Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

Why are they limiting what you can wear? Is it due to photos being taken at the park?

Presumably, yes. They wouldn't want a TV station to air a video showing someone wearing a Six Flags shirt or something like that.

• Like 5

I'm tentatively planning on wearing my Scream Like a Banshee contestant t-shirt from last fall if it's warm enough to do so.

If it's cold, I may be in trouble. The only jackets I have suitable for coaster riding are a Gatekeeper jacket and a generic Cedar Point one. I don't have a KI or plain jacket, unless I wear my bulky, heavy winter coat, which would probably be overkill.

• Like 3

Some companies (including Cedar Fair as of late) will try in every way to get money out of every possible copyright infringement. TV stations probably don't want to take the risk of that happening so a generic t-shirt that has no logos is a safe bet that wont happen.

I can almost 100% guarantee you that the tshirt decision is not being made by tv stations. News programs and the such do not care as long as the shirt is safe to be aired (no profanity). Like has been said, its because KI wants KI apparel in all shots.

It makes perfect sense to me. It is media day..anything from that day could make it in widespread media so it should all advertise the park it at least not distract from it. It is awesome to be able to go to such an event, but it serves the park a purpose and that is not to appease a few KI fanatics (solely at least). New guests and maximum exposure is the goal. Obviously I am not involved in the decision making process, but is it not common sense?

• Like 6

In terms of logos and whatnot, would something with a small logo like this be acceptable?

pink_ae_button1.jpg

Ignore the fact that the shirt is multiple colors, I only care about the logo on the pocket (or others of its size). And this is just a generic example, not a specific shirt that I'm asking about.

I will wear my Scream Like A Banshee contestant shirt and if it's cold my Kings Island Joe Cool hoodie :) if it's really cold a long sleeve shirt under the Banshee shirt lol

The Earth is the proper name of a planet, and thus should always be capitalized.

• Like 2

Well, thank you Terpy for getting that information for us. I do have one hoodie that is just a plain shade of gray that I can wear if it's chilly, or my Banshee T-Shirt that I can wear if it isn't. If it's cold enough to need a jacket... then I may be in a tight spot. But I can't imagine it being too cold for a hoodie.

For anyone interested, Champion makes some hoodies that do not bear any logos, and they are quite comfortable.

• Like 4

I have been asked to advise that Son of Beast apparel is indeed NOT appropriate for Media Day. "It's Banshee's Day."

Also NO logo means NO logo. No matter how small.

So would a Diamondback shirt be acceptable...? It is Kings Island related, but not something promoting Banshee...the only other options for me are a Joe Cool Christmas themed shirt, or solid white/black t-shirts (which is what I guess I'll end up in). Now to find a pair of pants/shorts that don't have the Adidas logo or Nike swoosh...and a jacket for 4:30 in the morning...

Edit:

For anyone interested, Champion makes some hoodies that do not bear any logos, and they are quite comfortable

Don't most of their sweatshirts/other apparel have their 'C' logo on the front?

• Like 1

For anyone interested, Champion makes some hoodies that do not bear any logos, and they are quite comfortable

Don't most of their sweatshirts/other apparel have their 'C' logo on the front?

Most do. Many do not. You have to look before you buy in this case. Though I just discovered that technically, the one I own has a very small logo at the bottom of the sleeve. Just in case that's an issue, my plan is to simply roll up the sleeve enough to cover it (not a problem, I'd only have to roll it a half inch or so), and hold it in place with a safety pin. No visible logos whatsoever.

Alternatively, I've been doing some searching online, and I've found that Hanes sells hoodies that as far as I can tell have no logos anywhere. And you can get them for below $20. If you plan on buying appropriate clothing online, I'd advise doing so sooner rather than later. I'd also recommend Goodwill and thrift shops. You will almost certainly find SOMETHING, and probably for very cheap.

Here's a link to some affordable hoodies of various colors on Amazon that meet the requirements in case anyone wants to purchase something.

http://amazon.com/Hanes-Comfortblend-Pullover-Sweatshirt-L-Black/dp/B0009G5VBI/ref=sr_1_52?ie=UTF8&qid=1397007554&sr=8-52&keywords=champion+hoodie

Also, for what it's worth, if you wear Kings Island apparel, it should be officially licensed. So if you have something like a High School Kings Island senior trip T-Shirt or a shirt you've made yourself, that is not going to be considered appropriate.

• Like 3

They are seriously that strict on having a tiny logo to not let you participate at media day!? I mean seriously if it has a mini eagle on the top right corner of the shirt there going to tell you no!? Little uncalled for I think luckily I have a shirt that has no logo on it but if it's chilly I'm screwed!

• Like 1

They are seriously that strict on having a tiny logo to not let you participate at media day!?

They are going to be strict. Read the e-mail and do what it says.

Solid color precludes all stripes, logos, and patterns.

Is media day free for KICentral members?

Media Day is only open to those who were invited. Members of select paid coaster clubs were invited, but they had to RSVP by a deadline that has now passed. KICentral is not a paid coaster club.

EDIT: Beat by 3 people on that last part. That may be a record for me.

• Like 3