Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

I wonder if they'll hang a tree or flag up there, now that they're as high as this thing is going to go.

Wut.............a tree?

Yup, a tree. An evergreen tree to be more specific (generally), or a "Christmas" tree for those that are not quite sure what an Evergree tree is. Don't know if they do that in coaster construction, but its very common in steel erection. Generally placed on the highest piece of steel to go up, which in buiding construction is generally the last major piece of steel installed. They obviously have a ton more steel to go up, so the tradition may no carry thru.

Yup, a tree. An evergreen tree to be more specific (generally), or a "Christmas" tree for those that are not quite sure what an Evergree tree is. Don't know if they do that in coaster construction, but its very common in steel erection. Generally placed on the highest piece of steel to go up, which in buiding construction is generally the last major piece of steel installed. They obviously have a ton more steel to go up, so the tradition may no carry thru.

Interesting...I've heard of topping structures with a flag but not with a tree.

Learn something new everyday (even at my age).

The topping out ceremony is what you are referring to with the evergreen tree. It is tradition of high steel workers, but it is hit or miss with coasters. More of a European tradition that has migrated across the pond.

See TTD (thanks RCDB)

4fa061leclo9i0mj41r8g0.jpg

manta-sea-world-highest-point.jpg(Manta: courtesy the coastercritic)

• Like 5

^^ That's a direct link to the webcam, which thedevariouseffect said is blocked.

You need to upload it elsewhere, eg. http://belle.zzxc.net/fun/20130927.Banshee.jpeg

Another benefit to doing this is that people can refer back to it later. The live webcam link will update itself, and people won't see the image you were posting about.

EDIT:

ˇ Yes, that image is rehosted properly, on the tapatalk server.

I can assure you that the station for Banshee will work. They aren`t going to install a ride as expensive as Banshee if the loading station doesn`t work.

Tell that to Hersheypark concerning Skyrush. I personally haven't experienced it, but from my understanding its station was a nightmare on capacity its opening season (compared to what it could have been), with the one sided load and unload. Last year also included an attempt at rotating bins that apparently didn't work out so well, but apparently have been eliminated?

. I was at Hershey in June. Skyrush's station is a hot mess. I agree. And yes the bins have been replaced with just wooden boxes that don't close or lock so basically everyone is on the honor system