Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

People assume that Banshee is a straight progression of coaster elements, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective standpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, steely-wheelie stuff.

Banshee will surely be an experience that you don't want to miss for a moment. I would recommend that when riding, you don't blink. Don't even blink. After all, the ride is fast (faster than you could even believe).

Plus it's almost like a memorial now that the angels have the Son of Beast.

And all I can say about this diversion is that I'm sorry... I'm so sorry...

-homestar92, who managed to stay (relatively) on topic and discuss one of his favorite non-coaster hobbies all at the same time in this post that he is remarkably proud of.

• Like 8

My name is Lora. People never question it being capitalized. It is my name. When I get mail or my paycheck, all legal documents my name is capitalized. People question how it is spelled. I understand why, it's not the most common spelling. I have gone so far as to have people correct me on the pronunciation of it. (I had a sales person repeatedly calling me Law-ruh. I simply said no, it's Lo-rah. I then spelled out my name and told her my mom just did not know how to spell it.) However, I have frequently had to spell out my name L O R A. I have never had to say "Capital letter L." It's not necessary since it's *my name*.

If your name is Jonathan or Devan or Bill or Betty or any other name you expect your name to be capitalized as well. It's not debated. It's *your* name. It is what *you* are identified as.

So why is it so foreign of a concept to use capitalized letters for the names rides, companies, amusement parks, etc? Why is this debated? Why question why does it need to be done?

Additionally, this forum is free to us. It does not have excessive amounts of rules to follow. The TOS are simple, common sense requests.

It is truly sad people argue this when the PR of Kings Island has asked and the ones who run this site and the one who had been given repeated permission to correct it. No one has asked you to do anything beyond common courtesy, respect and to use correct capitalization. It is not about one slip up. It's about the continual and often intentional misuse of trademarked names.

I find it sad that this is such a huge issue someone had to create a way to correct this. I think that shows his level of seriousness regarding this matter. If he is being proactive to protect you, respect him and this site enough to use capitalization properly and not debate "why".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was going to let this topic die, but then I saw this post that is clearly directed towards me and had to address it. Terrible points all around.

When it's important, the first letter of your name is capitalized, just like it is with KI attractions.

On an internet message board though? I'm sure you've been called "lora" once or twice. It happens. It's an informal form of communication, people don't always use the best grammar/spelling/punctuation. I'm sure if I looked at your text messages, there'd at the very least be an occasional error here or there, right? Well message boards are traditionally about 1 step up from that as far as discussions go, on the formality scale.

Where on earth did you get capitalizing trademarked names as being a "foreign concept" to me? I've said SEVERAL times that everyone should do it!!! I've also said that I understand why KIC is asking us to do it!

I'm not arguing the rule! Where are you getting this from? I'm especially not arguing with KIC, even a little bit!

The end of the 5th paragraph, I disagree. It IS about the occasional slip-up. Out of every 100 times an attraction was referenced on here, maybe a couple times was one not capitalized. As far as intentional misuse, the only time I saw that was when someone unintentionally forgot to capitalize a name and got a response from Interpreter, and then to be a smart-alec they would do it intentionally, which I am certainly opposed to and think is WAY out of line. If you're asked to do something, DO IT! It's a PRIVILEGE to post on this website, not a right! So follow the rules!

What I disagree with the most is you thinking that me asking "why?" is a sign of disrespect to KIC. ONCE AGAIN, I FULLY UNDERSTAND WHY KIC WANTS US TO CAPITALIZE TRADEMARKED NAMES! I've only posted that like 10 times now, yet you STILL think I'm "debating" the rule with KIC? Why is that? I haven't been doing that at all!

To your last paragraph, what I find even more sad is when you are told to do something and others tell you that you shouldn't ask why. This is America, we'd still be a British colony if we did what we were told without asking "why?"

• Like 2

Then what is the question, I browsed the past couple posts you made and I must not be seeing it. I see more statements than questions. Be specific we might be able to finally spell it out then

I get why KIC wants us to capitalize trademarked names. I get why owners of trademarked names want to protect their trademarks. If there was rampant non-capitalization of names on here, I would get why CF would want something to be done about it. What I DON'T get, is why they would care if the occasional poster misspelled a CF trademarked name, or didn't capitalize the first letter of it. That is my question -- why would they care about that?

Again, it's all a moot point now as the issue has been resolved quite creatively by KIC, which I am impressed by. Just clearing up the point I was making.

I'll drop it for now, sorry for derailing the thread.

Read the section about trademark infringement. It explains why all brands fight to keep their brand names. It's to prevent the dilution of the brand into a common name that is synonymous with the brand name. People are often sued for infringement of brand names.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Trademarks

Here are some pending trademark infringement cases.

http://www.bing.com/news/search?q=Trademark+Infringement+Cases+2014&qpvt=trademark+infringement+cases+2014&FORM=EWRE

The guys are only reinforcing the capitalization for protection of brand names and actually anyone who might infringe on a trademarked name.

Protect yourself and the site by capitalizing trademarked names.....PLEASE!

I appreciate the reply and actually read through your first link there the first time you posted it, which is why I posted what I did in the bold text above.

Once again I apologize for the derailing the thread yet again, and will drop the topic as long as I don't get called out for something that was not my intention like LoraX did earlier.

Maybe you should ask Mr. Owl. He might know what its like

"One... Two-Hooooooo... Three..."

"Three."

I love the above webcam screenshot! To the wild imagination, the lights under the supports almost look as though they're flashing, like lightning strobes, as if part of some cool "thunder and lightning" theming being tested. I know, however, 'tis but flood lighting necessary for the present tasks at hand. But wouldn't it be neato?

• Like 6

Everyone quit hootin around......I'm here all day.

The pavers will look good, I kinda want to see some designs made with the pavers. I think it would be cool to see, where that big circle was, a paver design for the new themed area. If, indeed, it is a new themed area.

• Like 2

Those would be concrete blankets. When cement reacts with water in a chemical reaction known as hydration, it produces heat. Those footings were grouted (filling in the space between the top of the footing and the bottom of the ride column base plate). The blankets are there to keep the heat from this reaction in and around the grout to keep the water in the grout from freezing. If the water froze, it would not be able to properly react with the cement and it would not achieve its desires strength.

I hope that answers your question.

• Like 7

Whoa. I didn't realize the grays and blues of the station would be quite that light. The renderings show both a light version and a dark version, but I assumed the light version was just drawn to highlight the stone sort of pattern.

Actually, the color of the siding of the station is almost exactly as that of the renderings.

Check these renderings out and you'll see what I mean.....

Photo / rendering : Tony Ravagnani Architects website:

2ljq5g2.jpg

Rendering courtesy of Robbie Zerhusen of Tony Ravagnani Architects

• Like 6