Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

So for the first time last night, approx 5:35 Banshee was testing during my drive home up 71N. Watching it climb up the hill, then tumble down the first hill is a thing of beauty, its a unique transition, if you will, to KI and fun to watch. You lose sight of it as it passes towards the ground, but catch it again as it climbs up and over the dive loop, another beautiful transition. By this point, I was too far up the highway to safely watch it go thru the vertical loop around the lift hill or anything beyond that. In my opinion, this will easily be the best coaster at KI just to sit and watch it go thru its cycle. Firehawk is fun, but you can only get a good glance from the Tower or on The Racer unless your back in XBase, you should be able to catch good glimpses of Banshee from several spots in the park and a great vantage point from the Tower.

• Like 9

Honestly, a lot of the queues are not the big.

The Bat (what feels like a 5 mile walk)

Flight of Fear (the outside queue, the space ship and the loading area. Also the unloading area which is separate).

Racer (when both lanes are open and the whole first section is open)

Adventure Express (longish walk).

Beast (when all sections are used).

Those are the only queues that are large in my opinion.

• Like 1

Theres a picture of the blueprint of the queues out there somewhere. Ive posted it a few times, but i will try to post it again.

EDIT: Found it! ypybahe5.jpg

Taken from http://coasterbuzz.com/Forums/Topic/breaking-the-bat-flies-again-at-kings-island-it-is-a-wing-coaster/12#890411

EDIT2: Notice the two small square located on either side of the entrance to the queues. It makes me thing that there will be some kind of arch that goes over the queue entrance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Honestly, a lot of the queues are not the big.

The Bat (what feels like a 5 mile walk)

Flight of Fear (the outside queue, the space ship and the loading area. Also the unloading area which is separate).

Racer (when both lanes are open and the whole first section is open)

Adventure Express (longish walk).

Beast (when all sections are used).

Those are the only queues that are large in my opinion.

Your forgetting WWC. I think The Beast has the most queue square footage though.

• Like 2

Theres a picture of the blueprint of the queues out there somewhere. Ive posted it a few times, but i will try to post it again.

EDIT: Found it!

Taken from http://coasterbuzz.com/Forums/Topic/breaking-the-bat-flies-again-at-kings-island-it-is-a-wing-coaster/12#890411

EDIT2: Notice the two small square located on either side of the entrance to the queues. It makes me thing that there will be some kind of arch that goes over the queue entrance.

You mean like the one that was shown being built by a worker not too long ago?

http://instagram.com/p/lS7huMuON1/

• Like 1

Those are the steps up to the loading platform.

Edit: never mind, I thought you circled them in red.

Actually if you look at the Banshee cam during the afternoon (best for sunlight in that area), you can see the completed arch already. It appears just to the right of the tallest support in the dive loop.

As an aside, you'll notice that the arch wasn't part of the original renderings on the Banshee website.

Edit: Here's a snippet from the Banshee cam:

Banshee_Arch.jpg

• Like 5

Actually the Banshee sign will be just to the left of the arch on a raised, curved bed which is easier to see in the morning light. That part is looking a lot like the original renderings so far: KI's Banshee Rendering.

And this is somewhat still confirmed by the unofficial* park map that is on their website.

*The map on the website currently(that is hidden very well) is an unoffical 2014 park map. The official park map should be released soon.

HTCO, becomin' a lawyer…. at least, on here.

• Like 3

Yeah! I saw her fly in person for the first time today. Was leaving processing and luckily they started testing by the time I came out.

I will say though, with how wide our first loop is.. The peak makes a banking change that makes the cars look like they are almost snapped at the peak... Though, like all other loops, you probably wouldn't notice it whilst riding.

If you enlarge the map and look closely I think it looks like a shaded area, sort of like what is near Gatekeeper (by the Coke Freestyle and Yogurt Plus stores). I also find it interesting how this one sort of resembles a spiderweb...Adds to the whole creepy/dark feel of this area with Banshee and The Bat nearby too.