visiting Disney and pack everything but the kitchen sink for the day.

• Like 8

I usually wear a pair of pants with a zipper on them that are good enough to wear in cold and warm weather as well as a jacket with zipper pockets too on cooler days. As far as drinks go, i usually just ask for multiple cups of water throughout the day. Everything else is left in the car and if i need it ill just return to my car for it, so the no loose article bin is great news!

• Like 1

I'm not one for taking in or carrying around lots of loose articles. Heck, I don't even bring a back pack. I wear my cargo shorts which is plenty fine to store my wallet and my keys. I always leave my cell phone safely secured in my car, hidden away from sight. However, even after all this, to think that I'd have to spend money on a locker in order to store my drink bottle just irritates me. No locker for me which means no drink purchase this season. I'd rather ride Banshee than sip on a drink anyways. So KI can view it however they want, they've lost both a locker sale and a drink sale from me.

• Like 3