Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

I hope their will be wheel covers on the rest of the train. They look so good on the first two cars.

My guess is they are still messing with wheel types so they are keeping them uncovered. The wheel covers on the front two were probably added so Greg and company could ride.

• Like 5

Only Alpingeist has a zero car to my knowledge, wonder if it serves a purpose?

It is for filming.

Montu has a "zero car" that replaces row 1 for filming. Alpengeist's is permanent.

Here is Montu's front row replaced with a "zero car" for filming.

mo1a.jpg

Alpengeist's zero car and row 1, and Montu's row 1 and row 2 make up what is called a pilot coach. These cars move in tandem to steer the train around the track.

The first car on Diamondback is a pilot coach as well.

Photo credit is in the photo.

• Like 6

I hope it's OK to post this picture. With everything that's been going on lately, I don't even know what's allowed and what isn't anymore :\

Posting pictures with link is still fine.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Who is the man in the middle in that picture?

It is a B&M representative, as stated above. I forget his name, but I think he will stick around for a while and oversee operations until they get it the way they want.

Also, employees and the like can ride before the state certifies the ride. The certification is for the public.

• Like 8

Gemini XL-200, hoping I didn't misunderstand your original post.

Going from third person to first person in one sentence now eh? :P

Haha my bad. Edited that in quickly because I didn't want the "Then what were you referring to?" to sound rude or like I was mad. I'm actually just curious as to what he was actually referring to. And if an apology on my part is needed, I will extend one. There's no one on here that I dislike, and I'd like to keep it that way.
No apology needed man I am impossible to offend lol and you were not rude anyways. Sorry to bring this up one more time just wanted to answer the question. I fully agree with capitalizing trademarks and citing sources but I do not get why people would let Don or KI police these forums unquestionably when users are breaking no laws or anything. Devarious did nothing wrong and other users posting their own pictures and videos abided by the rules. All these videos and pics create more publicity for the ride and park yet it is frowned upon? I find it odd and a little discomforting that the site is being so controlled by the park, though it is Dane's site so I will do as he says.
  • Like 5

Just because a train is sitting still on the lift hill does not mean it is "stuck".

As Devarious said above, it is most likely a part of the testing phase.

Every single time a coaster train is sitting on a lift hill, it seems like the first thing that pops into everyone's mind is, "It's Stuck!!"

.....Which is usually NEVER the case.

• Like 4

While testing these coasters for the first time they put it through every single possible scenario that it may experience during the course of the regular season. It was explained to me that they literally try and break the ride during testing so they know what causes what and how to fix it.

Every single button in controls is pushed in random orders, light curtains are breeched at different times, and a lot of other scenarios are a part of testing.

• Like 12

Who is the man in the middle in that picture?

It is a B&M representative, as stated above. I forget his name, but I think he will stick around for a while and oversee operations until they get it the way they want.

Also, employees and the like can ride before the state certifies the ride. The certification is for the public.

Thanks for the info!

I love how people over exaggerate and worry over the simplest things. Devarious is right on. All systems have to be checked. So if something is not right it can be corrected. So what if it breaks. I'd rather an issue come up during testing, and not during a public ride. So go get some chamomile tea and relax. Banshee will be ok.

• Like 6