Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

That brings up a whole other question. At Diamondback, shoes are required to ride. Will shoes be required to ride Banshee? If not, where will guests store their shoes (especially all the open toe shoes that are so prevalent these days in the warmer months.

You will find very few rides that you don't have to wear shoes on. Banshee will have a shoe policy I can guarantee that. As for a situation when you would have to evacuate down the lift hill- ouch.

..which is why for years Great Bear required you to sit on loose shoes.

• Like 7

CJ took a bow yesterday afternoon, so i wouldn't be shocked to see him come back to life today. Also, taking a look at the staging area, it looks like there is some track back there and there are supports currently being delivered. Maybe we'll see some more track being delivered today too.

• Like 7

That brings up a whole other question.  At Diamondback, shoes are required to ride.  Will shoes be required to ride Banshee?  If not, where will guests store their shoes (especially all the open toe shoes that are so prevalent these days in the warmer months.

You will find very few rides that you don't have to wear shoes on. Banshee will have a shoe policy I can guarantee that. As for a situation when you would have to evacuate down the lift hill- ouch.
..which is why for years Great Bear required you to sit on loose shoes.

They will probably have a loose article policy like Firehawk. Loose shoes and prescription eyewear they will hold onto. Everything else goes in a locker. I wish it was like Gatekeeper, where they can hold small personal items like a small Nike bag or such. I hate paying $2 for a locker that I won't need longer than half an hour lol

Yeah, wait times should be slightly worse than Diamondback 2009.
Capacity is slightly better, but we have a slightly bigger audience that can ride, and this last one I'm not sure of the numbers, but I like to believe that Kings Island has become at least a little bit more crowded/ popular since adding Diamondback.

• Like 5

They will probably have a loose article policy like Firehawk. Loose shoes and prescription eyewear they will hold onto. Everything else goes in a locker. I wish it was like Gatekeeper, where they can hold small personal items like a small Nike bag or such. I hate paying $2 for a locker that I won't need longer than half an hour lol

There's no rule that says you have to only use the lockers for that ride. If you're in the area and don't need your things for awhile, go ahead and ride some other rides so you don't have to carry your stuff around. They're safer in the locker anyways. The lockers can be opened multiple times, so you can retrieve something if you need it.

The locker is yours for the two hours you rented for it. Don't waste your money.

• Like 4

Although I enjoy watching Banshee rise, I am concerned for any workers in these temps. Frankly, I wish they would take the time off until temps rise. It's simply too cold to be assembling today. Surely they have buffer time for completion.

• Like 14

(In reply to Tuskin) I think so, only because we've never had an full circuit inverted at KI before (and no, Flying Ace doesn't count as it's a family coaster). Some could say the same for Diamondback (the park's first "true" hypercoaster), but we did have a wooden hypercoaster back in the day ;)

• Like 6

I think it will be, if this gets the attention that they really are putting into 2014 as an overall project I could see it.

The only thing I will say about opening day is watch the weather...Like CP opening day was...decent, media day was excellent. Hopefully the same fortune extends next year to KI. Minus the rain and wind the evening of CP 2013 opening day.

• Like 7

Depends on the worker. A lot of times construction workers only get paid if they are working. If they have to choose between working in this weather and not getting paid, some would surely choose to work.

Me? I'm sitting at home. lol

• Like 5

For one the workers are used to working in all weather conditions and I know from past project management experience they have exposure guidelines and requirements that are followed. So while they are working in these conditions I would say they are doing it wisely and are completing other jobs rather than raising steel.

The bigger concern I would have is how this weather is effecting a soon to reopen park a little ways south of KI that still needs to pour footings for its new coaster?

• Like 11

Right because weather is not a concern with construction projects. I would be shocked if it is open by mid summer. Maybe that is why the press release was late on a Saturday night. If people don't know about it they wont be upset when its not open.

• Like 6

I'm baffled by people on KI's Facebook!

They updated the Cover Photo of the track out of the Batwing element heading to the 2nd vertical loop and people swear the ride is from Cedar Point or they're taking it down already!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152476059428368&set=a.10150821122978368.513320.155893938367&type=1&theater

Wow... I had to restrain myself from replying to one woman. First she said, "I have it on a very reliable source that it is complete. Not sure if this is an older in process pic, or if maybe they had to remove some parts just to get through this Arctic blast but it is completed! Woo Hoo!" Someone replied to her that it's not done yet and to check out the live webcam, to which she responded, "Those cams aren't reliable, and I know the one who told me is, but I will also ask a worker who has been onsite on this since day one to confirm."

I almost replied with "So a LIVE webcam isn't reliable? A camera that shows you pictures of the coaster as it looks right at this moment? Wow... And why would they need to 'remove some parts just to get through this Arctic blast?'," but I didn't want to start an argument with someone who is completely ignorant of coaster constuction. Not that I'm all that knowledgeable on the subject myself, but at least I have some knowledge, plus enough sense to know that a live camera is more than likely showing me the truth. Seeing is believing, as they say.

• Like 18

I don't need no stinking live web cam to know the ride is not complete; I can use my own stinkin' eyes as I drive past KI twice each day. My lyin' eyes may decieve me from time to time, but they can't trick me believing a coaster with gaps is complete.

• Like 11

(In reply to Tuskin) I think so, only because we've never had an full circuit inverted at KI before (and no, Flying Ace doesn't count as it's a family coaster). Some could say the same for Diamondback (the park's first "true" hypercoaster), but we did have a wooden hypercoaster back in the day ;)

When did Kings Island first get a hyper coaster?

• Like 1