Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

See I think they would start near the pretzel loop and hack there. If they build the dive loop l, lift hill and loop through the hill next, the kind if just blocked themselves in. The would now have to go all the way around by FD to move the heavy equipment. I know this probably won't happen but to me it makes the most sense.

You'd think they would want the visual representation by the causeway up front and noticable to the Haunt crowd this Fall. I would suspect they would get everything done within eyesite of Action Zone up and ready first and foremost.

Why would they advertise Banshee to those driving into Cedar Point?

(The main road to Cedar Point is called a causeway because it is one. There are no causeways anywhere near Kings Island.)

• Like 8

See I think they would start near the pretzel loop and hack there. If they build the dive loop l, lift hill and loop through the hill next, the kind if just blocked themselves in. The would now have to go all the way around by FD to move the heavy equipment. I know this probably won't happen but to me it makes the most sense.

It appears as though not all of the footers have been completed back in that area.

It appears as though not all of the footers have been completed back in that area.

I was thinking that looking at the pictures....They have time it's only September.

You'd think they would want the visual representation by the causeway up front and noticable to the Haunt crowd this Fall. I would suspect they would get everything done within eyesite of Action Zone up and ready first and foremost.

Why would they advertise Banshee to those driving into Cedar Point?

(The main road to Cedar Point is called a causeway because it is one. There are no causeways anywhere near Kings Island.)

Oh you, thy of the interbutts brigade.

Not quite certain why 'causeway' emerged there. I simply meant walkway.

• Like 2

If they work that direction, they couldn't do any of the queue work until nearly the whole coaster was built. Same goes for the mechanicals and wiring for the lift hill. It's not worth holding up all of that just to keep from having to move some equipment a little farther.

If they work that direction, they couldn't do any of the queue work until nearly the whole coaster was built. Same goes for the mechanicals and wiring for the lift hill. It's not worth holding up all of that just to keep from having to move some equipment a little farther.

or think about it this way.

If clifford the big red crane can't fit under the tracks and out to the old water tower where it was brought in then its going to have exit the park behind flight deck anyways. It would appear that getting the track/support in for the lift hill, dive loop, loop around the lift hill would be tough if all that work had to be done from beyond the dive loop location.

I don't know if there will be enough clearance under the track once its taken apart to fit Clifford under the track and out the way it came, but if not, I think they'll have to exit the park beyond flight deck no matter what order they put the track in. Remember, once that thing is on a truck bed, it likely has to fit under your standard bridge clearance (other wise moving it around the country would be a major, major hassle, though not impossible). From my perspective a week or so ago, it would appear that there is more clearance under the bottom side of the track and the ground level that this can be accomplished. That track is sitting up pretty high.

Will they even use Clifford on the back portion of the track? Can they get that track up w/ the other smaller cranes they have on sight since the elevation in that area won't be so high? Or at least not as high as the lift hill/dive loop portions.

• Like 3

how is the track purple/pink? it looks Diamondback red to me...

Trust me, it is purple. I was talking with someone last Friday at the park and saying thank goodness that it wasn't the Cedar Fair red and gold or tan that they really like on their coasters.

Maverick, Diamondback, I305, Intimidator, etc.

having seen it in person, its definently not Diamondback red. I don't know that I'd call it purple, but definently not Diamondback red.

No matter what you call color you call it, its eye popping. Its going to look great in that spot. Assuming the flying swing thing stays where its at, I hope they put a little money into painting the supports for that thing. Its mostly the color of rust right now and will be an eye soar parked right next to their new beauty.

• Like 2