Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

Hey guys, I was wondering if someone would be able to post a progress picture of Banshee with a screenshot at same angle of SOB. I would love to have a reference on how it looks in size and configuration. I am sure someone on here is just that good to make this request come true. Thank you p.s. the answer YES someone could is not necessary.

Hey guys, I was wondering if someone would be able to post a progress picture of Banshee with a screenshot at same angle of SOB. I would love to have a reference on how it looks in size and configuration. I am sure someone on here is just that good to make this request come true. Thank you p.s. the answer YES someone could is not necessary.

It may not be necessary, but is it required?

• Like 3

There are more supports near the first drop, and looks like maybe some track in that area too. Plus more track in the back field. But I agree, we should be seeing more deliveries soon.

I think they probably drop clifford down when they are expecting high winds.

• Like 2

Ask and you shall receive a spotty rendering of this.

10595001803_248807e83e.jpg
BansheeOld by Diamondbacker, on Flickr
  • Like 12

Does anyone know if it's permissible to park in the passenger drop-off/pick-up lot and take pictures from there? I could probably get decent pics from the church parking lot across the street if not :)

Technicaly no, because that is park property, which is now closed to the public for the season. You would need special permission from the Park to do so. I'm sure Don will post plenty of pics in the offseason from close in, so no need to risk arrest to get a pic from hundreds of feet away.

that, and if people are in there taking pictures, the Mason Police won't have anywhere to sit and clock drivers on Kings Island Drive.

Actually it is KI property (I think anyway)- but have see cars in there on occasion talking on cell phones or other items that can't be done while driving. I wouldn't classify pulling in there as trespassing per se.

• Like 2

Wish granted! :D No trespassing was involved. Pics were taken by my fiancé from the road right in front of CSF :) there was no one behind me so we just stopped on the road real quick to get pics. All we saw was this one truck. Sorry they aren't closer views but looked like two pieces of track and a small support.

ru6yveqe.jpgpy6edume.jpg

Edit: removed one pic because you couldn't tell anything past the rain drops on the window.

• Like 11

and going back to who ever said the zero g roll will be ki's first, the dive loop, immelman, and in-line twist are also new inversion types for the park. just wanted to spit that out.

Doesn't Firehawk have an inline twist.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Yep. Two of them back-to-back, in fact.

• Like 5

ok scratch the in-line twist being a first for ki (slipped my mind about Firehawk), but the other 3 are still new. and i consider Banshee's "batwing" as more of a pretzel loop,but thats just me... anyone else?

I'm also on team pretzel loop! :P

• Like 1

The last image I saw today was Clifford resting his big red head on the ground....napping and expecting high winds to blow through...I know they did here! Practically cleaned the leaves out of all of my trees (and blew them handily into my neighbors yard. Yay!)

• Like 9

Doesn't Vortex's batwing count as an immelman and a Dive loop?

It counts as a batwing. But what makes up a batwing are a reverse side-winder into a side-winder.

Banshee's "batwing" actually counts as a pretzel knot. (rcdb will back me up on that, thankfully) Which consists of a dive loop into an immelman (or the two elements of a batwing) that cross the exit and entrance paths over one another.

Small differences, but when you're someone like me, they are important to acknowledge.

• Like 9