Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

I am thinking that is the circle that the new Banshee sign will go in like in the renderings.

That's awful far away from the queue if you think about it. Yeah, the Banshee sign will go in like the renderings, just not there.

I am thinking that is the circle that the new Banshee sign will go in like in the renderings.

The sign will, more than likely, not go where the circle was. It will be near the line entrance.

I agree. I know it'll be sort of like Gatekeeper's plaza/entrance sign, I would love a waterfall for Banshee, maybe a red one :D

• Like 6

I don't believe it was painted concrete, I believe it was stained, or colored concrete that was poured.

It's called "Increte." and is indeed stained concrete. The color in increte cannot be removed, the concrete must be removed completely. Many parks use increte... and are using it more an more. It's known in the construction industry for it's ability to not only take and retain color/stain, but also it's ability to produce stamped patterns.

http://www.increte.com/

• Like 11

^^Does this apply to webcam captures and construction progress renderings as well?

On a different track, at the rate the construction crew moved yesterday, I can't imagine they won't complete the course today. They already have the first support up.

I would think that webcam captures would be an exception, since a webcam image from 5 minutes ago will no longer be available on any Kings Island website. But I'd recommend waiting for official word, just as a precaution.

• Like 4

The parks want to get the credit for the photos as well as the social media traffic. They want to gain followers, likes, and other social media activity. Which makes sense, that is why the photos are taken in the first place. Lets just respect the park as they do so much for us.

In which they can turn around and boast hits to potential advertisers. Money folks$$$$ it's what makes the world go 'round

• Like 4

I get the linking thing. They want the traffic. But the capitalization thing I don't get. This sounds more like someone's pet peeve than any corporate level issue. No one is going to confuse Coke and Coke. And I guarantee that Coke would rather you say "I had a Coke", than "I had a soft drink". This is a fan site. We are the people who pay their bills. Being picky over a simple capitalization thing just seems like playing grammar police to me. Misusing a name in a way that would confuse people, leaving sponsor names out completely, or intentionally distorting a name, I could see a problem with, but warning users and banning them over it? Eh. And I say this as a person who runs an entertainment company that almost lost its biggest sponsor over sponsor logos and names being left out of media reports that we had no control over. I get that dealing with companies can be tricky and they get territorial even within divisions of the same company, but I can't conceive of a situation where a sponsorship or a relationship with a fan site would be jeopardized over the grammar of a person who is not an employee of one of the parties involved.

• Like 8

As far as the grammar topic goes, on things being capitalized or not, I can see the points on both sides. When I first joined this site, way back in 2005, I posted without any specific attention to spelling and or grammar. It is then that I first ran into the man who goes by Terpy. He explained it in a matter that made sense. So, after stubbornly removing my ego, I followed suit. I don't remember everything he said word for word, but it went something along the lines of: This is a community that likes to use correct spelling and grammar, and a way for everyone to learn from each other. That being said, please make sure you check and double check your spelling and grammar as we want to help teach everyone and not let this site run off on a tangent of incorrectness. While I can certainly agree with all of that I also understand the minority of capitalizing specific words. While I see the grammar police side, I also have parts of me that does not think of it as being a big deal. As long as you are naming said company, whether you capitalized their name or not, is better than not at all IMO.

• Like 6

Guest KingsIslandPR

Some on this site may not think it is a big deal but as Terpy has pointed out numerous times, brands do care how their products are spelled and the proper terminology is being used (Batwing versus Pretzel, for example).

• Like 24

Well OK if it will make things go more smoothly I will try to use correct grammar and capitalization in my posts. No biggie. I think a lot of us get spoiled from things like texting on our phones and whatnot, and never capitalize and massively shorten words to get the text sent out quicker. I know I am first in line on this bad habit... i.e.; using "u" for "you" or "r" for "are" etc. etc. I will do my best to keep my English skills sharper....I am all for it.

On a completely different note; is King's Island website having problems? I can seem to open ANY of their pages. Is anyone else having an issue with this?

Edited by steveinphoenix
  • Like 3

Guest KingsIslandPR

While at the Banshee construction site today and looking at the ride, you're not going to know which way is up, down, or sideways while you're screaming your way through the seven inversion, especially over the second half of the ride. Simply put, the ride experience on this coaster is going to be incredible!

• Like 29

Some on this site may not think it is a big deal but as Terpy has pointed out numerous times, brands do care how their products are spelled and the proper terminology is being used (Batwing versus Pretzel, for example).

Perfect example:

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2013/04/29/top-4-dinosaur-theme-parks/

That's one of the top four news media outlets in the nation with online readers in the millions misspelling a name while promoting a recent attraction.

In other news, I'm still hoping for "Batwing" chicken wings as a menu item this upcoming season.

• Like 8

Some ask is it really that big of a deal regarding brands and capitalization. Well during the construction of Diamondback a rather famous or infamous imaginary structure was built on the Diamondback construction forum, the "TrailerTower." Which honestly took on a life of its own, but was removed fairly quickly once it became sponsored by a non Coca-Cola beverage that invokes images of mountains in the early morning. All traces of those photoshopped images were removed as well. Now a days the TrailerTower is a reminder of how important and serious things like branding, capitalization, and park sponsors are on this site.

One of the many reasons this site has the access and favor it does...

• Like 8

While at the Banshee construction site today and looking at the ride, you're not going to know which way is up, down, or sideways while you're screaming your way through the seven inversion, especially over the second half of the ride. Simply put, the ride experience on this coaster is going to be incredible!

You had better get some good video footage for me so I can blow it up on the big screen :P

Before I leave I still need to meet with you btw since I couldn't get the XMas gift to you during the party or a January tour

• Like 2

Great scott, Don is posting regularly.....

It is odd to think that at one point, we were there....

Now, we have The Bat being painted, the Banshee going up like no tomorrow, and snow on the ground.

• Like 5

I don't think anyone on here(or at least I haven't seen anyone) saying its ok to intentionally misspell any copyrights(even though many copyrights are intentional misspellings ironically) I thought the debate about what to call the batwing element as nothing more than discussion, though apparently some others took it more seriously. Now, I see the tower trailer deal as monumentally different situation as that was promoting a competing sponsor. If it was branded the Coke(or even Coke) trailer tower I don't think that reaction would have occurred. If someone was intentionally not capitalizing something repeatedly, sure, say something. But an occasional, accidental non capitalization does not require the forum police to call the poster out. When you factor in that many times people are posting from phones and autocorrect will often change what you typed, its kinda petty to make an issue out of it.

• Like 2

(giggle...What about that other song? :)

I was there during the more tolerable SpectroMagic days, which I wish Disney would bring back even if most of the floats are no longer useable in their current state. IMO, the MSEP has run its course (again). In this magic night...

• Like 4