Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

^ Not to mention the park gave a pretty big hint on Facebook just prior to the announcements: "for all ages..." That made me think of Ringling Bros. and Barnum and Bailey's Circus, "boys and girls of all ages.."

Overhyping things can lead to hurt feelings...

I'll summarize my opinion here:

Ed was gone no matter what. As such, there was NO show for the Kings Island Theater. Now we actually have a show, period. I could stop there, and it's already an improvement, as something is always better than nothing (with one exception, IMO. I'll get to that later). Said show is not my particular cup of tea, but I'm happy that it exists. It will offer a FUN break from rides for those who enjoy that sort of thing. I don't have specific plans to see the show, but I probably will at some point. As it stands, I'm more likely to set aside time from my day to see this show than to sit down to watch another musical revue. Thankfully, we have until late September before I have to make a point to avoid a particular show...

-homestar92, who will specifically avoid Festhaus during Haunt for fear of being inadvertently subjected to the insufferable torture that is Graveyard Shift. The lyrics "We are a monster band" are an unforgivable sin, and the syllables don't even match the original song.

(On another note, it seems we cannot keep this topic moving without diverting to yesterday's announcement...)

• Like 6

^ Not to mention the park gave a pretty big hint on Facebook just prior to the announcements: "for all ages..." That made me think of Ringling Bros. and Barnum and Bailey's Circus, "boys and girls of all ages.."

Overhyping things can lead to hurt feelings...

Ringling Bros Is Actually In Cincinnati This Week. Going to see it tomorrow. :P

• Like 3

This looks interesting. I've never seen a Cirque du Soleil style show, and this is certainly different than anything KI's put on in the past. It's also certain to be more family-friendly than Ed Alonzo was (I liked his shows, but I'm sure not everyone liked the scantily-clad women or poop jokes).

• Like 2

Ringling Bros Is Actually In Cincinnati This Week. Going to see it tomorrow. :P

Awesome! You'll love it! I have a friend who is one of the sound technicians. Unfortunately, he is on a different circuit so I rarely see him..

Yeah, Not trying to get off topic. But Ive gone the past 2 years (Fully Charged And Dragons)

• Like 1

^^ And the Ring Master during the introduction song and National Anthem... I could listen to his voice all day. (I assume the other Ring Masters are just as good)

Also, it's okay to get a little off-topic. Especially when all that we are doing is waiting.

• Like 1

^^ And the Ring Master during the introduction song and National Anthem... I could listen to his voice all day. (I assume the other Ring Masters are just as good)

Also, it's okay to get a little off-topic. Especially when all that we are doing is waiting.

Which Ringmaster Johnathan Lee Iverson Or Andre McClain?

Some are better than others, but for the most part they all exceed expectations in their performances.

I'm just curious, is there anyone on this forum that will be driving a good distance just to ride Banshee like me? I am coming from Phoenix for opening day. I would fly, but I want to stop at 2 or 3 parks on the way back. Is anyone else driving from further away?

• Like 5

Which Ringmaster Johnathan Lee Iverson Or Andre McClain?

I don't remember really.. But it was the Dragons show and.. I think he was bald, so I'm gonna guess Mr. Iverson.

Are you getting the "Built to Amaze!" show? That's the one that played Indy back in early December that I attended with my daughter. It was good, but I liked previous years' shows a bit better. If you have kids, dont miss the free all access preshow an hr before showtime where you can go on the arena floor and mingle with and even do some basic tricks with some of the performers, who are simply great w kids. Have fun!

Are you getting the "Built to Amaze!" show? That's the one that played Indy back in early December that I attended with my daughter. It was good, but I liked previous years' shows a bit better. If you have kids, dont miss the free all access preshow an hr before showtime where you can go on the arena floor and mingle with and even do some basic tricks with some of the performers, who are simply great w kids. Have fun!

Yes, We are. Looks to be a great show IMO.

My question is how can you like or not like something you haven't experienced first hand? I was always brought up, that you don't judge a book by its cover. I see this as an added value to the price of admission. How much would going to a show of this caliber cost outside the park? $50?$75??? Also, I believe most that are complaining are young folks that have not experienced what it's like taking care of a child, and the need for a rest period during that time. A good show is a great way to enjoy that rest period.

• Like 11

Looks like Banshee isn't the only think that might wake up today. As someone said earlier Drop Tower is moving up and down. Also, I've spotted a train on the brake run of AE. Though, l don't know if it has been there the entire time.

**Actually it looks like it might be sitting on the transfer track I guess. Now I can't make it out at all.

• Like 5

^You should follow my posts..I've posted extensively about the webcams:

Long story short for everything I've seen:

Drop Tower has been moving around a bit, the lift mechanism has dropped down and gone back up, they later picked it up and put it down a bit more, I guess the gondola was sitting on blocks or something, dunno.

Delirium had some work done on the gondola and engine room up top

AE had a train(s) installed on the transfer table, and moved, possibly dispatched but unable to tell.

• Like 2