Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

Been looking at the sunrise/sunset schedule for April 18th and the sun will rise @ 7:04. So from 5:30am to about 6:30am I would say those rides are going to be in the dark!

Don did say that although the event starts at 5:30, that doesn't mean the first rides will begin then.

• Like 3

We have one on base..35-50KTS (so anywhere from 40mph to I think 58)

Good point too about the wind I didn't even think of that. With that being said right now yeah I doubt testing..For CP, direction and MPH determine our shutdowns, usually only a few rides go down for small wind, 20mph is the usual threshold for the rest, 35+ is practically a full shutdown for all rides affected by wind.

• Like 2

Better tomorrow and Friday Saturday also I think. I think they ran into some trouble Don had tweeted I think Saturday or Sunday to a local news lady That he would be watching the initial testing on Banshee during the "Spring Like" weather we was getting Monday and Tuesday. Then that lift was down there for a really long time messing wit either the chain or motor.

Just a thought as to why we didn't see any testing at all the past 2 days

Please either link to DavidW's gallery or the KI webcam page for credit, thanks

Not going to be a copyright nazi, but I think it would be best to give KI the credit for these images. I simply create a temporary archive of them. Also on that note, just like the actual webcam link, make sure you save my images on another host as well. The images are temporary and will be deleted 3 days after they are uploaded.

P.S. Thanks for using my site. I probably spent too much time getting it working. :)

• Like 10

I link to the cam for the KI credit, but use your files as they're temp..after they're gone I have no biggie, it's three days. Three days here is old news lols.

Also sorry I probably caused your bandwidth to increase big time lol..let me know if I'm abusing your server

And I like the site, it's been great help to watch it like a hawk. My only thing is on mobile by day three, scrolling down with a thumb is a pain in the ass haha, but nothing you can do to solve that.

• Like 2

Been looking at the sunrise/sunset schedule for April 18th and the sun will rise @ 7:04. So from 5:30am to about 6:30am I would say those rides are going to be in the dark!

Don did say that although the event starts at 5:30, that doesn't mean the first rides will begin then.

Except that April 18 is Opening Day, which means the front gates won't open till 9:30! If you're referring to Media Day, that's on April 17 and yes, while the event begins about 5:30AM, the first ride window hasn't been announced yet.

• Like 4

But I think the real reason they tested at night was because they were so far behind schedule. They needed every minute they had and then some to get her open.

Yeah, that makes sense. It doesn't get any better than trying to fit 32 hours into 24. Ah the days of college... At least it worked out for them.

• Like 2