Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

^^ At this point, id rather just wait to see it in its entirety in person. I wouldn't be mad if he posted a few picture updates, but i wouldn't be upset if he didn't either. I feel that this will be a ride where you have to see it (the theming and all) in person to do it justice (especially at night)!

• Like 5

@KingsIslandPR on Twitter :

"Here's a look at the park map for the upcoming 2014 season which begins Friday, April 18."

(embedded park map)

Photo : Don Helbig / Kings Island via Twitter

Once again, Don has asked us to only link to the official release, NOT embed the map in the forums.

It's all good! This year's park guide and map is the best one that we've had since I've been with the park. A lot more useful information is called out.

As for the former Crypt building, it is not being removed. It's not in use Opening Day through Labor Day so it was taken out. It will return on the Haunt map in the fall.

I prefer the old map style from the Paramount days, honestly. However, I much prefer the GPS map on the app. In my opinion, it looks much nicer and more proportional than the official map. Why don't you use that?

Also, thanks for answering questions and stuff like that here. It means a lot to us. :)

Diamondback96, who feels like he should change his avatar, as the Diamondback logo is copyrighted by Cedar Fair, LP or its subsidiaries. He also would like a username change, but feels like one is enough. He should also stop rambling; that would be nice, wouldn't it?

• Like 6

@KingsIslandPR on Twitter :

"Here's a look at the park map for the upcoming 2014 season which begins Friday, April 18."

(embedded park map)

Photo : Don Helbig / Kings Island via Twitter

Once again, Don has asked us to only link to the official release, NOT embed the map in the forums.

It's all good! This year's park guide and map is the best one that we've had since I've been with the park. A lot more useful information is called out.

As for the former Crypt building, it is not being removed. It's not in use Opening Day through Labor Day so it was taken out. It will return on the Haunt map in the fall.

I prefer the old map style from the Paramount days, honestly. However, I much prefer the GPS map on the app. In my opinion, it looks much nicer and more proportional than the official map. Why don't you use that?

Also, thanks for answering questions and stuff like that here. It means a lot to us. :)

Diamondback96, who feels like he should change his avatar, as the Diamondback logo is copyrighted by Cedar Fair, LP or its subsidiaries. He also would like a username change, but feels like one is enough. He should also stop rambling; that would be nice, wouldn't it?

Yes, yes it would.

• Like 2

I am super sad I won't get to spend all of opening day at Kings Island. I have to go in to David's Bridal at noon on that day for my second dress fitting. It was either that or the 16th and I already have the 17th and 18th off work so I didn't want to take a third day off. I was hoping for earlier than noon but nope. I will just have to spend all day Saturday up there then lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I was just driving on the road about 15 minutes ago and out of the corner of my eye I saw Banshee going through the dive loop (don't worry, I was being a safe driver!). It was beautiful!!! :D Also, Skyflier looks like it's almost done being re-painted; there's just one spot on the top of the arch that still needs new paint.

• Like 6

Kings Island has requested that we not post unofficial pictures or video of Banshee testing. Wait until the park opens - there are apparently some spectacular views.

You are, of course, free to take pictures if you are at Great Wolf Lodge or another area you are authorized to be in. Just don't post them here.

(Posting them here includes telling people to visit another site to find your pictures.)

EDIT: What Don said 1 minute later.

• Like 3

Just went to GWL and watched Banshee test! Is it ok to post a LEGAL video of it testing?

Probably sent from my iDevice without Cydia.

ask Don, he is the almighty overlord when it comes to stuff like that.

We have, and will continue to ask, that unauthorized photos and videos of Banshee being tested not be posted on this site at this time. We appreciate your cooperation with this request.

• Like 11

Kings Island has requested that we not post unofficial pictures or video of Banshee testing. Wait until the park opens - there are apparently some spectacular views.

You are, of course, free to take pictures if you are at Great Wolf Lodge or another area you are authorized to be in. Just don't post them here.

(Posting them here includes telling people to visit another site to find your pictures.)

EDIT: What Don said 1 minute later.

To add to this, Parking at Great Wolf Lodge to take pictures is trespassing unless you have their permission to be there, either by paying for a room, or by getting permission from the management.

• Like 2

Just went to GWL and watched Banshee test! Is it ok to post a LEGAL video of it testing?

ask Don, he is the almighty overlord when it comes to stuff like that.

We have, and will continue to ask, that unauthorized photos and videos of Banshee being tested not be posted on this site at this time. We appreciate your cooperation with this request.

Ok. Thanks for explaining. Btw Banshee sounds more awesome than DB!

Bought some furniture from a sweet lady who advertised on Craigslist and she lives in Mason 5 minutes from Kings Island so OF COURSE I had to drive by and see Banshee at night. So pretty!!! Pics coming soon.

• Like 1

OT Don, but is there any- wait, better rephrase that, in case you answer like Terp. Will there be any info forthcoming on the band organ before the season starts, ie, will it be operating, installed in the Carousel, somewhere on display, etc.?

edited to correct stupid misspelling.

I bid on 2 seats for the first riders gig.......but it ,looks like we may have to delay our trip for family reasons...if that's the case...I will be GIVING my 2 seats up to someone on this forum.......I will let you all know the outcome tomorrow...and how I will choose who I will let take my daughter and myself place........im sure there are perhaps 1 or 2 of you that might be interested.....haha

• Like 4

I bid on 2 seats for the first riders gig.......but it ,looks like we may have to delay our trip for family reasons...if that's the case...I will be GIVING my 2 seats up to someone on this forum.......I will let you all know the outcome tomorrow...and how I will choose who I will let take my daughter and myself place........im sure there are perhaps 1 or 2 of you that might be interested.....haha

You might want to check with the park on that. They might not allow seats to be transferred.

• Like 5

My understanding is no photos of Banshee testing. Therefore, I would guess that mere pictures of Banshee that do not actually depict it testing should be OK (but I would also recommend that you wait for official word on that, in case I misinterpreted it).

• Like 2

Well I couldn't see if it was testing and from the distance you can't even see much so it should be ok. Don - if these are not ok please let me know and I will remove them or a mod can :) these were taken from the street as we drove by.

pe6ezapa.jpg

myjyqu9u.jpg

• Like 7

Yes before I completely commit to this....I will contact the park on if I can substitute/transfer my places.......I will cross that bridge when I know for sure whether or not I can make it...right now its a 50/50 guess......and I know 99.9% of the members of this nice forum have there hand raised up high saying...OOOOOO OOOO OOO PICK ME PICK ME.....haha.....

• Like 4