Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

Take Beast for instance this year..I say the, you say Beast crap..just disappointing. There was only one good spiel during halloweekend of the guy doing 300, very impressive, it was different and people were paying attention to him. Best spiel this year had to be Zephyr, very engaging and interactive but still to the point, or Eiffel Tower, no bias honestly. They're job is talking, that aside from safety is practically in their job. They stand around on either platform or elevator and spiel/answer questions.

Totally agree on this. I loved the Zephyr and Eiffel Tower spiels. The Eiffel Tower one is actually really informative and in my opinion is THE most important spiel in the park. In fact, without a spiel going up the tower, it would be a very awkward silence. For this ride and only this ride, I would have substantially less fun without a spiel. Zephyr spiels are always great too, I especially like the park trivia. I try to let others get a chance to get the questions right, but I find that I know more Kings Island history than the general public, so it is often difficult to keep quiet.

The WORST spiel is "If you wanna ride Diamondback clap your hands!". I really hate when they get to the end and they're like "If you wanna ride Diamondback, stomp your feet... Oh, wait...". Since I am vertically gifted, I always stomp my feet obnoxiously loudly when they say that to make them realize how dumb that spiel is. There ARE people whose feet can reach the platform on Diamondback.

I personally want a prerecorded spiel by Sammy Hagar to go with the Van Halen on Drop Tower. THAT would cement Kings Island in the annals of Theme Park history as the greatest park

Personally, my favorite spiel was on Delirium last year.

"Who wants to play a game?!?!"

"OK! Were gonna play marco polo."

"On the downswings, im going to say marco!"

"On the upswings, youre going to say POLO!"

<ride starts>

"Lets give it a try! 'MARCO!'"

people say "POLO"

"Marco"

"Polo"

"Marco"

etc...

<Ride stops>

"That was fun, right?!?!?"

"Please exit toward Drop Tower and collect items from bins etc.."

• Like 4

Take any rumor with a grain of salt. There is no evidence that a trim was ever installed. I'm pretty sure all of Banshee's parts for braking the ride came installed on the track before they arrived at the park. With B&M being as well trained as they are I highly doubt they decided after the coaster was built to come out and install a trim. Especially near the part of the coaster where the park is boasting it will reach its top speed.

• Like 6

My knowledge :P

Lets put it this way, never heard it the first few years it was open, but heard it opening year at Cedar Point..

Opening year at Cedar Point???? Wow. You're old!

btw- I doubt one could trace the origins of that game for ride attractions. Before MaXair (which I'm assuming you meant), it was done on Viking Fury, which I also wouldn't expect to be the first swinging ride to use such a game.

• Like 1

But you're telling UnrealNightmare he's wrong and your taking rumors as fact too.

I said " i don't think you are". Meaning, in my opinion. those pics he posted were taken a while ago, and the person that told me this, is right more often than not.