Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

Then again, I have been asked by the staff to not go further, as they are admins here, I will respect their wishes, plain and simple. If they wish to divulge information, that is up to them, not me at this time

Which isn't any different than what Kings Island ask of us when it came to simple request. It was all a matter of respect in both instances and one that some chose not to respect.

• Like 2

If they wish to divulge information, that is up to them, not me at this time

Thank you. This point wasn't mentioned 6 posts up, which is why I asked.

Gemini XL-200, now hoping admins let us know why Don left, and also hoping that if it was because of something our members did we can fix things with the park.

• Like 3

I"m not one for complaining. I visit PointBuzz on a daily basis and the forum as going nuts last year as Gatekeeper was being built.

Rules are rules though. Sure they may seem stupid, but it is what it is.

I have never met Don but I have met Tony up at Cedar Point and if he asked me to do something I would comply.

We may think it's stupid to link to posts, etc but its there for a reason. Whatever reason it may be.

I don't post much on this forum as I like reading more than posting but losing Don is a big deal. I know of no other forums that are as dedicated to Kings Island as this one.

Back on topic.

Glad to see the coaster is in testing. I know that Gatekeeper ran for 8 hours a day 5 days a week while they were testing it. I would like to know who the first Kings Island employee's are that are going to ride it will be.

• Like 6

This is an enthusiast built website correct? If King's Island wants an official forum with rules to follow they should make one.

Anyway I just want media day to be here. All of the going back and forth about capitalization, linking, and legal photos is getting pretty old and I've only been on here maybe two months. But hey, its traffic and new posts right?

• Like 7

Admins here are admins of this site, this is their site and their rules. I respect them as admins and also personal friends, therefore I respect their judgement.

Don was a regular user and not an admin of KIC, therefore different story to me. Plus he was forcing his rules upon the forum.

Again I won't go anywhere else with this, it's no tmy right at this time. The admins can do as they wish

All I will say is Don's role as it was as of May last year upon me joining was fine, lately I did not appreciate his role here, or have concern for that. I still complied, but that was it. I did it, but I didn't like it.

• Like 3

This is an enthusiast built website correct? If King's Island wants an official forum with rules to follow they should make one.

I think Kat was saying that this statement is more along the lines of coming off as, this is not owned by Kings Island and we will do what we want. Which I think might be where some of the issues started.

Admins here are admins of this site, this is their site and their rules. I respect them as admins and also personal friends, therefore I respect their judgement.

Don was a regular user and not an admin of KIC, therefore different story to me. Plus he was forcing his rules upon the forum.

Again I won't go anywhere else with this, it's no tmy right at this time. The admins can do as they wish

All I will say is Don's role as it was as of May last year upon me joining was fine, lately I did not appreciate his role here, or have concern for that. I still complied, but that was it. I did it, but I didn't like it.

Just everyone remember being a "fan" of something means you are "a fanatic" and by definition I do believe that means you would do everything you can to support that to which you are a fan of. So if you are a fan of say a certain sports star and he asked you to "please try and not take my photo" being a fan of that person you would try and respect that. I understand that Don was no more than a member here like most of us. He does hold a position in PR at Kings Island to which we are all fans of, so it would go without saying that if KI asked us to please follow a certain policy that we as fans could do that and not take it as a personal issue to say "you can tell me what to do!"

Sometimes it helps to take a step back and look at what is being said or done from another prospective, just remember if you would want others to respect your requests in life it helps to respect other's requests as well.

Thanks for reading this,

and that is all from me on this discussion.

• Like 3

Anyway I just want media day to be here. All of the going back and forth about capitalization, linking, and legal photos is getting pretty old and I've only been on here maybe two months. But hey, its traffic and new posts right?

The administrators of this website have asked us all to respect what the park asks of us, specifically by not posting things that we have been asked not to post.

As for Media Day, those attending need to pay extra close attention that they don't post material they've been asked not to. The purpose of that event is for Kings Island to market its new attraction to the world via the media. Enthusiast attendees are expected to be respectful of this.

• Like 4

And again I have complied with all requests. However I can voice my concern with not approving of these requests, and that is all I have done. Notice I haven't brought any pictures, leaks, or videos here to KIC. I did just as asked. Said and done.

Regardless I'm in the middle of patient care I can't address everything here and there I only have a few minutes in between patients, and then PT at lunch with someone in my flight. But as of now I have Coumadin PT/INR levels to check.

• Like 3

I think it is safe to say that nobody likes what has happened in the last 10 days or so. The only reason these incidents have happened are because of our behaviors to rules that we don't want to follow. ( I say we because one person reflexes on KIC as a whole). In life, things happen even if you like them or not. But I think its safe to say if we continue like this things will get a lot worse, and people will look back on today and wish it was like this. The easy way to prevent and stop this from happening is to stop right now and try to reverse the negative actions that have happened recently. I bet that if we can act civilized for an extended period things will slowly be able to go back to the way things were. I'm sure Don enjoys being on here, and wants to be, but just can't with how people are acting.

Long story short, forget about what has happened and act properly. Everyone makes mistakes and they all can be undone with correct actions.

• Like 6

Attitudes like what? I'd rather talk about the ride than everything else thats been going on?

I believe the answer to your response to Kat lies here:

If King's Island wants an official forum with rules to follow they should make one.

And even though you did everything Terp told you, you still complained about it. Not trying to attack you, just stating my point.

• Like 1

I made a short comment about not being use to forums that follow things that strictly yes. I don't see that as much of a complaint. I did however point out that the more rules you put on people the more its going to discourage posting whether it be good or bad from users.

I understand that we have (or had?) an excellent relationship with the park and that is why the admins are so willing to comply with the requests from the park. But, I feel that some of the requests have gone too far, and that's why there is some backlash.

Trespassing: It is illegal so that should go without saying. I feel that legally photos or videos taken of the park during the off season should be fair game. If the park doesn't want photos or videos taken, they should be working with their neighbors to enforce trespassing as the park does.

The capitalization stuff: I understand that the park owns the trademarks and they should be able to ask to have them capitalized, but they also have to realize that this is the internet; spelling, punctuation, grammar and capitalization sometime does by the wayside when you're making a quick post. Also, this request should only be applied to KIC and the parks trademarks not to sites like Google.

Siting sources: I agree with the park their officially released material should be sited. Just like above though, I feel that this should only apply to KIC and the parks material.

With all this said, I do feel that we should respect the wishes of the park, but they and we have to realize that we are and independent forum.

I made a short comment about not being use to forums that follow things that strictly yes. I don't see that as much of a complaint. I did however point out that the more rules you put on people the more its going to discourage posting whether it be good or bad from users.

Can you imagine decoding thread with the current rules? Wouldn't be much decoding going on.
  • Like 13

This forum runs and goes through Dane. It is up to him to decide if it is an independent forum, or one highly affiliated with the park. I, for one, cannot make that call since I don't pay to use this site, and therefore do not have any ownership.

I believe that is what most people here are trying state.

• Like 6

And Dane decided that we should follow the requests made by the park.^ So I think he decided that he wants it to be one that is highly affiliated with the park.

People who have been non-compliant with the park's requests or who have complained about them have also, indirectly, been non-complaint with Dane. (i.e. Dane had to spend his own time to write a script for the site to help fix some of the Trademark issues.)

• Like 4