Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

I just thought that maybe there would be some strobe lights on the back half of the ride. I know the strobe meant the Camera. I just thought cause Don said there would be lighting on the coaster, That maybe we could see some strobe lights on the back half of the ride.

Magnetic systems could be used for the magnetic breaking systems.

EDIT: I just checked the website and since when did The Beast get any kind of "magnetic systems"?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Since '08 (give or take a few years) and on the first drop, "the bridge", and the drop into the double helix.

• Like 1

Very clever! Is daddy going to tell Baby Banshee and Diamondback what happened to Son of Beast?

That part I will make tomorrow

I would assume, right or wrong, Racer would be the mom (due to a multitude of rides) and KI would be the dad for other reasons....

• Like 1

Way before 08. I believe is was in 02. Or it could have been 01. But they were added when the sled brakes disappeared. They are also on the second drop and final brake run.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I honestly just took my best guess, hence the quotes.. That was just the earliest I can remember actually noticing them. *shrug*

• Like 1

This is how to explain Son of Beast.

That was awesome.

Edit: sorry for double posting, had to catch up on posts from another day spent at work

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1. While Jonathan is not an admin we use honor system to keep each other in check as mods have lives outside the forum and cant live on here looking for rule breakers

2. So? Why does that mean he deserves disrespect and disobedience? Privileges are lost that way. We are pretty sure he left BECAUSE of disobedience and lack of respect towards him and his requests.

3. The park map has not officially been released.

4. You embedded THEN linked to an unofficial copy of the tentative 2014 map.

• Like 3

It IS hurting the park when their images and media are used and not sourced. What you're missing is the fact that everything he posts is copyrighted material owned by Kings Island. Using the image without citing the source could be considered theft. Ever do a research paper in school? You have to cite a BUNCH of stuff so your teacher knows EXACTLY where you got the information you used. Quote a book, you have to site chapter and page number among other things. Why? That's the law. You are free to use copyrighted materials as long as you have both permission and cite your source. Digital media follows the same rules. Cite your sources. Why is that so hard to grasp and follow?! If it is not your own personal creation then you need to give credit where credit is due, it's that simple.

Explain to me then why YouTube videos taken of Banshee from OFF property testing were asked to be removed from the site? Even though it was created completely legally. Is it illegal to tape the park from off property? Its more than just links and photos. They have been controlling every little thing. You don't see that being done to lets say, TPR? They have events and such all the time. They post stuff like that all the time. I don't see TPR getting hate from parks?

Also, when you cited your papers in school. Did you contact every source you used, and asked if you could use it on your paper? I can guarantee that is a no.

Have you ever gone over the speed limit in your car by 1 or 2 mph? Oh you broke the law.

Ever casually roll through a stop sign? Ohp. That too.

HUGE difference between law, and justice.

• Like 9

It IS hurting the park when their images and media are used and not sourced. What you're missing is the fact that everything he posts is copyrighted material owned by Kings Island. Using the image without citing the source could be considered theft. Ever do a research paper in school? You have to cite a BUNCH of stuff so your teacher knows EXACTLY where you got the information you used. Quote a book, you have to site chapter and page number among other things. Why? That's the law. You are free to use copyrighted materials as long as you have both permission and cite your source. Digital media follows the same rules. Cite your sources. Why is that so hard to grasp and follow?! If it is not your own personal creation then you need to give credit where credit is due, it's that simple.

Explain to me then why YouTube videos taken of Banshee from OFF property testing were asked to be removed from the site? Even though it was created completely legally. Is it illegal to tape the park from off property? Its more than just links and photos. They have been controlling every little thing. You don't see that being done to lets say, TPR? They have events and such all the time. They post stuff like that all the time. I don't see TPR getting hate from parks?

Also, when you cited your papers in school. Did you contact every source you used, and asked if you could use it on your paper? I can guarantee that is a no.

Have you ever gone over the speed limit in your car by 1 or 2 mph? Oh you broke the law.

The reason for the photos/videos thing is likely because the park doesn't want people thinking they can just come by the park anytime they want to get photos/videos. Most of us here already know that we're not allowed to take pictures/videos from park property right now, but someone else might not know that. The park has better things to do right now than kick people off property for trespassing, and preventing unofficial images/videos lessens the likelihood that they'll have to deal with that.

The paper citation and traffic laws are irrelevant here. The point is, the park has asked us to do something, and there's no reason to complain about it. If you don't like the rules, go elsewhere or don't post things that will be affected by those rules.

I cannot explain why other parks don't do this to TPR (or even if they do, as I don't visit that site much). This isn't TPR, and KI isn't other parks.

Long story short, the first rule of any fan forum is to never be on the bad side of whatever official entity your site is about. They can and will find ways to shut you down if they don't like how you're representing their image.

• Like 11

Long story short, the first rule of any fan forum is to never be on the bad side of whatever official entity your site is about.

Bingo. Wookieepedia (a Star Wars wiki that I am an admin on) has on a couple of occasions put in place and enforced an arbitrary rule that we normally wouldn't have because Lucasfilm or one of its affiliates asked us to. We chose to comply rather than get on their bad side, when they could easily shut down the entire wiki with one DMCA takedown notice. We now have a strong relationship with Lucasfilm, to the point where the pages on characters and other subjects on starwars.com now contain just brief summaries and link to their respective articles on Wookieepedia for "more information".

Unfortunately, some users on KIC have chosen the opposite path, and the result is the current situation with Don being angry enough to have his account deleted.

• Like 8

Long story short, the first rule of any fan forum is to never be on the bad side of whatever official entity your site is about.

Bingo. Wookieepedia (a Star Wars wiki that I am an admin on) has on a couple of occasions put in place and enforced an arbitrary rule that we normally wouldn't have because Lucasfilm or one of its affiliates asked us to. We chose to comply rather than get on their bad side, when they could easily shut down the entire wiki with one DMCA takedown notice. We now have a strong relationship with Lucasfilm, to the point where the pages on characters and other subjects on starwars.com now contain just brief summaries and link to their respective articles on Wookieepedia for "more information".

Unfortunately, some users on KIC have chosen the opposite path, and the result is the current situation with Don being angry enough to have his account deleted.

You're an admin of Wookieepedia eh? I've spent hours browsing articles there.

Back to my cave...

• Like 3

Im not going to touch the speeding thing (because fun fact, speedometers have to be accurate to a percentage not 100% but close, like off by no more than 3-5 MPH), and have no idea about why YouTube videos were removed (are we sure they were shot on public property and not private?). However, about citing a paper. Many many research books, journals, and papers all have a claim about how to cite them. They give explicit permission to use their information for citing. So you dont have to call them and ask for permission.

I will say this in general for everyone. In life you must know whats worth fighting for and whats not worth fighting for. Its called picking your hill to die on. Is it really worth getting banned from here or causing major issues with the park for you to not use trademarks correctly or to link to things without proper usage. In life you will find things worth fighting for, a child or parent, maybe its to get a heart/kidney transplant but insurance says its not covered. Those are the hills to die on. Being upset over being told to link or use trademark is silly and immature when compared to the 100 of thousands of worse things out there.

• Like 14

Let me be clear here:

I cannot say everything happening here, as I explained in my appology to BB1, theres so much back channeling going on here you don't even realize it.

I'm standing my ground, as I have the right to, yes people are upset about it, but enough was enough. I dealt with the citing park sources, etc. that was fine and I understand/agree with it. For instance it helps us go to the discussions over at those forms of media (say their FB video of the new live show, Banshee testing pics on their Instagram, etc.). I had no problem with doing that, or the other little things. However when you say I can't post things or whatever regarding stuff they have no control of, that's when I have issues. The park isn't Area 51, far from it. This mentality thinking they have this much control and can use this how they want and control what we post was getting on my nerves. Honestly telling me to not do it, just made it that much more tempting.

Also might I add I've still complied with not posting anything from testing on KIC. I've only given a bit of verbal outcry. Just saying. I rest my case.

As for the rest of the forum, this isn't some free for all troll everyone, eff the police deal like it seemed to be the past few days, which honestly makes us look bad. Keep organized, respectful, and contribute to some great big threads in here. Look how many views and hits and posts we get here on some of these threads. We're an excellent community here at KIC, please keep it that way. I didn't verbally express my opinions to cause a huge flamewar and throw this into chaos. I did it to show CF/KI we are KIC and they are not and they need to respect that like they do with other enthusiast sites, so far it seems to have sent a message. But don't give them a reason to crack down or roll their eyes because people can't act the same before and after someone who works from the park is no longer on the site as a user.

• Like 9

Very clever! Is daddy going to tell Baby Banshee and Diamondback what happened to Son of Beast?

That part I will make tomorrow

I would assume, right or wrong, Racer would be the mom (due to a multitude of rides) and KI would be the dad for other reasons....

Mom's got a split personality.

• Like 6

No, neither of those reasons are correct...Again, backchannels...

So what is the correct reason? You claim to know, but have not said what you know. (Unless you have, which I don't think you have. If you have, then my apologies.)

^But that doesn't mean that they approve of people going to GWL to take pictures and videos. They can still dislike it.

• Like 1