Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

Those areas under the loops are not concrete, they are crushed gravel, with a 6 foot high safety fence. They are required by OSHA in all areas where the ride operation is less than 10 feet. Firehawk has the same fence/gravel areas under its loop. It allows ride ops, landscaping and media to be inside the ride area with out being injured. The only way those gates should be opened is once the maintenance tech puts his own lockout on the ride. Never trust that someone else did.

People have jumped those fences to get hats, phones and glasses. That's what killed a guy in Six Flags over Georgia.

There will be a blacktop roadway under certain areas of the ride, for maintenance and rescue operations. The park is required to have a lift on property that can reach the highest point of the ride. Like the instance last month at Busch Gardens Tampa, where the ride stopped. Prior to park opening most times the local fire authority will require a safety training on the ride to become familiar with the ride for rescue.

The pathway near Sling Shot needed to be replaced, it was beginning to fail due to the weight of the waste collection trucks driving over it nightly. The park has slowly been replacing all blacktop surfaces with concrete based hardscapes. Concrete is stronger, and does not reflect heat mass as much as blacktop.

The colored blocks on the station appear to be steel architectural panels. You see them on most any new commercial construction.

• Like 17

Mostly true...but maint isn't the only people who can enter a ride..once operations start the locks are switched out, only operations has the keys to those locks.

The lockout is right though, I didn't care of one of my buddies put a lock on, I still always put one as well, there's a reason that clamp has several holes

• Like 2

I'm very impressed with the work they are doing in the offseason. Just adding a ride like Banshee is crazy expensive, but they aren't stopping there. A complete re-theme of The Bat, work in Action Zone, and what appears to be painting Xtreme Skyflyer is quite ambitious.

• Like 8

I'm very impressed with the work they are doing in the offseason. Just adding a ride like Banshee is crazy expensive, but they aren't stopping there. A complete re-theme of The Bat, work in Action Zone, and what appears to be painting Xtreme Skyflyer is quite ambitious.

I agree.

• Like 1

Ahh, and it looks like our little Skyflyer is getting painted. For the first time ever.

Hopefully that is correct. Its was seriously an eye sore last season and something I mentioned earlier that needed to be done this offseason w/ the beauty of a new ride right next door, all of the rust showing up was going to stick out even more.

• Like 5

I'm really looking forward to this season. Matt Ouimette and pals up in Sandusky continue to prove what a great choice he was, and I can't wait to see what other improvements/changes are coming that we haven't been made aware of yet :)

• Like 7

Really? I thought they would just leave it a live construction site all season.

Back to the circle debate... I took a screen shot of a Google Earth map of Kings Dominion's Flying Eagles and used Photoshop to put them into the circle in Kings Island. Both images were taken at the same zoomed in distance. This is how it would look.

Flyingeaglesphotoshop_zps4e7ad50f.jpg

This is without space for a queue line. I never thought they were coming anyways, but now I'm pretty positive it is too cramped for them to fit.

I need something better to do on a Saturday night...

• Like 18