Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

Being that Skycoasters Inc have a bit of a hold on what happens with the Skycoasters CF owns/operates, I'm not sure about renames & stuff involving them such as paint. I mean they even scrutinize operations and stuff for the ride, which btw IMO has the best record in the business. Absolutely perfect operations and safety systems in place.

• Like 7

Some work is just....electrical.

Terp, who likes parades.

Please NO!!!!!!!!

The one and ONLY thing I did not like about working at Magic Kingdom every night was that dumb parade and it's annoying music. Now driving the vacs and racing time between parade and Wishes, down Frontierland was fun.

• Like 3

Being that Skycoasters Inc have a bit of a hold on what happens with the Skycoasters CF owns/operates, I'm not sure about renames & stuff involving them such as paint. I mean they even scrutinize operations and stuff for the ride, which btw IMO has the best record in the business. Absolutely perfect operations and safety systems in place.

Has anyone questioned the safety of the ride, manufactuer or operator? I believe all anyone said was that it was in desperate need of some fresh paint, otherwise it will be an eyesore, at least in my opinion (of course I thought that last season before Banshee was even announced, so I think it will only look worse next to her beauty.)

• Like 2

I really do think they will be painting it, I'm not sure why, but I guess after following their patterns... it seems like its next. However they don't want to announce everything at once. My guess is each month we might find out a little more.. Banshee announcement, Bat announcement.. what's next, because I really don't think that is all.

I don't think painting the supports for skyflyer is even announcement worthy (unless they were going to change the color of the supports). Going from gray with lots of rust showing to gray with all the rust covered up will probably go unnoticed by 90% of the park partons.

• Like 1

With all the catching up on this thread I did today (15 pages worth) I noticed lots of talk of The Bat-wing/pretzel or batzel element. That really does not sit well with me for some reason, calling it batzel just sounds very strange. So I would like to propose a new name for that element......wait for it: The Pretzel-Wing!

Okay now I am hungry for Pretzels and Chicken Wings. I guess that isn't any better of a name!

• Like 2

Looks like that target is gone for good! *sigh* bye for good Paramount. However, I do like the idea of putting a graveyard there. I hope also with this supposed re-theme, that all the rides (except of course Invertigo) get a fresh new paint job. I think the only ride that could probably fit with the scenery as it is is Congo Falls, of course the name would have to change to something like, "Renaissance River" or something.

Has anyone questioned the safety of the ride, manufactuer or operator? I believe all anyone said was that it was in desperate need of some fresh paint, otherwise it will be an eyesore, at least in my opinion (of course I thought that last season before Banshee was even announced, so I think it will only look worse next to her beauty.)

The point bringing it up was in the first sentence. Here let me repeat that for you.

Being that Skycoasters Inc have a bit of a hold on what happens with the Skycoasters CF owns/operates, I'm not sure about renames & stuff involving them such as paint'

There I even bolded it

For more iteration on why I also included their level of involvement in the attraction with sentence two. I'm tired and it's been a long and grueling day, you can go reread that.

That is why it was brought up. Hopefully I have clarified the reasoning

V/R

• Like 3

^^I figured I needed that tidbit..It's one of those days..lots of patients, got yelled at for something I didn't even do, which caused something else apparently..

Just..ugh, welcome back first day of work..Ah well, I've been chewed out before, I'm not that concerned. Especially considering what was stated wasn't even on me. Got blamed for patients getting to providers late even when the patient checks in past the no show time and was still seen..

Sigh

• Like 3

I understood that part, even appreciate it as I'm sure many don't realize that bit. But there were several points about their safety record, which I didn't realize was in question. I'm sure there is wording in their contract regarding the maintance and upkeep of Skyflyer, and I don't really care who has to pay for the painting of Skyflyer, my only point is, that it needs a fresh coat of paint and I hope that was taken into consideration for their offseason plans given the amount of attention that part of the park is going to see this season.

• Like 1

Military, making everything acronyms since ever :D

I see what you're saying but either I don't get your point or you don't get mine.

The way the company is involved with the ride on KI's property may mean it doesn't have the ability to be painted and whatnot, or if so may be a bit more difficult than KI just saying, hey let's paint The Bat this year. That's why I brought those points up. Honestly that would be nice to see it repainted, I don't think by 2014 it will happen but in the future that would be great.

Come to think of it, while on my mind, are there any Skycoasters installed anywhere in the world that feature bright and exciting paint jobs. Every one I've personally seen is the same bland silver paint.

Thanks btw, I'll be find, steak for dinner after some PT, then maybe a beer. Actually yeah a beer

• Like 3

^^I figured I needed that tidbit..It's one of those days..lots of patients, got yelled at for something I didn't even do, which caused something else apparently..

Just..ugh, welcome back first day of work..Ah well, I've been chewed out before, I'm not that concerned. Especially considering what was stated wasn't even on me. Got blamed for patients getting to providers late even when the patient checks in past the no show time and was still seen..

Sigh

On the bright side, if you still get to go to guam, you won't have to deal with weather like this for a couple more seasons :)

Hope your day gets better.

• Like 4

they should consider adding a mosileum tunnel at the bottom of the pretzel loop/batwing. it would fit very well with the graveyard theme and have a cool effect

If you're gonna use the term pretzel, it should follow with "knot" rather than "loop".

Me,

Failing, yet again, to keep to myself.

--

On the other hand, Don said there's no plans for any tunnels. So if one were ever to be added, I'd be surprised if it were a mausoleum styled one! Though, I do think it could be really snazzy!

• Like 3