Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

Yesterday was the first time in the park for me all year. Did a bunch of haunt stuff and midnight rides on Beast/Diamondback (awesome all the way around).

However, when you first see the lift hill for Banshee it is awesome! Maybe its not the tallest coaster in the world or fastest, but when you walk into that side of the park it is an awesome sight. Looking forward to next season!

• Like 7

Yesterday was the first time in the park for me all year. Did a bunch of haunt stuff and midnight rides on Beast/Diamondback (awesome all the way around).

However, when you first see the lift hill for Banshee it is awesome! Maybe its not the tallest coaster in the world or fastest, but when you walk into that side of the park it is an awesome sight. Looking forward to next season!

I was hoping it was setting the record for tallest invert like many others, but i'm happy that it's not 120ft or less like most of b&m inverts. the only tall ones I know of which range from 144ft-197ft is alpengeist (my all time fav) pyreneese, katun, afterburn, montu, and phaethon.

Guest KingsIslandPR

There is a construction tour Sunday at 2 pm.

I am wondering if it is available to just ACE, or if all paid coaster club members are able to go.

The tour today is exclusively for ACE members. Membership cards must be presented to take the tour.

• Like 2

Since I go during the middle of the week typically, I almost always park in Invertigo rows 47ish (give or take a few rows), so I don't pay that close of attention to what row names they have over there. I do know that all the rows generally line up w/ the ride that you'd be looking at.

I know Invertigo is first on that side of the parking lot, then I believe drop zone. If they plan to keep the same setup, Banshee would have to replace one of those 2 I would think, though I'm not sure what the row names are beyond the drop zone rows, flight deck? timberwolf? With the signs already up, seems like a needless expense to change the row names in the parking lot, though some offseason parking lot improvements are needed, so perhaps new signs all around wouldn't alter the budget too much.

It does look grand from many different parts of the park. I don't know why I didn't notice SOB as much as I've noticed his. It's not just the color, as the fog of Haunt dulled the vibrancy. It looks like a sculpture rising above the midway.

• Like 4

i really wish they would clean off that smudge on the webcam and also maybe zoom in a little more. I know if would mess up the time lapse a little, but i would prefer to have a more detailed look than have a "perfect" time lapse.

yes, it bothers you too! and on another note there's really a lot of supports on this ride more so than what ive seen on beemers. cant wait for the first time I see it in person and how Action Zone will look different.

• Like 1