Banshee Construction Progress

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We did not mention all the statistics during the announcement because statistics are not what make a roller coaster great; it's the ride experience it delivers that makes it great.

It's good to see me, isn't it? No need to respond! That was rhetorical. Under 30 days until Banshee makes its public debut! We can't wait for you to come out and experience this ride.

We have guests that are more excited about our live shows than our roller coasters, that visit the park specifically for the shows. For these guests, the Cirque Imagine announcement was as exciting as

From Kings Island's Twitter:

"Workmen have begun installing sections of track for the first drop of Banshee."

Bansheedrop_zps52fce6d9.jpg

This picture's perspective is really cool and emphasizes just how steep and awesome this beast is! I seriously can't wait.

• Like 11

Zero-G rolls are for weightlessness, not airtime. And I'm hoping a slow one, like we will have, will end up being more fun than the more intense ones. (like other B&M inverted coasters i.e. Raptor)

What's the difference between airtime and weightlessness?
  • Like 1

I'll awnser: "Officially" it's the former Iron Wolf @ Six Flags Great America in Illinois, a stand-up coaster that wasn't exactly known for comfort like later B&Ms would come to be known for. It opened on April 28th, 1990. However, after the 2011 season, the Iron Wolf was closed and re-located to Six Flags America, where it became Apocalypse.
Iron Wolf's RCDB page: http://rcdb.com/6.htm

Update: Darn it! Terpy beat me! :P

• Like 3

I'll awnser: "Officially" it's the former Iron Wolf @ Six Flags Great America in Illinois, a stand-up coaster that wasn't exactly known for comfort like later B&Ms would come to be known for. It opened on April 28th, 1990. However, after the 2011 season, the Iron Wolf was closed and re-located to Six Flags America, where it became Apocalypse.

Iron Wolf's RCDB page: http://rcdb.com/6.htm

Update: Darn it! Terpy beat me! :P

Thank you.

• Like 1