Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

There's no yellow or red at the bottom of those two legs of Delirium. It seems awfully late in the off-season to start repainting--well, anything--but Delirium would seem to have quite a lot less surface area to paint than The Bat or Xtreme Skyflier... Hmm.

Maybe there's something to that rumor about repainting it that Screamscape posted a few months back?

EDIT: There also appears to be some sort of cherry picker entering on the Banshee side, with its bucket extended toward the motor at the top. I'd post a webcam capture if I could.

• Like 1

Caution: Prolonged staring at web cam images during long periods of anticipation-filled off-season months might cause certain side-effects...

TowertoBanshee.jpg

:P

Parody: Original web cam image at www.visitkingsisland.com

I forsee one of those "Make you jump videos" coming from a timelapse of Banshee. Watch it for a few seconds and then she pops up on the screen and screams.

Now who want to do it?

• Like 5

Walmart has solid colored hoodies for 10 bux right now.

I've always found Walmart to have them for 10 bucks. And at good quality, soft, durable... And you don't walk around looking like a billboard.

--

And is painting really happening this close to opening? Haha To the Delirium legs not having the yellow feet.. apparently.

• Like 1

I haven't posted in a while, but wow does she look precious. I love the themeing, I even had to double check myself when I said themeing, they have put throughout the ride. This might be one of my favorite themed rides in the region.

Honestly, the dress code isn't a big deal. Hobby Lobby sells plain single color T-shirts (in pretty much every color under the sun) for less than $5. If you're worried that it might be a bit colder, you can get plain colored hoodies on Amazon for less than $20. Or heck, just make like an ogre and wear layers.

And as I've said before in this thread, check Goodwill. You will almost certainly find SOMETHING suitable, and it will be inexpensive. In the Cincinnati area, you'd probably even find a Kings Island shirt or two. I know I've seen lots of Diamondback and Firehawk shirts there as of late.

And all this assumes that someone who posts on a Kings Island fan site has never once bought a shirt at the park, and I can almost guarantee that nearly everyone here has...

(So much for not commenting further on the subject...)

I actually have no shirts from KI. Dont think I ever did as well. Im the odd ball here, I know :)

I'm not going to media day, but if they refused me entry for having a small logo on a shirt that was for the brand of shirt(ie the champion logo), I would insist that they throw everyone out who has the much larger Nike logo exposed on their shoes. Not that I think they are going to care about tiny clothing brand logos. But hey, after seeing how they respond to some of the stuff that goes on on this board, nothing would surprise me.

and you would probably never be invited back. There are some hills worth dieing on. Is the logo of your shirt really worth fighting?

• Like 8

Honestly, the dress code isn't a big deal. Hobby Lobby sells plain single color T-shirts (in pretty much every color under the sun) for less than $5. If you're worried that it might be a bit colder, you can get plain colored hoodies on Amazon for less than $20. Or heck, just make like an ogre and wear layers.

And as I've said before in this thread, check Goodwill. You will almost certainly find SOMETHING suitable, and it will be inexpensive. In the Cincinnati area, you'd probably even find a Kings Island shirt or two. I know I've seen lots of Diamondback and Firehawk shirts there as of late.

And all this assumes that someone who posts on a Kings Island fan site has never once bought a shirt at the park, and I can almost guarantee that nearly everyone here has...

(So much for not commenting further on the subject...)

I actually have no shirts from KI. Dont think I ever did as well. Im the odd ball here, I know :)

I'm not going to media day, but if they refused me entry for having a small logo on a shirt that was for the brand of shirt(ie the champion logo), I would insist that they throw everyone out who has the much larger Nike logo exposed on their shoes. Not that I think they are going to care about tiny clothing brand logos. But hey, after seeing how they respond to some of the stuff that goes on on this board, nothing would surprise me.

and you would probably never be invited back. There are some hills worth dieing on. Is the logo of your shirt really worth fighting?

Yeah, if I drove over an hour to the park and was denied entry because of a logo less than an inch wide at the end of a sleeve, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be concerned with being invited back again.

Remember, Media Day is the park's day to promote their ride. I mean, if your best friend were hosting a Star Wars costume party, they have a right to be upset and not let you join in if you show up dressed like Mr. Spock. The park has a vision of how they want their product to be presented and if you aren't going to help them present it in that way, they do not want or need your "help".

They could have said that you absolutely MUST wear a Banshee shirt, but they didn't. As it stands, the park has granted us some degree of freedom in how we choose to dress, which is more than they HAD to do.

• Like 13

The park has stated their expectations for attendees. If anyone's worried about how much the park will split hairs when it comes to apparel, contact the park. They have made it clear that they are open, willing, and speedy to answer any questions concerning Media Day. They want it to go as well as you do.

There really isn't a legitimate reason to have the whole "I drove an hour and got turned away because the park didn't like my shoes" scenario at this point. If it seems questionable, then ask the question so you won't have a disappointment on April 17. They're obviously going to answer.

• Like 5

Allowing coaster club member to attend the event period is more than they had to do.

GP, who is deeply grateful for the opportunity to be among the first riders on the this beautiful work of art.

EDIT: Just realized i double posted by accident. Darn you Tapatalk......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

And as for driving an hour to get there, big whoop. There are people coming from 3/4 the states, the District of Columbia, US protectorates and from foreign countries. This is Kings Island's celebration, press event and party. Be a gracious guest...or stay home.

I believe I said I wasn't going.

They have made it clear that they are open, willing, and speedy to answer any questions concerning Media Day.

Hmmm....contacted the park via their website 3 days ago....still no answer.

Simple question, will lockers be available?

Have you tried emailing or private messaging Don directly? If you're on the attendee list, you should have his email address. He sent out the informational email.

You could also try calling the park.

I don't have a reason for why you don't have your answer already, but Don's evidently been quick to answer everyone else on here who has asked something.

• Like 2

For Pete's sake, could we all just take a chill pill on this logo-on-shirt business? Those attending Media Day (IMO a bit of a misnomer seeing as it's more likely going to end up like some overcrowded enthusiast event) have been given very clear directions on what not to wear, and if anyone wants to see if they can sneak into the event with a shirt that does not follow the guidelines, more power to them.

Besides, if someone is denied entry to Media Day because of a shirt not fitting the very clear guidelines, that's one less person in front of me in line.

• Like 8