Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

I don't post a lot on here. I mostly just read through them, and no offense to anyone but it's getting extremely boring trying to read through all of this for thoughts and information on Banshee and finding nothing but information on capitalization and trademarks. Can we not all just take the extra second to push down the shift key and move on from this.

• Like 8

I hope they start testing soon. Maybe, just maybe they can do it a bit early and have the water jugs come back frozen? lol.

j/k.

Ride is looking fantastic. Eager to see the station as KI does a great job with their stations on all of their rides.

Wondering how "Loud" Banshee will be, like, Raptor/Mantis loud?

I will say this. The new restraints are great! Having ridden Gatekeeper a couple of times last year and then riding Raptor the newer restraints are much better. Looking forward to feeling them on an inverted coaster.

• Like 6

I don't post a lot on here. I mostly just read through them, and no offense to anyone but it's getting extremely boring trying to read through all of this for thoughts and information on Banshee and finding nothing but information on capitalization and trademarks. Can we not all just take the extra second to push down the shift key and move on from this.

Like every other thread on every other message board, there is only so much that can be said and the thread either dies or diverges in a different direction. When something new comes about that promotes further dialogue, it will be discussed again. At the moment, track is installed, trains have arrived, and there is a limited amount of work that can be visably seen. There will come a day, very soon, where the mystery of the missing Action Zone circle will be solved, testing will begin, first hand experiences will be shared. Until that time, there is very little to discuss at this point, until there is.

• Like 1

Even with not much going on at the moment, I'm pretty sure we can find more interesting things to discuss rather than the capitalization.

So moving on. I may have missed it ( honestly I just skimmed through the last few pages ) but is the chain for the lift hill installed yet?

• Like 1

I disagree. People would probably say something if you actually said you didn't like ice cream.

Personally I can't stand Ice Cream. I don't eat Ice Cream or cake. If the cake is made completely out of chocolate and I'm having a good day I might eat it. That's the only exception.

If they were to put a set of Flying Scooters in that circle in Action Zone I think Flying Sprites would be a fitting name.

• Like 3

I disagree. People would probably say something if you actually said you didn't like ice cream.

Personally I can't stand Ice Cream. I don't eat Ice Cream or cake. If the cake is made completely out of chocolate and I'm having a good day I might eat it. That's the only exception.

If they were to put a set of Flying Scooters in that circle in Action Zone I think Flying Sprites would be a fitting name.

I love the idea of Flying Scooters in that spot. Perhaps that's on the 2015 radar. If that is the case, it would make sense to replace it with a plain concrete pad instead of the target thing. And with The Coca-Cola Company as a park sponsor, maybe they could be the Flying Sprites, sponsored by Sprite :P

In response to a previous poster, I hope Banshee is every bit as loud as Mantis. Once that baby hits 68 miles per hour, you're going to hear some serious roar.

• Like 6

Hey! Check out Oktoberfest....dump trucks are right at the end of the Action Zone bypass...Looks like they are loading up with asphalt.

edit.....something is going on in front of the Adventure Express exit too.

It's most likely not asphalt, since all the midwest asphalt plants don't reopen for the season until March. There is 'cold-mix' aspahlt available now, but it is not as stable or long-lasting as traditional hot mix asphalt. If KI is going to repave some areas of the park, it will likely do so next month once the plants reopen.

Just goes to show you, Lowe's has made it's mark on Banshee.

I will be happy to see what the station will look like, with the Celtic church idea, it could easily line up for some spectacular theming, though, I am hesitant with the old story of the theme process.

• Like 5

I'm hoping for less concrete/pavers in the revamp of Action Zone and maybe some green, trees and bricked in areas - or even a circular fountain. That area completely lost its beauty over the last decade and I'm expecting the landscaping will blow everyone away when the park reopens. I'm still rooting for a Liberty Square Disney architecture style for that side of the park!

• Like 6

It looks bigger and bigger as time goes on. Now that there's more things to compare it to.

Perhaps it's only bigger on the inside.

EDIT: Looks like post 800 is a Doctor Who reference. I am OK with this on every possible level.

Shocking, isn't it? Are you sure you're not going to mess up any "Timey Wimey" things?

• Like 2

It looks bigger and bigger as time goes on. Now that there's more things to compare it to.

Perhaps it's only bigger on the inside.

EDIT: Looks like post 800 is a Doctor Who reference. I am OK with this on every possible level.

Shocking, isn't it? Are you sure you're not going to mess up any "Timey Wimey" things?

I can only hope that Banshee goes ding when there's stuff. Better still if it can boil an egg at 30 paces. Hopefully there are no hens at KI if that happens though...

Some coasters go ding before a train launches, so it isn't out of the question.

• Like 6